Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sion posted:

Almost the olympics. How are we feelin' about that as a sporting event UKMT?

its going to be a massive train wreck that makes the sochi olympics look competent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that gawker article doesn't include athletes being kidnapped by the police

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the state pension costs the government more than all other benefits combined

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gum posted:

the ons has the state pension being 42% of welfare spending. Not more than the rest combined, but pretty close

i was going off the table here https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/benefit-expenditure-and-caseload-tables-2015

which has total expenditure as £167bn and the state pension at £86bn. It also shows more is spent on the state pension for people living abroad than on JSA

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Breath Ray posted:

What's wrong with living abroad again?

nothing but its a good demonstration of JSA not actually costing the government that much for the effort to sanction people so they don't get it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Zephro posted:

Yeah, it's just about visible as a small alpine meadow on the otherwise sheer slopes of Mount House Price

every chart like this should really have london and maybe the south east as their own lines

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Spuckuk posted:

A Cool and Good post

its really lame as is putting anyone on ignore

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

XMNN posted:

I hate this country and i want it to burn to the ground and everyone involved to die,

how much closer is that beautiful dream since I gave up on politics to spend more time with my family drugs and alcohol ~two weeks ago?

well the vote to renew trident means we'll still have the means to do so

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its probably easier to just talk about identity politics than liberalism all the time

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

no i'm saying that identity politics is generally effective which is why liberals adopt it as times change and things are more acceptable

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

But I heard jeremy was not popular in the north.

liverpool is a major city which he is generally very popular in

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

stockport is a really loving lazy name for a town

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

slough still has the worst name of anywhere in england imo. staines a close second

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

my brother works for a uni's public media department and the twitter rules on the olympics is so tight he's not allowed to retweet stuff on the uni twittr account from students who are in rio lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

XMNN posted:

whose rules?

the british teams

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

HorseLord posted:

Stalin started being Stalin, Undisputed Leader of the USSR in 1928. The war began for the USSR in 1941. That's 13 years of which pogoms could have been organised but weren't. He could have even used the war as an excuse, had he wanted. He could have span it as "Hitler is invading to get the jews, the jews have brought this on us!" and had them all rounded up and gassed right during the war. He did not.

Come on now, critical thinking please. Start with known facts, work towards a conclusion. Don't start with a preconceived idea and attempt to justify it, that's backwards.

stalin had like 20m people killed you gently caress

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it might be a wild idea but maybe the government could just give the NHS more money and there is no problem

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

give them all jam regularly

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

when did corbyn last ask people not to abuse mp's/party members because angela eagle is claiming he's done nothing for weeks

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

corbyn has been poo poo but who knows howhe would have done had he actually had the support of MP's

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

At least its not only labour who are trying a coup

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/aug/03/steven-woolfe-camp-fears-ukip-coup-to-exclude-candidate

quote:

Allies of Steven Woolfe believe he is to be excluded from the Ukip leadership race, claiming a “coup” attempt has been made against the former favourite.

Woolfe, who has the backing of Ukip donor and Farage ally Arron Banks, saw his leadership hopes fade after a series of leaks from the party suggesting that his membership was allowed to lapse, he submitted his application 17 minutes late and he forgot to disclose a spent drink driving conviction when running to be a police and crime commissioner.

His supporters in Ukip, including Banks and Victoria Ayling, a member of the national executive committee, said they believed there was a coup under way by people linked to Ukip MP Douglas Carswell and Welsh assembly member Neil Hamilton.

Banks said it was the “last straw” and he would try to convene an extraordinary general meeting to change the working of the NEC and professionalise the party.

Another ally of Farage, Raheem Kassam, his former chief of staff, said there would battle with those conspiring against Woolfe if he was excluded from the ballot.

He wrote on his Facebook page this week: “If Steven Woolfe is kept off the ballot for spurious reasons, I will declare full-scale war on Ukip, using all the assets and sources at my disposal to topple the Tory establishment that is trying to take over the party. That’s a warning and a promise.”

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMHt481HsFU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

LeoMarr posted:

Is the Labor election rigged. because acorbyn is a blairite in disguise.

this is the most easily trolled thread on the forums. you need to try harder

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ignore the second half of the article because its someone having a moan and talking about themselves but some interesting stats in the first half

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/08/01/pro-corbyn-campaign-public-sent-mainstream-media-hissy-fit/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oh its a poo poo article for sure, just the stats i found interesting

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Charles is going to die before his mam anyway so what he'll be officially called doesn't matter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i really shouldn't be shocked but i can't believe how upset people are getting about chakrabarti getting a peerage. who gives a poo poo jfc

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is there a reason there have been a few black lives matter protests around the UK blocking roads off?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Oberleutnant posted:

I want a knighthood.

ask your boss i'm sure the tories will accomodate

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Thought that was well known already. Do you not remember his mental "chatting to an empty chair" at the 2012 RNC?

i'd assumed that was just him trolling them/being senile. although i guess this could be too

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i just hang up on them

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

TinTower posted:

Robbie Travers is the guy who said "I'll call myself a Jew if it pisses off the Regressive Left™".

Despite that pissing off no-one in the Left. Ever.

how do you have the time for this/why do you give a poo poo. gently caress sake

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

when i went to uni i also had a maintenance loan that was never enough to cover rent for the year which was a bit ridiculous

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how does the tv license work with regards to the fact the building i work in has one but my company doesn't and i'd like to watch the olympics

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they also expected burnham to get involved and he refused

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

You shouldn't stick your head out of a train window imo

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/train-horror-person-decapitated-after-8584436?ICID=FB_mirror_main

quote:

A witness claims to have seen the moment a man was 'decapitated' in a horror train accident after leaning out of a Gatwick Express window.

The tragic victim was onboard a Gatwick Express train heading to London Victoria when he decided to look out of a window.

An unnamed female witness told Wandsworth Radio: "He lifted his head out and didn't notice the train was coming.

"The head flew off. I ran.

"It was disgusting. The train stopped and people were screaming, they were coming out.

"I just had to turn my head away. There were 15 people in the carriage.

The witness claimed a woman was stood next to the man when he died.

She added: "She was crying. She was traumatised."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it was a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i asked my mam about the tv license vans and she was completely convinced they were a thing because a bunch of peopel she knew were prosecuted after letting them into the house.

they must have been really successful at convincing people to let them into the house

edit: the kursk would never have fit in a house but all the people who died might have

• Locked thread