Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
hmm i like eating sugar that has the texture of plastic, but I also like to eat wax paper that gets stuck to it.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Candy Cigerettes were the best though, can't believe they are still even allowed to make them:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Microwaves Mom posted:

I don't know what they're called but they were these suckers that were pink on the top and white on the bottom they looked like flying saucers and tasted like cardboard.

I used to buy those for a shekel from the generic candy vendors at the mall, they're made of this weird solidified soda and sugar mixture.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches
Can't believe I made it to pg2 and none of you fuckerz said the obvious:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Only crazy people hate candy corn, that poo poo is ON the lake.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Cliche Guevara posted:

Candy corn and mallow pumpkins rule.

Sno-Caps are wonderful as well. They go best with some popcorn.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU6S3-cXtKs

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Mercrom posted:

liquorice is good but salty liquorice is better

waddap, my new salty licorice friend

my current fav:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
On Candy Corn:

quote:

Candy corn is made primarily from sugar, corn syrup, confectioner's wax, artificial coloring and binders

Hmm, wax, sounds gross, but what is it?

quote:

Pharmaceutical glaze is an alcohol-based solution of various types of food-grade shellac.[1] The shellac is derived from the raw material sticklac, which is a resin scraped from the branches of trees left from when the small insect, Kerria lacca (also known as Laccifer lacca), creates a hard, waterproof cocoon.

Doesnt sound as nice when its called "pharmaceutical glaze"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
It makes candy corn deliciously chewy I don't give a gently caress if it comes out of a bug's hole.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
This is our old people candy

Tastes like larva

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

mmm, soap/perfume flavored candy

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I love violet flavored candy. There's a grocery an hour South of me called Jungle Jim's, and they have a great international foods section. Every time I'm there I get several jars of French violet candy and it's practically give by the time I get home.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

olaf2022 posted:

mmm, soap/perfume flavored candy
these are the best actually
thanks now I can put a name to the mysterious grandma candy

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Bismuth posted:

On Candy Corn:

Hmm, wax, sounds gross, but what is it?

Doesnt sound as nice when its called "pharmaceutical glaze"

Man, wait'll you find out where honey comes from!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

criscodisco posted:

I love violet flavored candy. There's a grocery an hour South of me called Jungle Jim's, and they have a great international foods section. Every time I'm there I get several jars of French violet candy and it's practically give by the time I get home.

This wouldn't be in northern Cincinnati, would it? I used to live not far from there. I definitely regret not going to Jungle Jim's more often.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Schwarzwald posted:

This wouldn't be in northern Cincinnati, would it? I used to live not far from there. I definitely regret not going to Jungle Jim's more often.

That's the one. It's really a must that you go. Even if you're not into cooking, the whole place is a spectacle.

Edit: oh, just saw your moved. Shame, you should have visited.

criscodisco fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Aug 3, 2016

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Zorodius posted:

This thread is for disgusting candy, the kind made to troll trick-or-treaters and make the world a more joyless place

Good & Plenty

Looks like pills; sadly only contains licorice, not release of death

Sno-Caps

Literally just chocolate chips with sprinkles. Not a goddamn shred of effort.

Krackel

The stale version of a Crunch bar. Why does this exist?

Circus Peanuts

I think this is something someone made by mistake

This

I don't know what this is. It tastes like a movie prop.

What haunted your Halloweens, reader?

These are literally all my favorite candies. gently caress you, OP.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Sno-caps are great, and were my go-to movie theater candy as a kid. You let the chip melt in your mouth, then crunch on the sprinkles.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

criscodisco posted:

Edit: oh, just saw your moved. Shame, you should have visited.

Oh, I have. I'm just upset I didn't go more often; the place really is fantastic.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cliche Guevara posted:

I got into a fist fight over the last bag of candy corn at walgreens the other day

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Oh no way I lived for Sucrets as a kid. I nearly shot myself digging through my mom's purse looking for those countless times.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

criscodisco posted:

Oh no way I lived for Sucrets as a kid. I nearly shot myself digging through my mom's purse looking for those countless times.

They're kind of good. :smug:

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Smythe posted:

These are literally all my favorite candies. gently caress you, OP.

don't lie. No one eats circus peanuts. You can feed a hog a tire, but he will vomit at the taste of circus peanuts.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Twizzlers / Red Vines

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

notZaar posted:

It makes candy corn deliciously chewy I don't give a gently caress if it comes out of a bug's hole.

I hate candy corn but I'm with you. I already use literal melted fat to flavor a third of the stuff I eat. Bug goop is really not that far down a stretch, especially after it's been processed to hell and back.

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Twizzlers / Red Vines

Red Vines are alright, but standard Twizzlers are like chewing Raggedy Ann's tendons-- it gives neither of you pleasure and you're left wondering what cruel god would allow such a thing.

------------

My vote goes to Jujubes

"Hey let's take everything people like about a gumdrop and encase it in a resin coffin."

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Just lol if you didn't grow up with salty licorice. Might as well not even have parents.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Zorodius posted:

don't lie. No one eats circus peanuts. You can feed a hog a tire, but he will vomit at the taste of circus peanuts.

My cat went nuts over circus peanuts.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

https://web.archive.org/web/20121016154305/http://www.bad-candy.com/candies/

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Refreshing!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
these loving things right here. Living in Florida, somebody's grandma (mine included) would put out a bowl of these things only to have them all melt together into one giant blob in about 10 minutes. Even if you could break one off, they taste terrible.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Jesus, goons have terrible taste in candy. Do you just cram everything with a dusting of sugar into your slavering, gaping maws?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
jolly ranchers are harem

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

amityville anus posted:

My cat went nuts over circus peanuts.

That sentence is past tense for a reason

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Bill NYSE posted:

The Barfo Family. How could this be appealing by even the cover?

its to keep lame adults like you from buying a kids-only snack

e: i just noticed the dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I remember Barfo candy. No one bought it because it was good, they bought it because it was called Barfo. It was just super sweet flavored gel inside a little plastic accordion.

• Locked thread