Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
This stupid rear end in a top hat that owned my house before I did put spring toggle bolts in every loving fixture in the house.

I want to kick his rear end so bad.

Half of the electrical boxes are the smallest pieces of cheap poo poo I've ever seen.
He didn't tack under the step when attaching the runner carpet on the stairs.
He dug a soaker hose under the concrete walk way from the driveway to the front porch. It's cracked in half exactly where the drat hose is.

I have to clean up this morons lovely work constantly. This post is all about how the previous owner is a CHEAP PIECE OF poo poo.

He's an old cock sucker and in 15 years he never thought to dig up the swamp in the front yard where the sump drains, and throw 20 extra feet of PVC on it so instead of owning a swamp it just drains into the gutter. What a dumb turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Monday_ posted:

Those are definitely things he did on purpose, he absolutely did not just pay someone and tell them to fix it like a normal person would have.

Hahahaha.

Guys look at this turd that thinks it's normal to be a worthless baby that pays a real man to do your work for you.

poo poo I just bought this sweet as light switch plate at Home Depot fam. Hold up I'm going to call a guy to install it.

Yeah right.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

brylcreem posted:

I had to google spring toggles and found a video made by a worthless gently caress, who can't pronounce the letter "H".

Thanks a lot, OP.

Here's the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO55oYozlxA

Yes these pieces of poo poo.

I had a bunch that wouldn't even unscrew, they just took a baseball sized chunk of drywall with them when I eventually lost it and ripped them all out.

criscodisco posted:

I know you live in Columbus, Dave, what part?

I had a country house near Pataskala, and every time the dishwasher or washing machine would drain, a bunch of sudsy water would gush out from under the back deck.

I live between Johnstown and Granville in the middle of a cornfield.

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

#7 sounds awesome

Also, op, when you purchase your next home, get an inspection. You can thank me later.

Inspectors don't look at or care about alot of this stuff. The house was inspected and is structurally sound and up to code, it's just structurally sound and up to code like a drat moron.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Skeleton Ape posted:

My house's previous owner was very frugal and had a lot of "money saving" features he was proud to show me. My favorite thing was how the water heater was wired through this timer so it could only run for one hour, twice a day. Want to do laundry, wash the dishes, and take a shower? Too bad fuckman, you're out of hot water until 6:00 :colbert:

What a dick. I would have offered him 50% under asking just to make his rear end ache.

criscodisco posted:

That's generally a pretty nice area, shame about the trouble you're having.

My buddy just sold his house on Eastmoor in Bexley. He had to sell fast before it was foreclosed on, as he'd lose everything (he's got a gambling problem, gambling losses last year totaled 60K).

Anyway, the place had tons of landscaping, and he couldn't afford the amount of mulch he'd need to fill it all. He was too proud to just let me pay for the mulch, so he filled the landscaping with grass clippings and spray painted it black. I'll give him this - it looked good from the street.

The kitchen windows were dirty, but you couldn't clean them because if you pressed on them they'd fall right out, as they were only being kept in by shims around the frame he had broken off flush and painted the trim color.

The entire back of the house was sinking into the ground by the elaborate series of koi ponds/streams that had been leaking for years.

Somehow he still managed to get over $300K for it, and they didn't do a thing, just moved right in.

It's pretty cool. I am on the edge of an old 1800's stone quarry with a creek running by the house so it's nice and quiet unless some cyclist rear end in a top hat won't shut the hell up yelling at his buddy about whatever other chach hobbies they have. It's the sound of nature, and then something about Bill's vasectomy being the reason he couldn't ride with them tonight.

Bexley is one of those status addresses where your house literally could be collapsing on itself and it would still sell. Super nice unless you walk down the street too far, you're right on the DMZ with the ghetto.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Do it ironically posted:

i lost my job a while back and am selling my house now and i couldnt give a gently caress less about all the little things wrong with it, that's not my problem anymore eat poo poo

watch out CANPOL goons im bringing my white middle aged blonde haired male self and my family to BC to make BC great again

Dude fight me.

I'll kick your rear end and then drive to work to do my job I still have because I don't suck at everything.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Today I went outside to fix some poo poo gutters that keep overflowing on the end that doesn't have a downspout.

They all have the old (or cheap) rear end spike and ferrule setup. So I knocked the one side out with a pry bar and a hammer. Lifted up the low side and see like a dozen finishing nails nailed under the gutter and then bent up like that would do anything?? Going to go ahead and confirm the guy that built the house was a redneck cheap rear end and the people that bought it before me were worthless idiots.

My house is also a wasp fortress FYI. Mud Daubers were actively trying to murder me the whole time I was up on the roof. I declare Jihad. A Jihad on wasps. Bug bombing the piss out of those dick heads in the attic this weekend. Taping off the vents and murdering them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Marv Hushman posted:

Please note that Raid products, even those that claim to kill on contact, will only make them mildly depressed. Two full cans into a nest, ZERO kills. I ultimately had to suit up and chop it down into a plastic bin. Hell with paying some yokel $2-300 to set himself up for repeat visits.

Launch your offensive at dawn or dusk, and slap that cover on toute de suite.

I did that two years ago.

And as a side note I think it's hilarious how every method of exterminating wasps has a final step of running away. The can of raid I had told me to go out there at dusk and stick the can into the hive entrance, unload for 10 seconds then fuckin run away. Except you're right because they don't actually die on contact. Actually they have plenty of time to get out and sting the hell out of you, so I suited up in some thick leather gloves and full burglar attire and went out to this giant rear end cocoon. The instructions said not to wake them up by being a loud rear end in a top hat so I snuck up there and I get maybe 2 feet away from the nest and I'm getting my poo poo ready to go... wife opens the back door and yells at me that I should be using a red light according to the internet. What an idiot. Thankfully they didn't wake up and allowed me to murder them all with chemicals.

Cool follow up story. I found a wasp nest in my grill tuesday night under the cast iron grate. They all died in a firey inferno it was pretty convenient.

• Locked thread