Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Live stream: https://www.facebook.com/thesplat

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/06/double-dare-marc-summers-comic-con

quote:

Nickelodeon’s nostalgia block The Splat is honoring the 30th anniversary of the network’s seminal slime game show, Double Dare, in a big way this summer. Well, Summers.

The network has enlisted original host Marc Summers to return, for the first time in 16 years, to the Double Dare set for a live edition of the game show that’ll dominate one night of San Diego Comic-Con this year.

The show celebrates its 30th anniversary on October 6 and is the network’s longest-running game show, having aired from 1986-1993 in its original run. “Thirty years later, people still stop me on the street every day and tell me playing Double Dare is the one thing they wish they could have done growing up,” Summers says.

Lucky fans at Comic-Con will get to do just that, in a nighttime exhibition on July 22. The event will be streamed live on The Splat’s Facebook beginning at 9:30 p.m. PT, wherein fans will be able to watch the red and blue teams compete in rounds of trivia and a slew of classic physical challenges from Double Dares past: Down the Hatch, the Wringer, the Human Hamster Wheel, and the legendary Double Dare Nose.

The Comic-Con Double Dare event kicks off a week of Double Dare reminiscence hosted by Summers on TeenNick (beginning July 25). The line-up features flashbacks, new Double Dare interstitial moments, coverage of the Comic-Con event, and episodes from all three iterations of the game show (Double Dare, Family Double Dare, and Double Dare 2000).

Nickelodeon’s presence at Comic-Con isn’t just limited to the Double Dare revival. In addition to its daily floor booth activities, the network is plotting a 25-year retrospective of Nickelodeon animation panel for Thursday, July 21 (featuring Hey Arnold! creator Craig Bartlett, Invader Zim’s Jhonen Vasquez, The Fairly OddParents’ Butch Hartman, and Rugrats’ Arlene Klasky); a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles panel on July 22; a women in animation panel celebrating pioneering female cartoon creators on July 22; and a Back to the ‘90s reunion panel featuring the casts of All That and Legends of the Hidden Temple on July 23.

Some late-night viewing for you crazy kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i heard he once sucked the OPs drat balls

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

i heard he once sucked the OPs drat balls

I took the physical challenge

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

time to do my annual google search to see if loribeth denberg started doing amphetamines and became thin

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

EugeneJ posted:

I took the physical challenge

lol

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tom Gorman posted:

time to do my annual google search to see if loribeth denberg started doing amphetamines and became thin

:(

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hm, larger than ever I'm afraid. At the point where mobility issues are sure to become a factor.

Really troublesome. Not a good year for her.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

i'm afraid that information was not...vital

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tom Gorman posted:

Hm, larger than ever I'm afraid. At the point where mobility issues are sure to become a factor.

Really troublesome. Not a good year for her.

I want to see her on an updated version of Figure It Out where she comes on as the mystery guest, and no one on the panel or in the audience knows who she is

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
IT'S ON

https://www.facebook.com/thesplat/videos/vb.664432390346832/926889947434407/?type=2&theater

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is that LITTLE PETE on the Blue Team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Somehow Larisa Oleynik went from being younger than me to being lots older jfc.

• Locked thread