Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
kick sleeps rear end w these amazing LIFEHAX + share your own!!!!

!) Xanax and plenty of it. Xanax is preferred but generic or any medication that ends in "pam" will usually do the trick. check the medicine cabinets of family members and aquaintances if you don't have easy access. if you have to, you can also see a doctor but come prepare with a good story

2) I like to think of a narrative story, like a guy driving on some road, then let my mind drift and the story play out, sometimes it lulls me to sleep

3) white noise

4) masturbation can be effective but try to do it gently. NO RAPE FANTASIES

5) hot tubs

6) alcohol: works but not in a lasting way, also can make the sleep pointless because it just knocks you unconcious rather than letting you reach the HOLY GRAIL OF SLEEP:

REM.

These are just a few rad how tos on one of the most challenging activities we all face on a daily basis. share yours and pretty soon wee will all be sleepiing like babies. drunk xannied out babies who just masturbated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

farting into your covers and then huffing the fart fumes gives you a killer deep sleep

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
liquor and smokes

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
leave your window open until it's fuckin chilly, point a fan at ur bed, put on an audiobook and u will sleep like a fuckin baby within 20 minutes or so

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Laughing Man posted:

liquor and smokes

nicotine is actually a stimulant. I appreciate your enthusiasm to jump into this process but I don't want our readers to get the wrong idea. Smokes are indeed delicious with your liquor, but please discontinue smoking at least 10 minutes before bedtime. Continue with the liquor during that period, if necessary

SaltLick posted:

farting into your covers and then huffing the fart fumes gives you a killer deep sleep

I can neither confirm nor deny this; i will have to try it and will faithfully report back on its effectiveness

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
lay still, close your eyes and fantasize about how awesome it will be when death finally takes you

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
ambien lol

way, way way way better than xanax ffs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

lay still, close your eyes and fantasize about how awesome it will be when death finally takes you

high level. i can see im not the only master present

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

ambien lol

way, way way way better than xanax ffs

you say "LOL" as kids do these days but the effectiveness of ambien is no laughing matter! It works by inducing a dreamlike state, even if you are not yet sleeping. DO NOT OPERATE MOTOR VEHICLE. DO NOT CONTACT EX GIRLFRIENDS OR ACQUAINTANCES. DO NOT PERFORM INTERPRETIVE DANCE AND IF YOU MUST DO SO MAKE SURE TO LIMBER UP FIRST. DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE FILMED

Play fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 22, 2016

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
overblown as heck

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I smoke up before I sleep which means it only takes about 3 minutes before I'm out like a light. I also like to fall asleep to ID Discovery so I constantly have nightmares that I'm being stalked or murdered or chased depending on what the episode is about. It always wants me up but then I just smoke more and talk back to sleep.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Sleeping in a recliner is a pro-level maneuver, often requiring years of practice to perfect, but perfection is worth attaining.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

satanic splash-back posted:

Sleeping in a recliner is a pro-level maneuver, often requiring years of practice to perfect, but perfection is worth attaining.

I have a heated Lazy Boy which makes that super nice but unless I'm baked or drunk I can't sleep on my back.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I do a set of jack knives right into the sheets

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

AEMINAL posted:

leave your window open until it's fuckin chilly, point a fan at ur bed, put on an audiobook and u will sleep like a fuckin baby within 20 minutes or so
Babies are kind of known for waking up screaming at odd hours.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
been looking for some of these, but none of this is the kind of caliber i came to gbs expecting.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I didnt read the OP but you can get 2x quality sleep in exchange for 1/2 the time spent sleeping by using memory foam matress and pillow

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Play posted:

3) white noise

i guesd reading your posts would put anyone to sleep :chord: :chord::chord:
edit:

Enfield fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 23, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm not gonna loving lie here, theres a podcast called sleepwhispers that basically cuts the Bob Ross asmr middleman.

Great with melatonin and -pam and any AD that knocks you out too

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i slide a fresh pepe into my beard every night before turning off the ol' monitor

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
One leg under the covers, one leg out, for heat balance.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

drink a bottle of antifreeze it's sweet and will settle your stomach for a nice long nap :angel:

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
you gotta hit your head with a cartoon mallet

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

tie bedsheets around my neck and wrists so i look like a flying squirrel when i jump nude from the 3rd floor of my apartment building. after drifting slowly to the ground i take the elevator back up and fall peacefully asleep for 7.5 hrs.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Zzzquil to wash down some Ambien, then you can watch everything sort of shimmer and melt into everything else before your brain shuts down and maybe you won't wake up the next day so if you do wake up you feel like you won something (or lost depending).

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I slept with a guy once who didn't have air conditioning and when it was hot he'd put an oversized sheet on the bed, tucking in the sides right but leaving the foot and head untucked. Then he'd put one of those tornado floor fans on the floor pointed up and wedge the foot of the sheet under it, so all the air was going between the sheet and the mattress, parachuting it up. Between the hum of the fan, the cool air and the gentle flapping of the sheet against your shoulder and neck, it was the most comfortable sleep I've ever had.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Read the ambien thread for my thoughts on proper sleep hygiene

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

criscodisco posted:

I slept with a guy once who didn't have air conditioning and when it was hot he'd put an oversized sheet on the bed, tucking in the sides right but leaving the foot and head untucked. Then he'd put one of those tornado floor fans on the floor pointed up and wedge the foot of the sheet under it, so all the air was going between the sheet and the mattress, parachuting it up. Between the hum of the fan, the cool air and the gentle flapping of the sheet against your shoulder and neck, it was the most comfortable sleep I've ever had.
whoa :wth:

ruffy senpai
Feb 20, 2016

follow me on twitter
with enuf wil power anyting is posible

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Write a book in your head!!! It doesn't have to be a good book, but go to that place every night before you go to sleep and write a little more in your head. White Noise is also good.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
shake up a cup full of xanax and benadryl and breath mints and rat poison etc for a spot of lights-out pill roulette, maybe you wake up maybe the problem sorts itself out

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

If you take too much benadryl or xanax or whatever you'll oversleep and miss your IT job and then you'll get fired and have to beg on GBS to get a moped so be careful.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Full Metal Jackass posted:

One leg under the covers, one leg out, for heat balance.

yup

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
cuddle like this

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Codeine for super restful sleep and lucid dreams. Piracetam for extremely intense hyperrealistic dreams.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
My secret is to never get enough sleep and be in a constant state of exhaustion.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Etizolam knocks me the gently caress out. A cool room, ambien and trying to go to bed at the same time every night helps immensely too.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I couldn't find my inhaler last night before bed so I just kind of sat around waiting for death.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

AugmentedVision posted:

cuddle like this

That is some mid-tier cuddling. What chick puts a sheet between her boobs and her bf's chest?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Nothing like the gentle rocking of the ocean in a gigantic amphibious warship. Like being a baby rocked in a cradle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

aqu posted:

My secret is to never get enough sleep and be in a constant state of exhaustion.

This and have low-grade narcolepsy so that I can function normally but can also enter REM sleep in 30 seconds or less just by sitting down closing my eyes.

• Locked thread