Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
Colin Barnett again denies there's a chance of a leadership challenge against him. Why do these rumours always crop up when the government loses ground in the polls and then immediately go away? Is there ever any credibility to them, or are news outlets just giving a voice to politicians grumbling about each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
If only there was some sort of national media watchdog that could ban stories based on "our sources"

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ten Becquerels posted:

Colin Barnett again denies there's a chance of a leadership challenge against him. Why do these rumours always crop up when the government loses ground in the polls and then immediately go away? Is there ever any credibility to them, or are news outlets just giving a voice to politicians grumbling about each other?

Colin specifically didnt want the job, but had to be coaxed back because the cupboard of LNP talent is especially bare in WA. The biggest land developer piped up a few months ago and started spreading rumors that Nalder was going to challenge, and then there was a vote where noone put forward their name and it all fizzled out fairly quickly.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

Anidav posted:

If only there was some sort of national media watchdog that could ban stories based on "our sources"

Personally i think most bad things should be banned or at least heavily regulated.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

Personally i think most bad things should be banned or at least heavily regulated.

This, but unironically war criminal

(much like your posting)

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2016/aug/02/hillary-clinton-mural-covered-with-niqab-after-public-decency-complaints

I wish more graffiti was like this rather than those awful little squiggles and slashed that ruin the aesthetics and ambience of our public spaces.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2016/aug/02/hillary-clinton-mural-covered-with-niqab-after-public-decency-complaints

I wish more graffiti was like this rather than those awful little squiggles and slashed that ruin the aesthetics and ambience of our public spaces.

That's a mural, not graffiti, they're two different things you dummy

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
'I only like graffiti when it's done by a paid artist with the consent of the council' - my impression of somebody who has no loving idea what words mean

drowned in pussy juice fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 2, 2016

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

MC Eating Disorder posted:

That's a mural, not graffiti, they're two different things you dummy

And tagging is some facebook thing right? Sorry, i dont huff enough aerosol with the Fetal Alcohol Toy Krew or whatevdr

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

And tagging is some facebook thing right? Sorry, i dont huff enough aerosol with the Fetal Alcohol Toy Krew or whatevdr

That's a dumb name for a tagging crew if you call it 'fetal alcohol toy squad' it spells 'FATS' which is a sicker and more stylish monkier to put up all over a primary school IMO

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties
The people voted and they elected saviour and patriot Pauline Hanson into the senate. This surprise comes as no shock as the silent majority is sick and tired of political correctness being shoved down their throats by the leftist establishment. We all know it was only a matter of time before the right was going to rise in this country as a result of a backlash against the establishment and they certainly have done a good job of it. It's astonishing we are seeing the right rise right across the western world with the bre exit, Popularity of Donald Trump. Le Penn, Gert Wilders people want change.

But back to Australia and the political left seriously needs to do some reshuffling and remove the regressive radicals out of its respected parties if it wishes to see government again. It certainly says something when ex Greens leader Bob Brown comes out and admits it.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/fed...6de6-1470124739

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Surely if the silent majority for one nation were a silent majority they would have elected...a majority. Also presumably they would be silent which would be a welcome loving change from their constant bleating

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

ScreamingLlama posted:

Hi, ScreamingLlama here, fresh off my latest probation after being relentlessly bullied by a bunch of hippy-dippy hypocrites with the mentality of unmedicated junior highschoolers . Welcome to the August thread for AusPol, a Green Party echo chamber ringing with the howls of perpetually outraged SJWs, the jeers of stoned latte-sipping hipsters and the furious masturbation of self-styled political pundits.

After a long, exhausting knife-edge election, we ended up with more or less the same lovely government with the same lovely policies. Things took a turn for the interesting, though, when it turned out that the Northern Territory was secretly running its juvenile detention facilities in a similar manner to the reform schools of old. Another Royal Commission is in the works.

Our Politicians And Their Parties

Liberal Party of Australia and National Party/Liberal National Party

Lead (for a certain value of 'leadership') by the ultra-capitalist, refugee-torturing, smug bastard Malcolm "Jobs and Growth" Turnbull after having knifed Tony "Keep Calm And Eat Raw Onion" Abbott, the LNP maintains a strong policy of torturing refugees, pissing on the poor and disabled, demanding LGBTs have less rights, slashing funding to public services and handing billions in tax breaks to rich people who don't need them.

Australian Labor Party

Eight years ago, the ALP were the proud ruling party making the Australian economy soar and making us look like rockstars on the global stage. Now, after years of infighting, arrogant posturing and pretending not to hear the electorate, they have been consigned to opposition for another term, with Bill "I Can't Remember That Prick's Name" Shorten holding onto the steering yoke with a confused look on his face as his clueless party colleagues self-destructively egg him on. The ALP maintains a strong platform of torturing refugees, spending exorbitant amounts of money on harebrained schemes, pretending half their party doesn't want people to get gay married right the hell now, slashing funding to business incentives and handing out billions in aid to failed states.

The Greens

Composed of most of the Auspol regulars and a bunch of tree-hugging, unvaccinated, stoner hippy twats, The Greens oppose the production of nuclear medicine, the fluoridation of drinking water, particle research, genetic engineering and reprocessing of nuclear waste even though these things would greatly benefit Australia. All Greens bow before the altar of Richard DiNatale.

One Nation, led by recent Senator-elect Pauline Hanson (despite her recently discovered Middle Eastern ancestry), is an anti-Muslim, anti-halal, anti-immigrant, anti-gay, anti-indigenous white supremacist party bent of making sure that only fair-skinned flaxen-haired Anglo-Saxon Christians are permitted to be Australian. One Nation members and supporters both are uniformly terrible people.

EDIT: Uploaded images to photobucket.

:yikes:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Could someone explain this for the economically stupid? I get that the RBA lowers rates cause the economy is poo poo but the 'perceived' risk thing is confusing me. I thought term deposit rates were more an indication of what the banks think will happen to rates in the future, but I guess in this case the 1y rates going up wouldn't seem to make sense cause it's hard to see the economy bouncing back before then. Is he saying that the banks are struggling to get deposits to cover their borrowings because people think they'll fall over with the rest of the economy when the house of cards collapses?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Periphery posted:

Could someone explain this for the economically stupid? I get that the RBA lowers rates cause the economy is poo poo but the 'perceived' risk thing is confusing me. I thought term deposit rates were more an indication of what the banks think will happen to rates in the future, but I guess in this case the 1y rates going up wouldn't seem to make sense cause it's hard to see the economy bouncing back before then. Is he saying that the banks are struggling to get deposits to cover their borrowings because people think they'll fall over with the rest of the economy when the house of cards collapses?

The interest rate is basically their profit rate from the loan. If they aren't going to be making as much with a loan, the riskier it becomes to give out that money.

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

Solemn Sloth posted:

Surely if the silent majority for one nation were a silent majority they would have elected...a majority. Also presumably they would be silent which would be a welcome loving change from their constant bleating

One nation wasn't running in every lower house electorate. Therefore many people didn't have the chance to vote for ONP in the lower house.

The senate results however speak another tale as everyone in a particular state can vote for the same people. Therefore the final results clearly resonate the feelings of how most Australians feel about our political leadership. ;)

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
So... Is there any other way to get a paper census form apart from the permanently unavailable hotline?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

PatriotPete posted:

One nation wasn't running in every lower house electorate. Therefore many people didn't have the chance to vote for ONP in the lower house.

The senate results however speak another tale as everyone in a particular state can vote for the same people. Therefore the final results clearly resonate the feelings of how most Australians feel about our political leadership. ;)

I'm not convinced you actually know what the term majority means, given you seem to think it's represented by a peak result of 9%

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Frogfingers posted:

The interest rate is basically their profit rate from the loan. If they aren't going to be making as much with a loan, the riskier it becomes to give out that money.

That's why they don't cute the lending rate in line with the RBA's cuts, right? So they keep the difference. But how does increasing the term deposit rate fit into this? Surely if the bank is looking to minimise risk they don't increase the rates they pay on deposits so they don't have to pay out as much?

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Combatant posted:

So... Is there any other way to get a paper census form apart from the permanently unavailable hotline?
I've just checked, the hotline is still open.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
So did lion hat get in or not?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Romeo Charlie posted:

I've just checked, the hotline is still open.

Every time I've called it states that due to high call volume the automated system is unavailable... via an automated message.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Wheezle posted:

I think he's doing well enough, probably. If Gabe gets in, that makes two LDP Senators.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Nice salty and bitter OP in this thread.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

CrazyTolradi posted:

Nice salty and bitter OP in this thread.

It represents a well salted and bitter electorate.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I can't masturbate to this! <:mad:>

ScreamingLlama posted:

The Greens

Composed of *gentle sigh* most of the Auspol regulars *adjusts my cleavage* and a bunch of tree-hugging, unvaccinated, stoner hippy *rubs microphone gently* twats, The Greens oppose *runs my nails down the desk* the production of nuclear medicine, the fluoridation of *moist mouth sounds* drinking water, particle research, genetic engineering and *breathy whisper* reprocessing of nuclear waste even though these things would greatly benefit *pops a bubblewrap bubble* Australia. All Greens bow before the altar of *soothing girlfriend noises* Richard DiNatale.

:gizz:

Much better!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Much better!

it's not a sex thing :colbert:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Wheezle posted:

Unknown, but it is on the cards.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Combatant posted:

Every time I've called it states that due to high call volume the automated system is unavailable... via an automated message.
Spam the line! That's how I did it last Friday.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PatriotPete posted:

We all know it was only a matter of time before the right was going to rise in this country as a result of a backlash against the establishment and they certainly have done a good job of it. It's astonishing we are seeing

I know you're just some dude's troll account but lol at barely-veiled racism being "against the establishment" in Australia.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Much better!

:five::five::five:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Solemn Sloth posted:

it's not a sex thing :colbert:

*soothing girlfriend sounds* ok

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

*In a creepy ASMR voice*nice meltdown SL

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
shouldn't the thread title be The Greens' Echo Chamber?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lmao owned

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

kirbysuperstar posted:

I know you're just some dude's troll account but lol at barely-veiled racism being "against the establishment" in Australia.

Racism?

what "race" is an establishment sir?

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'm not convinced you actually know what the term majority means, given you seem to think it's represented by a peak result of 9%

where did I say "majority?"

I did use the term "most" and it is factual that most people did vote for a conservative party at this past election. The LNP retains government and One Nation was elected into the senate! ;)

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ScreamingLlama posted:

You should all experience rape by a steel dildo coated in ghost pepper juice, then drink a bottle of drain cleaner, cut your wrists and die slowly knowing that your faggotry has been preserved for posterity.

Kill yourselves, you oxygen thieves.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:whatup:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Much better!

mods please rename me Soothing Girlfriend Noises Richard DiNatale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

GoldStandardConure posted:

mods please rename me Soothing Girlfriend Noises Richard DiNatale

Rubbing DiNatale's Turtle Neck

• Locked thread