Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Sir_Charles posted:

Brown Moses is waiting for the wikipedia article to be updated

SA technically created brown moses right? He would lurk the syria threads for livestream leaks then start hounding people that were watching their cities explode for "sources," last I saw he was a "journalist" because of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Brown Moses posted:

Mostly I just plagiarise Wikipedia articles.

I've got a source I need to check on this, updates as I get them

Edit: It was a three flush. Someone post some information they read on twitter so I can break the news also to twitter.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Ka0 posted:

That one gooncon where everyone went to the beach, then some old random guy showed up in his SUV carrying boxes upon boxes of LARPing toys and props, and everyone just awkwardly shuffling away as fast as possible.

This reminded me of that goon commune in Hawaii? where they just murdered a pig or something and it immediately failed. Someone stole their ATV i think.

which then reminded me of the child death zipline for some reason.

Edit: Also that thread where a guy was storing bottles of semen in his room and got caught, and the thread where a goon convinced other goons you could boil your urine down into a pheromone that could instantly attract women

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I can't find the thread but when that huge fat guy that worked at Giant Bomb died there was a pretty funny meltdown thread where people were losing their poo poo over people making fat jokes.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
if anything its surprising he wasn't obsessively rating trains first instead of elevators

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Is GWS over that idiot hipster phase where people were trying to outdo themselves on artisinal hand crafted ingredients

I wanted to type out a sarcastic post where a goon makes the worlds most complicated peanut butter and jelly sandwich but that just reminds me of GWS.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Triggered posted:

What was the goons name who ended up on the front lines on Syria and was doing surgery after watching youtube videos? His posts about the CIA trying to get him all the time really made sense.

That was Fragmaster, one of his videos is "Doom House" it re-creates the feeling of being in Assad's torture prison where he was imprisoned until the forums united and kickstarted his release

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Stuntman posted:

them being really badly drawn made it even worse, like the scribblings of a deranged madman

what exactly happened to axemaniac? Is there a thread or something?

I remember posting here back when he was doing the whole Duke Nukem thing and had a cult of personality based around his comics of beating women to death with his dick or whatever but I peaced out for like a year around then and he was just gone, this thread is the only mention i've seen.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

he was a lovely morbidly obese deviant but what really turned the tables on him as mod was duke nukem forever sucking rear end

E: in fact, games has had a long history of hair trigger weirdos as mods. louisgod was a pretty good specimen of this

wait, you are telling me that the guy that constantly drew himself as a giant ripped naked man with a huge cock was actually the exact opposite of that?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
don't forget he was going to be a building inspector so that all of the "Renovations" on his sinking swamp house would be officially approved, by himself

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

various cheeses posted:

Do any shamed mods still post here?

SoundMonkey is the Creative Convention mod but I don't know if you consider altruistic hotdogs for hillbilly idiots and the resulting takedown "Shame"

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Nah I read all the Star Trek threads and nobody is having a meltdown over TOS being the best Star Trek.

Call me crazy but that guys impulse control might be in question, so of course he would be doing the exact same things on a parachute.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
oh kept in touch, yeah thats cool yeah okay so you know you might want to tell him to stop being a pedophile

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

RFC2324 posted:

Also maybe work up to it instead of going straight to the hardest challenge you can think of.

Gotta say, this thread has probably confirmed cps goon as the greatest saga, based on how often it comes up.

this just reminded me of something.

I think the connection is that CPS goon was in the thread posting about his redemption and getting his kids back when people called him out, but it was one of those "lovely things you did as a kid" or "Terrible things you did in middle school" or something threads and out of nowhere some guy admits he molested a dog and the thread tore him apart.

No idea when it was.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Das Boo posted:

You thinking of Morally Inept?

Yeah

That's the one, I didn't realize he stuck around for a year after that before getting permabanned (Thanks SAclopedia)

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Instant Sunrise posted:

Pretentious as hell webcomic author joins SA and introduces himself, gets mildly critiqued by the thread regulars, proceeds to flip out and melt down.

Which got the comic critiqued about pacing and readability issues, as well as the really pretentious writing. Also people were telling him that he didn't need to use the wordfilters like "gently caress" on the forums, that it was okay to swear.

Of course, he didn't take it very well and eventually had this meltdown:

Not pictured: after getting banned (and just a regular ban, not even a perma ban at that), he spent a good couple years on his webcomic talking about how mean SA was.

Yeah "My skin is thicker than 28 layers of Kevlar, I ain't mad"
*cue passive aggressive comics about SA for a span of years*

Also mentioned earlier in the thread a few times, but related to this (lovely Webcomic makers) was SpoonfulofBromide.

If I remember the webcomic mock threads right we were making fun of that Shredded Moose comic with the guy named Brew in it that was like redpill fratbro and was just awful, but SpoonfulofBromide was obsessed with Shredded Moose and years after it ended had been patrolling the internet for any mention, constantly trying to "Compile the archives" of this poo poo webcomic while melting down all over the internet about the brilliance of the comic to anyone who would listen.

This led them to SA where we were calling out their posts on random forums and mocking both them and Shredded Moose, and they started going nuts and posting their own comics. Which were awful and everyone thought were a troll until he ended up having dozens of them already made with hundreds more on the way.

That's where Goku Pants really took off since they had a huge meltdown over goku pants being posted as a sign of good art, leading to pages and pages of things like 3 goku pants moon.

That led to the two goldmined threads about them.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615435&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3615777

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I don't remember reading this one in the thread, but Roman TimeCube guy.

He tried to come up for an explanation for those weird roman artifacts that nobody really knows what they were for, and of course it was a revolutionary way only he understood that was 10x more complicated than any reasonable explanation.

He used to come to GBS and get poo poo all over for designing a tank of water you submerge things in to scan them because it was complicated, didn't work and if it did work it would have been inferior to other methods of scanning.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

TOM HANKS posted:

It's probably been posted in this thread already but the Heroin thread in TCC was one of the craziest things I have ever seen on the internet. You just saw these peoples lives fall apart in real time. I was actually able to convince a friend not to try smack by showing it to him.

yes

Saint Drogo posted:

TimeCube with Tits: Come learn about Roman Systems Engineering!

Guy believed the dodecahedrons were for crafting perfectly spherical sling bullets. somehow this went together with his :spergin: quest to eliminate small talk with personal dodecahedrons that would tell strangers you wanted to talk about rare coins, and with a drive to make STEM fields sexy, which linked to the Roman theme because something something Animal House.

YES. I loved this thread. I think there were a couple over the years and that one had the guy himself sounding confused about how the thing loving worked yet completely certain it was a brilliant idea.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

bunky posted:

did anyone post the thread where goons paid 30 bucks for the chance to get luxury items like motorcycles and vacations and ended up getting dollar store poo poo like plastic vampire teeth because lol
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3338464&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I always like that thread because you can skip from the first page of "I work for a startup and you'll win motorcycles" with goons going "Bought three" to the 7th page with "What you need to do is contact the FBI." and "Holy poo poo nobody suggest anything illegal going after the guy that scammed you"

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Charles Bukowski posted:

Here's a few I found in my archives. My organizational skills in 2007 are not what they are now, so I'll have to dig a bit to find the rest. I know I have fyad's insane bare breasted bee cock hat wearing fyad-tan somewhere. I have a lot of macros and weird goon poo poo from 2007+. Anything before that was lost in a crash sadly, including a TON of original videos created here.

Not work safe I guess.
http://imgur.com/gallery/3ST8w

Not accurate, Front Page Tan isn't a moldering corpse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

proof of concept posted:

Is that what hellbastard actually looks like? And spends his money on?

about that

quote:

thanks to a constructive dismissal I'm out of work. I found I was getting paid only 50% what people in my job do, and asked to be paid %60, then two of the newest members of my place of work flipped out at the audacity of asking to be paid a little less unfairly and basically had me squeezed out through a series of “performance reviews” that chastised me for basically following orders that magically piled up and dropped out of the sky after 11 years of faithful service. So the good news is more time to balance producing comics

2 years ago, no new comics :rip: