Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I walked out of The Hobbit, cause Jesus it was boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

HeldenSterbenNicht posted:

Never walked out but I did fall asleep in the theater during the Ninth Gate.

I fell asleep during Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
nope. I payed for it, might as well see it

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

The film caught fire when I went to see Pokemon: The First Movie as a kid.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Drum posted:

who the gently caress cares what you did when you were 13?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

RaySmuckles posted:

fantastic 4

god that movie was bad

which one?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Do near misses count?

I once found myself in a theater watching "The Giver", thanks to my termanally-bad-at-selecting-movies friend, and was just about to leave due to it dawning upon me that this was yet another young adult dystopic sci-fi-lite piece of crap. My impulse to leave was halted when the film's main character is told by Jeff Bridges not to tell his parents what they do in the cabin and shortly thereafter asks the question "So if you're the giver does that make me the receiver?", however the lack of an appropriate follow-up scene replete with alluring visuals and bass-heavy soundtrack made me realize that we were watching a heavily bowlderised cut of the film and that my initial instinct was correct.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

On shrooms with some friends seeing The Lord of the Rings, one of them was having a bad trip or not enjoying the movie while tripping at least. During the scene where the Troll was in the room with the Fellowship my friend started making these murmuring sounds, and in the shot where Frodo is hiding behind this pillar and the Troll is snarling and about to peek around and grab him, my friends yells "gently caress!" pretty loud and stands up and shields his eyes from the screen and quickly walks out of the theater while most everyone in the audience is staring at him. We follow him out front and he's stressed out by the posters' faces and then we show him we still have an eighth of weed left and let's just go into the woods and smoke and he liked that idea and that's what we did.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Godzilla (the one with Matthew Broderick) and Jackie Brown. The first was stupid as poo poo, the other was boring as poo poo.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

no but my dad walked out of brokeback mountain he's like 75 and digs john wayne lmao

maddison
Nov 25, 2007

What the hell am I doing here?
I couldn't finish Antichrist or Momma's Boy.

Antichrist had too much of Willem Dafoe's dick, and Momma's Boy had a main character I could not stand.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

maddison posted:

I couldn't finish Antichrist or Momma's Boy.

Antichrist had too much of Willem Dafoe's dick, and Momma's Boy had a main character I could not stand.

lol, got jealous of Dafoe's member, had to walk out

To contribute, I haven't walked out of a movie yet.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cheaper by the Dozen...2.

I had 2 hours to kill and it was the only movie starting, why as an adult I didn't opt to do literally anything else still baffles me.

What a piece of poo poo.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
My dad made us turn off The Gods Must Be Crazy because there were african tribal titties.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

men who stare at goats. what an unfunny piece of poo poo movie.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Battlefield Earth

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I know I have only one time... It was a drama in the 90s. I sat through Ants, what could it have been?

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?

SAustria posted:

When I went to see the blair witch project, at least a 1/3rd of the audience at different points because they were getting sick from the shakey camera poo poo.

Coverfield is the only movie I've walked out of and it was because I didn't want to puke on my roommate. I didn't ask for a refund, I just went and sat down on the floor in the lobby. The employee asked me if I was ok, I explained and they offered me my money back. They actually insisted, it was my own drat fault for not realizing it was shaky cam so I wasn't going to make a big deal about it. One of them went and got a manager and my refund.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Oliver Stone's Alexander 2004.

Now I saw the theatrical version; maybe the director's cut is not stupid (for example compare the good movie Kingdom of Heaven's director's cut to the butchered theatrical version).

Yes I sat through the weirdly awkward Angelina Jolie incest implied scene with Colin Farrell.

About an half an hour later I was trying to convince myself the movie would get better, see look at those awesome period costumes surely it will get better.

Left halfway through the Battle of Hydaspes. God that was bad.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Drum posted:

This was the first movie I was allowed to see without a parent.

It sucked : (

Hector Beerlioz fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 24, 2016

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Dave_Indeed posted:

My dad made us turn off The Gods Must Be Crazy because there were african tribal titties.

The last 90 minutes of it are good!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My friends mom went on a date to see The Exorcist. The guy got so scared he passed out and keeled over, breaking his rib on the chair arm. When she got to the hospital she checked in on him only to find out he gave her a fake name so she left him there.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
The watchmen... more like neverending movie

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I went to ultraviolet by myself, but i was dropped off at like age 14, and I couldn't just leave, but I wanted to very badly. I did actually stand outside for a few minutes before i said gently caress it and went back in.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Movies I didn't walk out of, but felt like it:

Fellowship of the Ring
Had the flu and assumed that the movie would be like, 90 minutes (since it was only the first third of the story and they took out Tom Bombadil) so I agreed to go with my family. I almost threw up several times and left the theater to go sit down on a bench in the lobby near the end.

Hancock
I would have walked out if I had known how stupid it gets. Instead I was hoping it lived up to the badass movie it was promoted as, not a family comedy.

Finding Nemo
I was on a new medication that was making me paranoid. I'm somewhat aquaphobic, and I became convinced halfway through the movie that water was going to pour out of the screen into the theater and drown us all. So I went out to the lobby until I got my mind unfucked.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
I saw this THREE GODDAMN TIMES in the theater, the latter two times obviously were under duress because I was being dragged and was too polite to say no. This film is a masterpiece of suck--an example of everything that can possibly be done wrong in a summer blockbuster. The worst big-budget summer blockbuster ever, and one of the all-time worst movies ever made, easy.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My friends mom went on a date to see The Exorcist. The guy got so scared he passed out and keeled over, breaking his rib on the chair arm. When she got to the hospital she checked in on him only to find out he gave her a fake name so she left him there.

That's a pretty weak rib, right?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Friginator posted:

I was on a new medication that was making me paranoid. I'm somewhat aquaphobic, and I became convinced halfway through the movie that water was going to pour out of the screen into the theater and drown us all. So I went out to the lobby until I got my mind unfucked.

This sounds comparable to seeing House of Wax on shrooms, I had to calm myself multiple times.

That movie isn't even terrible tbh, I'd heartily recommend it as far as dumb horrors go.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The Cookout

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Pet Cemetery, I was 12 and it scared the poo poo outta me.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
The dumb Liev Shreiber Manchurian Candidate movie. I did not know what the gently caress for even 1 second of that garbage pit and the weird incest vibe creeped me out.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
The Last House on the Left Remake

I didn't realize it was a teen rape movie so I didn't wanna watch that. They gave me a credit for another movie, don't remember what I saw. Someone else walked out too, she was almost in tears. It was gross.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
You couldn't pay me enough to watch a remake of the Manchurian Candidate. There are certain movies you do not gently caress with. The Manchurian Candidate is one of them.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
Dr Strangelove (2017) with Adam Sandler, Kevin James, David Spade, and Melissa McCarthy

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Conan the Barbarian 2011

Rented the movie (don't do this) so I can't say I walked out of it, but I turned it off halfway through because it was just tediously boring.

When a movie gets beyond bad to the place where you are thinking about the fun things you get to do at work the next day you know the movie is a failure.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I couldn't sleep a couple of years ago so i bought myself a ticket to the Evil Dead remake, and for some reason i fell asleep 15 mins in. I stumbled up and out of the theater and drove home like i was drunk.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I walked out on 28 days later because the theater was full of urban black people and they kept yelling at the screen every 10 second and I had no idea what was going on.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

who the gently caress cares what you did when you were 13?

mods knew

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Walked out of Across the Universe because it was a steaming pile of poo poo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Dr Strangelove (2017) with Adam Sandler, Kevin James, David Spade, and Melissa McCarthy

Please do not pull my heart strings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I feel asleep during "Tall Tale" starring Patrick Swayze back in 1995 and missed like 90% of the movie does that count

• Locked thread