Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
lol thanks obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Cthulu Carl posted:

This is the loving police chief:

"Yeah, I have no idea who this officer is, but I know he's been placed on leave!" :downs:

yeah same thing would happen in a corporation with like 10 layers of management

the ceo of KFC prob doesn't know the clerks name who refused to serve the cops

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

revmoo posted:

Uhh but he figured it out before talking to the media...

did he? i dont see him actually speaking publically about it at all just a memo from HR saying the person is no longer an employee - which is absolutely standard

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
blobs and data urls and poo poo that just assume every browser has memory to waste for their lovely new slideshow

fuckin imgur come on guy

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
who called it in as a man with a gun if it was a retard playing with a toy truck?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i mean if it was called in as "retard playing with a toy truck in the road" there's a statistically 5% lower chance cops would have showed up armed

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

RedMage129 posted:

This does bring to light a surefire way to get away with murder. Place an anonymous call to the police complaining of a man seen with a gun, sit back and watch your quarry get riddled full of bullets. Easy mode assassination.

thats not really new, people have been making false accusations about as long as they've been able to speak

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Moola posted:

only works on non-whites though

works on whites if they look like bikers or hippies

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
getting kicked out of the marines is still an ex-marine though isnt it?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Volume posted:

So how do I immigrate to Iceland?

in iceland they all speak in bjork lyrics and batman puns like "ice to meet you" or "chill out"

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
do you guys snow what i am talking about in ice land

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Volume posted:

Im Mexican so every time I see a cop i take a deep breath and mentally prepare my self to die by his hands.

the police are a lot less corrupt in mexico, lucky you aren't american

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I had a cop pull me over last month for an expired tag. I made the mistake of reaching for the paper plainly sitting on my dashboard that was another ticket from an hour prior, I figured I wouldn't get another since it was late at night (so I couldn't renew them) and needed to make it home, since I hadn't realized that my state does registration by Birthday, and not whole month like my last State.

The officer immediately put their hand on their gun, ordered me to freeze and had 3 more cruisers with 6 more officers show up. The one cop (maybe cop 6 or 7) seemed pretty apologetic about the whole thing. If I were black I guess I'd have just been straight executed instead of some guy apologizing for the over reaction.

I did end up with $300+ in tickets though, I guess as a gently caress you from the cop that called in the entire police force because some guy moved his hand toward his steering wheel.

no you got 300+ in tickets for having expired tags

just like i did once. my tags were expired, and i got a ticket

i could make up excuses but it was because my tags were expired

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
lots of people move and manage to get legal tags on their car

once i was lazy and i didnt renew my tags

the fine was about 300 bucks

i paid it like an adult

but then, as a white person, i dont really have an excuse not to

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i mean i could say that the hispanic looking lady cop gave me the ticket because she hates whites or hates men but that would be stupid and im not one to make excuses for my own mistakes

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

GORDON posted:

You really have your poo poo together, you should be in charge of the police.

im pretty great but being in charge of the police seems like a hassle

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
there are silos full of lawyers chomping at the bit to make their career by destroying a bad cop

my advice is to shut up and let those guys do your fighting for you

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The state I came from does tags by month. I.E. My February tags would be expired on March 1st.

This state does it by birthday, so a February 1st birthday makes my tags expired on February 2nd.

Not only did I not know that, I had never heard of that. No state I have ever lived in (10+) has ever had a law like that. I wasn't told that when getting my tags.

but I'm sure my justification for a ticket is what's really important in "Cops shoot Black Person Thread #45" of the week and we shouldn't be discussing how police are complete shitlords and that it's impossible they give tickets to be dicks when they are just going Rambo on the populace.

you should have known that? takes two seconds to find out. everyone else does

you brought it up, you wanted to latch your victimhood of a ticket you deserved, to these police shootings

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
this is me being sympathetic to your sad story

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Dogmeat posted:

yeah and they have so many success stories, like:

and this is because?

e: police are actually litigating cases all the time

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

cuck cuck im gay posted:

If a well armed society is a polite society how do they explain Canada?

i dont know what your on about but a cop shot a retarded man 10 times in my kid brothers tiny home town a couple years back here in old canada

my whole childhood was stories of one big ongoing biker war

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Cartouche posted:

Well lets start with you researching the racial statistics and posting them to show that while being more often reported of late it is getting worse (it's not)

no this is all about starting a discussion and a narrative buddy, so first you have to prove a negative

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
the media is not going to lie to manipulate you espcially not during an important election year

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Dogmeat posted:

But they don't? These cases almost never even lead to indictments. 8 LAPD officers shot up a truck they thought was Dorner's even though it was a different color and model and had two elderly latinas and a bunch of newspapers in it and not a big black ex-cop with lots of guns. No indictment. Also the city of LA had to pay 4 million bucks to the ladies but at least none of the cops who hosed up royally had to suffer any punishment. That doesn't bring up how safe they're actually keeping us if 8 cops can unload on two elderly latinas and not even murder one of them, but whatever. It's probably why LA only had to pay out 4 million for two ladies getting almost murdered by institutionalized gang bangers.

I suppose we can hang on to the fact an asian NYPD officer who murdered a guy in a dark stairwell that he didn't even know was there because the cop was afraid was found guilty of manslaughter. Certainly 5 years of probation and no jail time will make other cops think twice before they murder innocents for no reason at all.

All a cop has to do is say I was scared and they literally get away with murdering or at least attempted murdering people. It's loving embarrassing.

i'd prefer four million dollars to being dead but if you'd rather fight the cops then good luck to ya

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

seems silly to lump stuff traffic and shoplifting conviction rates in with police misconduct but im sure roylicious will break the numbers down for us and tell us what that graph means

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i still wouldnt mind 4 million dollars would be nice to have 4 million bucks

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Roylicious posted:

FELONY defendants.

FELONY shoplifting over $1000

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
you're comparing apples to oranges

shoplifiting is dead easy to prosecute. theres so and so with poo poo in his pocket

or theres so and so with these burgled items in his apartment

police misconduct is hard to prosecute or maybe didnt happen

once a grand jury has indicted a guy his union has bailed on him and he aint behind the blue wall anymore

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Zidrooner posted:

Things are getting better? Post the stats to show that, I'm interested to hear. I only said they are bad currently.

do you really think it was better in say the 50s or 60s or 70s or 80s or rodney king 90s?

when was it better?

e: if you say before obama i would prob agree

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Roberto_Silencio posted:

no, it makes sense, because it'll come out that the guy that got shot shoplifted something when he was nine, so that's justifiable reason for him to be dead according to most americans

what? that graph wasnt about dead people?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Roylicious posted:

Bud you are talking about officer involved shootings and reallifedinosaur is talking about something entirely different (general racism in the police force).

Both you and reallifedinosaur come into every single political thread and make things up like 'traffic violations skew those numbers' or 'police shootings have been decreasing' to justify the most backwards ignorant viewpoints and then act like you're :smugdon:

i said nothing about racism in any police force

i just said your numbers are stupid and that you're stupid and have no point to make at all

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Roylicious posted:

You said those numbers are skewed by traffic violations which is just moronic. You're no better than you should be I suppose.

you are comparing a very broad set of prosecutions to a very narrow set of ones in order to draw a dumb conclusion because you are a dumb person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Roylicious posted:

You said those numbers are skewed by traffic violations which is just moronic. You're no better than you should be I suppose.

*references Rodney King beatings and Civil Rights era policing to argue with someone saying police shootings are increasing*

"Who is talking about racism?!!?!"

nothing racist about those beatings the courts agreed

• Locked thread