Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I'm very intelligent and ridiculously handsome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hey bby lemme sock u in the dome a couplpe more times and then we can talk about your feelings or some gay poo poo

sketch_nimrod
Apr 1, 2010
stammer intelligently while everyone jokes around

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Anymore tough questions that you dum dums need help with?

im trying to put the shape blocks through the holes but they dont fit. Blue ducky got through but red star is just impossible

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Autumn Angel posted:

Why did you even go to one meeting? I'm not trying to judge or be mean, I'm just curious about what drives someone to be part of a group like that.

During our monthly gifted meeting (ie, a trip to the courthouse because my school was broke as gently caress) they said we should check it out. We might make some friends, hang out with smart people, ladadada. It was at a local school, so I drove there with a friend whom I talked into going. It was a goddamned sausage fest, full of self-important neckbeards--redundant, I know-- doing creepy neckbeard things. Outside of the few high school kids, the youngest was at least 30. I was cornered by many of them, all telling me about their obsessions. You bet I never went back. They pestered me to join for years.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Zorodius posted:

im trying to put the shape blocks through the holes but they dont fit. Blue ducky got through but red star is just impossible

Just go around the holes straight to the bottoms

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

silence usually.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It feels terrible because I'm not quite sure how to open most doors and I get scared.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I just shut my fuckin mouth. I wish more people would.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
I beat myself in the head with blunt objects to kill brain cells because alcohol stopped working

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
I think kuato is pretty smart. al cowens too, he knows lots about politics and stuff.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Does xenomorph still post? I've never seen anyone who knows more about aliens in my life. And thathonkey is like the rainman of rap.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Trojan.exe posted:

My ex was that kind of person, the sort that is legitimately the smartest person in the room. He has an IQ of 180.

Mine still puts me squarely in the top 2% but I still felt like a moron around him the vast majority of the time. He has no concept of what it's like to not understand how to do complex math or coding and thought that if someone doesn't understand it that they're just being lazy. If anyone ever messed up anything at work he would openly call them a moron or stupid and there was no chance the company he works for would ever fire him over something like that because they needed his smarts to fix literally everything when something catastrophic happens.

Also due to being right the vast majority of the time definitely made him feel like his opinions were always right even if there was something not quite right about it or a bias. He never called me stupid though, at least not to my face or that I know of. I think being with me for two years taught him that some people do have mental limitations even if they are smart and that he really just doesn't like being around someone a good chunk of the time if both persons aren't on the same level. He didn't get annoyed with people all the time to be malicious, it seems like it was a genuine frustration that no one he knew with the exception of his dad were on his level. When we parted ways it was amicable at least.

Anyway, that was how he dealt with always being the smartest person in the room.

are you a boy or a girl

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Professor shark knows a lot about pawgs...

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Autumn Angel posted:

The most humiliating thing is to read up on the works of classic mathematicians. Leonard Euler was a loving BEAST.

Read up on Eric Lander

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Anymore tough questions that you dum dums need help with?

Why doesn't alex trebeck have a moustache anymore?

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

Helical Nightmares posted:

Read up on Eric Lander

Thanks, I'll read up on him later! I always welcome another opportunity to feel worse about myself lol.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

The Endbringer posted:

He probably shaved it.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

dethkon posted:

Professor shark knows a lot about pawgs...

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

SurfaceDetail posted:

He probably shaved it.

You can shave those?????

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
ive never taken an IQ test. i just assume that im above functionally retarded and that works for me. its just like how i can live with never having measured my dick.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

OP looking dumber by the post

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Suicide OP before you embarrass yourself any further.

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
well adjusted people don't worry about how generally smart they are compared to other people

they worry about their dicks

hth

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

The Endbringer posted:

You can shave those?????

Yea I've done it

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I dated a girl with literal brain damage/neurological problems, she had surgery where they opened her skull... she was 30 (I'm 35). She was overly emotional, very limited socially, and was a raging drunk due to her problems.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm getting deja vu and the posters in this thread have options.

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

Hoooooo boy, where do I start? Well, actually, I'll start with pointing out that you'll all see how loving obvious it is that my first sentence was an exasperated and condescending rhetorical question; you need me to point this out to you, despite its previously asserted obviousness, because my one blind spot is remembering how loving much my intelligence exceeds everyone else's. Already, you should be noting my proper loving use of a goddamned semicolon (that's this thing ---> ; yes, shocking, it's not just for making winking emoticons, I know (you'll note that my use of the semicolon where I had to loving point out what the gently caress it even loving was also happens to be a correct usage of it because that's just the level that I'm on - or you would notice that, if you weren't the intellectual equivalents of, poo poo, I don't know, normal people that aren't my own goddamned self - and that I'm about to correctly close this diatribe within a rant with proper parenthetical ettiquette and punctuation)).

Anyway, the way I deal with it - because I always loving have to, OP, and thread at large (and, really, humanity in general) - is, to answer your question you loving moran, pretend I'm watching my favorite animes instead of listening to your insipid bullshit.

That's what I do

Idiot

Nice meltdown

Hope this helps

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

SurfaceDetail posted:

Yea I've done it

And all this time I've had one growing over my mouth and chin to the floor like a sad excuse for cousin it, thanks!

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Big Swifty posted:

Hoooooo boy, where do I start? Well, actually, I'll start with pointing out that you'll all see how loving obvious it is that my first sentence was an exasperated and condescending rhetorical question; you need me to point this out to you, despite its previously asserted obviousness, because my one blind spot is remembering how loving much my intelligence exceeds everyone else's. Already, you should be noting my proper loving use of a goddamned semicolon (that's this thing ---> ; yes, shocking, it's not just for making winking emoticons, I know (you'll note that my use of the semicolon where I had to loving point out what the gently caress it even loving was also happens to be a correct usage of it because that's just the level that I'm on - or you would notice that, if you weren't the intellectual equivalents of, poo poo, I don't know, normal people that aren't my own goddamned self - and that I'm about to correctly close this diatribe within a rant with proper parenthetical ettiquette and punctuation)).

Anyway, the way I deal with it - because I always loving have to, OP, and thread at large (and, really, humanity in general) - is, to answer your question you loving moran, pretend I'm watching my favorite animes instead of listening to your insipid bullshit.

That's what I do

Idiot

Nice meltdown

Hope that helps

nice meltdown

what anime do you watch?

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

The Endbringer posted:

And all this time I've had one growing over my mouth and chin to the floor like a sad excuse for cousin it, thanks!

you are welcome

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
What you do is find the person who thinks they are the smartest person in the room and you lick their balls. While you are doing this you take their pants away and lock them in a room so their balls get all chapped and super gross, and then you are not only the smartest person in the room but you also got a free pair of pants and underwear and you got to lick some balls.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

lfield posted:

i also was in a gifted program with lots of adults calling me smart and guess what turns out i'm actually a dumb rear end in a top hat and so're you

I had this experience too. Turns out "talented and gifted" basically just means "capable of manipulating adults," in the running of things I'm a massive cretin. There are way dumber dudes around of course but that's no mystery to deal with, just drink and yell until you're as stupid as they are. Boom, you have friends now.

OP you should probably try to get some friends or something it doesn't sound like you have that in your life and you're really missing out

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SurfaceDetail posted:

Hey all

So I have a pretty high IQ. Not super genius levels but statistically on any given day theres very little chance I'll run in to someone smarter than me.
Now you may think "Wow nice brag Surface about a good thing" Well turns out its not so great.

I'm a pretty successful guy overall with a high paying job, nice gaming rig, and good friends/family

But how do you deal with being surrounded by people stupider than you? Like you 'get' something and it takes all the people around you forever to figure it out.

How do you all connect with someone on a deep level that's just plain stupider than you? It narrows the dating pool a lot but luckily over the years I've met some smart girls.

How do fellow smarties get by?

regular public defecation, just line up a big old ''core dump'' (smart person pun) and let itgo

Hate Fibration posted:

What you do is find the person who thinks they are the smartest person in the room and you lick their balls. While you are doing this you take their pants away and lock them in a room so their balls get all chapped and super gross, and then you are not only the smartest person in the room but you also got a free pair of pants and underwear and you got to lick some balls.

thats disgusting

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Cowboy Pope posted:

\
OP you should probably try to get some friends or something it doesn't sound like you have that in your life and you're really missing out

you are projecting and also cant read good

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

SurfaceDetail posted:

nice meltdown

what anime do you watch?

I don't watch anime. It was a clever satirical move that went over your head. And pulling that is how I actually deal with being the smartest person in the room. Also by being a bad poster

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

The Endbringer posted:

I loving hate that

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

SurfaceDetail posted:

you are projecting and also cant read good

I saw the part where you were lying about being well adjusted I just didn't pay it much mind

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Cowboy Pope posted:

I saw the part where you were lying about being well adjusted I just didn't pay it much mind

oh ok

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Big Swifty posted:

That's what I do

Idiot

Nice meltdown

Hope this helps

moran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

Amen brother

• Locked thread