Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yes hi I work in healthcare so I'm clearly the perfect choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Sorry, I'm on a slightly wonky timezone.

Movement has never failed me in co-op time sensitive games, so, Dispatcher / Air Transport.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

A bit of a black border around cubes would also help, especially on the blue ones!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm just refreshing myself on the rules, but I can help push you towards HCM if required and then just blip my way on over to you. At the very least that all seems like a plan.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It would be kinda nice to have the colours marked in our hands, for those of us who are stupid, but I'll probably just keep track of that myself anyhoo

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Medic - Some Numbers - Orange - New York
    Black: Kolkata
    Yellow: Buenos Aires, Miami
    Other: One Quiet Night
Scientist - Jedit - White - Atlanta
    Red: Beijing
    Yellow: Santiago
Dispatcher - Stelas - Pink - Atlanta
    Red: Manila, Seoul
Researcher - berenzen - Brown - Atlanta
    Red: Ho Chi Minh
    Black: Delhi

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Now that I look at it, I should have been the one to take Ho Chi Minh, because I could set up the research station this turn. Oh well

(Take Ho Chi Minh, Teleport to Jedit, Move to Ho Chi Minh, Set up Research Station)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

e: de-finalizing my plans

Teleport to Jedit (using the standard Despatcher ability, not my card)
Hand off Manila to Jedit
Drive to Sydney
Treat

... seems like the best way to go about things this turn? Any thoughts? I could take Delhi off of berenzen but can't see anything useful to do with it - alternatively I could use my last couple of actions to move other people around the board a bit (Jedit to HCM for a start)

Stelas fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 21, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Actually those last two actions could be Jedit to HCM and Numbers to Madrid, a little closer to that blob of black that needs clearing up.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Ah, I wasn't sure if we were still going for the research station.

Actually, hmm... in that case, I don't think it's worth moving you right now? Whichever way we do it I'm going to need to offload Seoul to you next turn. Moving you to Taipei leaves you 2 spaces away and potentially with not a whole lot to do with two of your actions on your turn. I'm wondering if it'd be better to give berenzen a boost to whatever's planned next.

e: What I mean is I can't see any way to do this other than

Your turn - you move to Seoul and ????? (potentially wasted actions if you're too close)
My turn - teleport to you, hand off the card

Stelas fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 22, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, let's go with that. And it doesn't hurt to have some insurance for Jedit.

# Warp to Manila
# Hand off Manila card
# Warp berenzen to Manila
# Move Jedit to Taipei

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

No worries here, it's the weekend and I had a Star Trek to watch.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Stelas, can you get me to closer to Delhi so I can have more Actions on my turn?

Jedit posted:

So if Stelas moves to Bangkok and treats twice and Berenzen passes me Sydney so I can fly there, we can both cure and eradicate Red?

These are both good (looking at the rules we really don't want a research centre to start getting too much panic) but I wonder if it might be more useful for me to move to Sydney instead because that frees me up to move Numbers once - which allows Numbers to clear Atlanta on his turn. Something like:

I move to Sydney, clear, and move Numbers to Tehran.
Berenzen clears Delhi and questionmark questionmark
Jedit makes red cure, moves twice to Bangkok, clears, yay red is gone
Numbers moves to Delhi, flies to Atlanta, clears it

y/n?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

berenzen posted:

What if I head to Kinshasa instead to deal with that mess instead, so we don't risk an outbreak there? I can clear out a cube off of Delhi, or give Jedit Sydney as well.

Totally fair, I just think it's a bit more beneficial if I hit Sydney instead of Jedit rather than moving twice. I really want Numbers to get to Atlanta because as far as I can tell having it hit panic 2 would start to suck.

Move to Sydney
Treat
Treat
Move Numbers to Tehran

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, right. I'm a dip. Yes, please, do that instead of moving Numbers one space. (I'm assuming that's why I was asked to re-confirm - if it's for something else, uhh... I chalk it up to being dumb.)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Yeah. I blame the PbP format, it's easier to notice with the character card in front of you. I wanted to get the update out before going to bed.

I appreciate it, especially since it's the first game and all - it's been a loooong time since I played Pandemic. Honestly the Despatcher seems pretty bonkers in a game where you have to be efficient with movement.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Jedit posted:

Great, now we can't eradicate Red.

Yeah we can? You could Cure, Move, Move, Treat. If a disease is cured, treating it removes all cubes, so you're still good.

e: On top of that berenzen just saved us an outbreak, which is probably for the best. To be honest I'm almost tempted to suggest that once you've researched the cure, you could start working on black or yellow - someone else (i.e. me) can go clean up the rest of the red on their turn but getting you cards is pretty much first priority.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 26, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Sounds good to me, if we don't draw any source of red (which is admittedly the only wrinkle) then I can move-move-eradicate-warp to you and you can yank the card off me.

I think Numbers is gonna be on pure blue duty for a while.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

berenzen posted:

Stelas, can you get Jedit to me, or me to Jedit. I can give him bogota and moscow and he can cure yellow, and be close to curing black.

Easily done, though I wouldn't mind an updated board / some ideas on what else I can be doing in the meantime. I guess I could blip to Numbers and help with Blue?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Whoops, sorry, I never even saw your response. Apologies for holding things up, I'm just not sure of the map right now.

## Teleport to berenzen
## Teleport Jedit to berenzen
## Treat x 2

I can't usefully walk to any Black areas that need cleaning up right now, and this is the move that gets me closest to being able to help around there. Blue's kind of a concern but I'm dirt-slow at clearing it up. (This seems very mean without a Medic around.)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The Red Tide
The Corbyn Menace
Acute Brexit

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

# San Francisco (Blue), Atlanta (Blue), Bagdhad (Black)
# Santiago (Yellow), Los Angeles (Yellow), Delhi (Black)

Santiago's the other one I'm a bit annoyed about because it's in the rear end-end of nowhere, but at least we'll have a yellow cure soon.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

So I 100% have to hit LA on my turn or we're getting another Outbreak, right?

Yup, since we're at 3 cards now.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Blue Cube number is probably our most dangerous thing at the moment, but I think that's a good idea to just go for the clear. We can get away with sparking a bit of panic in SF because it's nice and close to a research station. Santiago is more annoying but since it's a 'dead end' in terms of map navigation I don't think it's too critical to let it get to 1.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, I'm thinking that.

## Move berenzen to Riyadh
## Warp to Riyadh
## Warp Numbers to Riyadh
## Treat Riyadh

The other 4th option was giving berenzen Riyadh to save an action, but I don't think it significantly helps berenzen's turn and does carry a slight risk of 3 scars, which would royally suck.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Oh right, so I should auto clear Riyadh

Nah, we haven't cured Black yet. It's definitely good to know for the future - I wasn't sure myself and kept looking in the Dispatcher's rules, not the Medic's.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

## Toss Seoul

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

A good point to say thanks for running this! I guess at the moment it's pretty much just base Pandemic but I'm eager to see wonky poo poo hit.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah I wanna see those real bad. Do we get to pick from a list? The rules aren't quite clear.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Cool kids do all their updates from work (because that's peak US timezone)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, Common Structure.

I tend to value movement more than anything else - I'd almost argue that a new permanent research facility would be a great idea, not least because Atlanta's at 1 panic, though where to put it is a really good question.

I kind of wish the upgrades were more character-specific and played into their unique moves. Oh well.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm on board with Despatcher-Pilot, but then I'm biased.

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm going to type it quite often, try to be nice.

Let's call it 🀐🀐🀐🀑🀒🀓🀔🀕🀖🀗🀘🀘🀘.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

We get to blame these guys if they mess up our work, right?

I'm still thinking give Despatcher Pilot.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It was Common Structure, rather than Medic Connections!

The Dispatcher is named R46.1.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Also I hate you for making your lady some kind of managing software or something.

Get a player who works in healthcare, get dumb healthcare jokes.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Also tempting was V95.42XD, 'Injury caused by forced landing of spacecraft, again', or the beautiful Z63.1, 'Problems in relationship with in-laws'. I love medical coding.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yaaaaaaay

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Heyyyyy you guys didn't screw it up!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm still here but priority to new guys. Possibly also post in the appropriate threads as a booster for new players?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Whoops, sorry, only just checked the thread. I'm up for it! Anyone have any requests on who I should take, though, I love despatcher but they're dibsed. Researcher perhaps.

• Locked thread