Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
New Phish thread? New Phish thread. I haven't seen them in a couple years, but I'm looking forward to more dates in the southeast.

On occasion, LivePhish has free live samplers available on their website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Phish terr

10/14 North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, SC
10/15 North Charleston Coliseum, North Charleston, SC
10/16 Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, FL
10/18 Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
10/19 Ascend Amphitheater, Nashville, TN
10/21 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA
10/22 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park, Alpharetta, GA
10/24 Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, TX
10/25 Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, TX
10/28 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV
10/29 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV
10/30 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV
10/31 MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV

Strongly considering those Alpharetta dates, I had a blast there in 2013.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I can't comment on '15 vs '16, I've somehow not listened to Phish for a couple years since I saw them last. I like how Phish inspires their fans to think critically about the music and examine what works and what doesn't, and why. I've had different shows and years recommended to me for different reasons, and I think that's great. I've listened to a lot of '99 simply on good recommendations. I don't see that with other bands, even if it does seem to attract snobbery or Phish fans bashing the show they just saw. I like their sense of experimentation and willingness to throw different things and musical styles at the wall to see what sticks. Some of it does, some of it doesn't; that's the same reason why I like Zappa.

R3M posted:

it might just be me but going too indepth into the "objective" quality of sets/shows/tours sort of ruins the good and the bad for me, i just like it all

I think for the most part you're correct. Arguing that a certain night was better than the next night is mostly silly opinion, but I think there are a small number of objectively inferior shows they've played. Coventry in 2004 comes to mind.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Has anyone received tickets for fall dates yet? I got my credit card hold and the confirmation email a while ago, but no tickets in the mail yet.

Franchescanado posted:

I just found out that Phish will be performing in my city (for the first time ever?) in October, and if tickets aren't sold out, me and my girlfriend will go.

I'm not really an avid listener, but I've enjoyed A Live One, Big Cyprus, Madison Square '95 and Big Island tour. Any good modern shows (or even some good classics?) on Spotify I can listen to that will get me more prepared?

I've never seen them before, so this is very exciting.

Generally speaking, you can't go wrong with most shows since 2013, especially the Halloween shows or the numerous Dick's shows. Seconding Magnaball.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

LordPants posted:

Starting to go through the 98 shows, man I am legit surprised how good some of these Aud recordings are.

98 and 99 are such good years, I've somehow actually listened to more shows from those years than any others. I personally love the NYE 98 shows, they have my favorite Harry Hood and one of my favorite Slave's.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Earwicker posted:

Rift is a very good studio album imo. They are capable of it, even if it's rare.

Their studio albums are solid for the most part. I've always liked A Picture of Nectar and Farmhouse. I still recommend A Live One over them all, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Jacksonville last night was great, first time I'd seen the band in a couple years. Brought my dad and a family friend, and they both had a great time. A+, would go again. Stash, Undermind, and the Piper jam were just excellent.

Free download code to whoever wants it: 249422933773

• Locked thread