Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
OP is :perfect:

So we're pretending to fix a Dodge this month? I can deal with that. Do they use Imperial or metric spanners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

My gallery isnt https enabled and some browsers poo poo themselves

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ooooh, The Long Earth? I can talk about that, I read it and enjoyed it - interesting idea to say the least.

When I get trannny fluid off me.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

If you do this, absolutely do not read past the third book.

I'd be a bit leery of the second and third as well. First, undoubted masterpiece. This is how bad book six got - Kevin J Andrews is an improvement in his loving prequels. I just finished House Atreides and while it's fairly dire, it's nowhere near as bad as the poo poo Herbert was making GBS threads out at the end.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I read the first prequel when it was released and it was so terrible I tossed it in a bonfire.

Oh no doubt, it deserves burning. But compare it to Chapterhouse Dune and it's a goddamn work of art.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Cakefool posted:

AI is an influence on me, I've just been browsing Foresters on AutoTrader.

You know you want one. Or two.

Make it two. And then drop a WRX motor into one.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

At least you lot can read. Other car forums, I honestly have no goddamn idea how anyone can be on the Internet and be that illiterate

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

:: Sees 80+ new posts ::

What the hell are you guys arg...

:: Reads about surprise baby ::

Well. That's different. Congrats!

FRZ-BRZ - They arent as slow as made out to be but honestly just utterly underwhelming as a daily driver. They are sooooo much fun on the limit but that's for track only . Tooling about town they just arent any better than a Corolla... it's a car where you need to bolt on some fun and noise to make it an interesting DD. A supercharger might add on a limited amount of power but it changes the entire feel of the car even in traffic so it's much more enticing to tool about in. Also being a light car, you dont need much to wake it up and become genuinely fast.

So yeah I'm with a few others on this one - stock = yawn except on a track, supercharged = GIMMIE THE KEYS NOW.... and lordy do they seriously work as a supercharged car.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Cakefool posted:

Where's the best thread to post a Forester ad so knowledgeable people can tell me either to run away or what to look for?

Here, my Project Gone Wrong thread or Subaru / Flannel thread.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

CommieGIR and I are watching this gaming garbage livestream and it's horrid

Why. The hell. Would you even contemplate doing that. Havent you got something better to do, like slamming your balls with a door?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

I'm 195 and pretty drat chubby.

5'7 though. And I dropped 10 pounds just by switching to wine from beer.

174cm, 76-77 kgs pretty much locked for the last six months. Which is kinda frustrating as I dont carry any excess weight well - That last 2-3 kgs are just drat near impossible to shift.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

I now get why people hate millennials. I think this officially makes me old but I don't care.

Sitting at dinner with my almost-4-year-old, a couple of college age kids sit in the booth directly behind us. After ten minutes of them reading off all of their hilarious Pokémon names like "Gloopy gently caress" and calling the girl who brought them food a "dumb ho", I told them to shut the hell up. Response?

"Why are you using harsh language?"

I think the last time I wanted to cause someone such severe physical harm was back in high school when some shithead with pretty much the exact same flippant attitude decided that he needed to ride in the bed of my truck. Wouldn't listen to me saying no until I gave it a few quick stabs of gas and brake.

Country is doomed, terrorists win.

No different to the older cunts, no different from the cunts close to my age, no different from younger cunts - People are just straight out cunts no matter the generation. And to be honest, the Boomers have done far more to utterly gently caress everyone else so a few rear end in a top hat Millenials don't bother me.

And to be honest, I tend to find Boomers much more offensive and rude with far shittier attitudes. Certainly, I haven't wanted to skullfuck a Millenial to death for spectacularly racist comments. Yet.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

5'11 and 90kg / 200lbs, unfortunately a noticeable part of it centered on my gut. Cut out all sweet soda and candy a few months back and started walking which has at least stopped me from getting winded just from the three flights of stairs at work, but I think I need to start taking advice from YLLS.

There's enough fit buggers right here who will be happy to help and cheer you on. Get a bike :D

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Previa_fun posted:

Paging Cat Terrist to tell me how bad it really is. :v:

I'm actually really hoping the critics are wrong and it's good

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Previa_fun posted:

It's...alright. Not great, not terrible. The plot was rather disjointed but otherwise it was fun. I wonder more and more if a lot of the criticisms of comic book movies are due to the limitations of the medium of a ~two hour film and directors getting more and more ambitious with the stories they want to try to tell in that time frame.

Marvel seems to manage it and to be honest, it wouldnt have taken that much different to make Batman v Superman work - to me it seemed to have been butchered in post production. It's just more I think Marvel and of all people Ryan Reynolds with Deadpool have it figured out how to make CBM's work.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Wanna patte dem cattes

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ferremit posted:

Wanna cause car crashes on your quiet little neighbour hood street?

Take your cat and a pint for a walk! Two people nearly hit parked cars doing a double take.

Tried to train one of our cats to accept a leash, he freaked out.

I'm re-reading my project thread and I cant believe just how a) misnamed it is and b) how completely off the rails it suddenly got. Nor how much fun finding an absolute gem for a ridiculous price and bringing it back to life actually is

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Cycling: not even once

As much as the Olympics are a wretched sore on the rear end of sports, the cycling road races were absolutely amazing - that course is utterly brutal in way the Spring Classics only match and then some - the cobblestone section broke bikes, the mindfuck of a climb broke the spirit and the downhill just straight out broke riders. I've never seen so many broken bodies and bikes on one stage. The riders didnt beat the course, they survived it and it always felt like the course was ready to bite even the best.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Geirskogul posted:

How could they start with something so good, so pure, as Coors [Banquet], and move to this? It's worse than Bud Light.

I actually sat for a few minutes and agonized over choosing a "good" cheap beer, but couldn't bother myself to read any reviews or poo poo because I didn't have my phone. I'm completely oblivious to "beer culture" otherwise and am essentially going in blind to every choice. (I was a heavy liquor/vodka drinker up until recently).

So far I know that (and I'm only listing beers you can find in any convenience store here in Phoenix, to avoid uber-beer-chat):

Heineken is okay (but ages terribly so bottled stuff is usually skunky)
Coors Banquet is better
Fat tire is p. great
Four Peaks stuff (Kilt Lifter, 8th street ale) is on par with Fat Tire for being good
Guinness is okay, just not my bag and I'll never pay for one, but will drink it
Blue Moon is generic, but agreeable
Budweiser is funky in a "I work in a steel mill" way, but I can see the appeal
Bud Light is aggressively mediocre, (but better than Coors Lite by a mile)
Miller High Life is terrible (but better than Coors Lite)
Miller Light is bad
Miller Draft is good (enough)
Corona is bad, but good if it's a hot day and there's a lime slice in the neck
Dos Equis isn't half bad, and I'll definitely buy it again
Tecate is a knockoff Dos Equis and is bad and you should feel bad
Most "Stone" brewing company stuff is pretty strong on flavor, but also pretty good.
Also the same with all the "Arrogant Brewing" stuff.
Michelob is for rich poor people, but is generic and fuzzy
Stella Artois is cool and good but costs slightly too much for what it is.
Pabst Blue Ribbon is for poors or hipsters (but I repeat myself) and is bad but not as bad as some previously listed ones.

All I'm seeing is various degrees of horse piss mixed with battery acid

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

slothrop posted:

The Stone stuff is usually pretty good, sometimes excellent Pretty certain they started Arrogant brewing too? The craft beer situation in the US is really ten years ahead of Australia and lets not get into the retarded lock-out laws in Sydney ruining a good chance at a better drinking culture

The lockout laws are awesome... there was no loving chance of a culture other than the rivers of vomit on George St. All anyone did was get shitfaced and thats all they have ever done

Inner Sydney lost nothing of value with the poo poo clubs being closed

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

CPL T20 cricket final was yesterday, so I was watching that.

Test Cricket, best Cricket

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

literally a fish posted:

The woman would probably be cheaper tbh

If it fucks, flies or floats, rent it by the hour

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Edit : Okay yeah that might not be a good idea

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

SCA Enthusiast posted:

I have a question for our Australian friends:

Regardless of the Holden vs. Ford rivalry, is the Mad Max pursuit special universally regarded as cool?

I dont know a single Aussie that isnt an inbred fuckwit that doesnt think The Interceptor is the greatest thing ever

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hand her a weed whacker and tell her to get to town then.

I dont know about you, but a woman that needs a weed whacker for down there hair is probably a bit short on personal hygeine

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

Just got my long neglected Volvo 740 running and took it for a quick spin around the block. Does anything feel better? My firstborn child will have a lot to live up to.

It's all down here from there. Post pics

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

:wtf:

I've lost 20lbs in the past 4 months but my blood pressure is scary high right now, even though I take meds for it daily. Dunno if it related to the anxiety issues I've been having lately though. Gotta make an appointment with my PCP tomorrow.

Anxiety can and does blow blood pressure out to ridiculous levels. My BP levels between at work and on holiday are ridiculously different.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

14inch's thread is majorily depressing in the last couple of pages.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Any form of the bachelor/ette/in paradise franchise crap makes me want to drink sulfuric acid. This is terrible. Why do people watch this?

I'm convinced they are literal idiots. No one who is sane can watch that poo poo.

I'm freezing myself in carbonite until opening night.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

It takes place right before A New Hope. The rebels are trying to steal the plans for the Death Star, so expect many bothans to die.

Many Bothans died for location of the second Death Star, not the plans for the first. This one is the first victory the Rebels had over the Empire mentioned in the opening scroll of A New Hope.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

Trap sprung.

I'm a Star Wars nerd, sue me :D

Big Daddy Keynes posted:

so were two of the orig trilogy. empire was legit af tho

Jedi, maybe. A New Hope however was literally like nothing ever seen before on screen. Sure it was a basic Heros' Journey but the rest of it really had no peer until Empire came out - just look at how so much of A New Hope still holds up 40 years later... then have a look at what was released around it's time and how awful they are.

So I'd call ANH great given it was 1977 and they invented technology to make it happen as well as the immense influence it had on cinema

Empire of course is legit one of the greatest films of all time.

The critique for Force Awakens that it's a rehash of ANH and Empire is true but lets face it, Disney needed to win an audience back after the prequel poo poo fighs. It's a play it safe movie and it did it really well - it's cool to be a Star Wars fan again :D

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The fact he has a ROADRUNNER just gathering dust is a crime against humanity

For fucks sake, get that fucker running again for sell it to someone who will

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Powershift posted:

Not even gathering dust. Actively rotting.

What the gently caress is wrong with him?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Powershift posted:

There's guys like these everywhere. Hoarding cars, letting them rot. Some of them would be worth $20,000 after you put $25,000 into them, and the old fucks would rather let them rot than take less than $10k.

I'm just at a complete loss at that mentality. Especially when you see something truly remarkable and worth a god awful amount of money if you just even stored it in a garage.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Sausage Party is one of the most dusgusting, foul, outragous and straight up hosed up movies you will see. The food orgy has to be seen to be believed.

I loved every second of it, goddamn it is GLORIOUS - 9/10 without a doubt

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I'm having one of those days where I would give a gently caress load to actually do the "Lets go to someone's garage and sink alcohol while pretending to work on a car" - tearing apart the Forester GT's motor with a few guys being idiots is a great way to spend Saturday. And even just spannering quietly while playing music in the background is just best stress relief.

Yeesh.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I love living in a country where the police dont shoot someone every day and if they do... they get a proper investigation. Not even sure anyone has been shot by a cop in the last month

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

This is one of my cats. I have more like him.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Big? Absolutely. Buff? Hardly.

Yeahhhh Im not so sure about that one for some odd reason......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I'm no soldering expert by any means but I was always told to crimp not solder for car audio because the vibrations will crack the solder over time. Not sure how true that is though or if it applies to other car wiring.

It's 100% true - we dont solder anything especially the race / rally cars.

• Locked thread