Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Not empty-quoting

Also, in with a ground floor first page 'Hope is a Mistake'

Because it is

EDIT - Including the hope that I could get in a ground floor first page 'Hope is a Mistake', apparently. gently caress

Erm, 2002 - our glorious reptile overlord celebrates her byootiful british golden jubilee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

XMNN posted:

I hate this country and i want it to burn to the ground and everyone involved to die,

how much closer is that beautiful dream since I gave up on politics to spend more time with my family drugs and alcohol ~two weeks ago?

You doing alright, pal?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

feedmegin posted:

Just got a text:

'Jeremy Corbyn here. I'm running for leader to build a Labour movement serious about winning power. Will you back me? Reply YES, NO or MAYBE. Or STOP to opt out.'

At least Our Jezza doesn't text in the middle of the night like your needy ex.

I got one like that from Owen Smith recently as well. I suspect a trap, and refuse to answer, lest they somehow find a way to disenfranchise me for voting incorrectly

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

tooterfish posted:

How would giving the stabber a gun have helped?

Why are you responding to the most boring and obvious troll possible?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

XMNN posted:

basicxally the plp want to make jeremy corbyn look bad but they cant say that so they do things like start screaming about how "what if people think you gave shami chakrabarti a peerage as part of some corrupt deal to cover up antisemitism in the labour party" until people start talking about it

in conclusion the labour party is going to die and good riddance

Bingo Jingo.

With that in mind - Hey, XMNN, guess what I'm going to do today, and why

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Pesmerga posted:

Covering up antisemitism?

Yes, but why

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

ukle posted:

Lol the court has ruled its not legal. All members should be eligible to vote irrespective of join date.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37009871

Hoooly poo poo. This is gonna get 'interesting', isn't it?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Just come back from the Bristol West CLP nomination meeting. I had to leave early but the Corbyn supporters were getting a bigger response, so that's potentially good for the old ballot.

The vast majority of the Owen Smith supporters who spoke were student-y as gently caress, which surprised and disappointed me a bit. Although in hindsight I'm not sure why

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Bristol West CLP Leadership Nomination meeting - 267 to 64 Corbyn to Smith

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Breath Ray posted:

I think there is more reason for a woman not to stand than an me person.

Except that Jo Cox was murdered specifically because she was standing up for ME people, not because she was a woman. And our current prime minister is very popular with right wingers, despite being a woman. Perhaps because she's historically been very lovely towards ME people and immigrants

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Labouur

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Seaside Loafer posted:

The logic I always go with in that is that if all (or a few) of our major cities have just been nuked there really isnt much point killing 100 million people elsewhere and adding more poo poo to the atmosphere, not exactly going to help matters in the grand scheme of things is it.

You disgusting pacifist. Better dead than red, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

And pretend the EU referendum never happened. Which will go down well in the UKIP-voting Labour heartlands.

• Locked thread