Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I asked in the ask a question thread but they're taking too long and they usually think I'm being facetious but maybe you guys will know - In the Andromeda Strain did they kill a monkey? Because if they didn't that monkey is a really good actor (for a monkey).

What are some other cases of animals being really good actors? Should animals that are good actors be eligible for Academy Awards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
that monkey in cannibal holocaust was a hell of an actor too

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I haven't seen that but I definitely will now.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i bet they just dosed it w like 900 adrenalines

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
No, they starved it of oxygen until it passed out then resuscitated it immediately afterwards.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What are some other cases of animals being really good actors? Should animals that are good actors be eligible for Academy Awards?

Also at the very first academy awards they were about to nominate a dog as best actor but then thought it might make them look like an unserious award show so animals are not nominated.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Hector Beerlioz posted:

No, they starved it of oxygen until it passed out then resuscitated it immediately afterwards.

My fat cousin rolled over in bed and did that to her baby, minus the resuscitation part.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

vols bitch posted:

So was the turtle in Tampopo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

they killed a water buffalo in apocalypse now

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

yes I mean Marlon brando

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

because he was fat as hell

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I wish they would do that to some people actors.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Also at the very first academy awards they were about to nominate a dog as best actor but then thought it might make them look like an unserious award show so animals are not nominated.

I'll never be able to watch another one without wondering what could have been.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
OP that was actually Christina Ricci in her debut role

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

I wish they would do that to some people actors.

Sean Connery almost drowned during filming of From Russia with Love, so I guess that's as close as your gonna get

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ElectricSheep posted:

OP that was actually Christina Ricci in her debut role

Christina riccis face defies the laws of physics and biology.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like the monkey in Raiders of the Lost Ark that they trained to do the Nazi salute

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

spud posted:

Christina riccis face defies the laws of physics and biology.

I wish they'd open a museum of celebrity skulls, because some celebs have faces that don't even make sense.

I'm not condoning rounding up celebrities for their skulls, but it'd be nice after they were already dead.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Dunsten Checks In is a v good monkey movie

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

vols bitch posted:

I just started watching this and it can't be any worse than any of the human actors.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

I just started watching this and it can't be any worse than any of the human actors.

The joke is they killed a bunch of animals making the movie. The people were not actually killed though. If only the animals had been better actors the producers wouldn't have felt it necessary to kill them.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

They used CO2 I heard.

I don't like it when in movies animals get killed for real. :gerty:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Nigmaetcetera posted:

The joke is they killed a bunch of animals making the movie. The people were not actually killed though. If only the animals had been better actors the producers wouldn't have felt it necessary to kill them.

Aww:(

Well now it's going to be very difficult for me to enjoy this movie about cannibal holocausts.

Fishlifters
Jul 25, 2016

Smell you later!
Ben Hur killed all those horses, dunno why they like that guy so much

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

why would you even make a movie and not kill at least 1 monkey

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
In The Wild Bunch there was a scene where they were shooting chickens buried in the ground. Apparently if you bury a chicken up to the neck in the ground they fall asleep so right before they hit the button to detonate the small explosive around their necks that make their heads shoot off they threw gasoline in their eyes to wake them up and look alert.

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx
artax...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I like the monkey in Raiders of the Lost Ark that they trained to do the Nazi salute

Bad dates....

• Locked thread