Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
I wish the Braves would have traded Teheran to a team that was panicking. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
I'll be honest. I used to hate A-Rod and I don't even remember why. I think because the Braves had the second highest offer for him after the Rangers, but I'm even fuzzy on that.

Having said that, I LOVE him now, for the sheer fact that he's a weirdo who trolled MLB and probably made Bud Selig furious on a daily basis. And for that, he is aces in my book.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Was this the last year of his contract?

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
As good as Trout is, I feel like he still doesn't get the attention he deserves because he plays on the west coast.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Why were all the Rockies players on the field while Stanton was taking BP?

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

I can't find the tweet but a sports reporter said the one time he was sent to cover Papelbon he had made them turn off Tom Petty in the clubhouse and put on a song called Vote for Trump

I now unironically like Papelbon.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
I seriously can't believe the Braves could get anything for Aybar. I mean, granted, what they got wasn't anything to write home about, but still.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Good job. We haven't had a 5 page derail about the DH in a month or so

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
In case anyone was wondering, Dansby Swanson's dad's name is Cooter.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
So are we still going with "Tommy LaStella was angry because he didn't want to be sent down and he's a big baby" while "Chris Sale didn't want to wear a certain uniform so he took scissors and cut the entire team's uniforms to pieces and he's a cool dude"?

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008

Atomizer posted:

Any details on the illegal trade? I'm not an expert on that kind of thing but I'm still curious.

It was probably something harmless like "I'll trade you X player for your first and second round draft picks in next year's draft."

Also, all this talk about Heyward's swing, I remember when he was with the Braves and everyone was trying to "fix" him by telling him to move up on the plate. He seemed to be a victim of the lower outside corner, almost as if he wasn't able to get any wood on it. Is that still happening?

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008

Obviously Kershaw has never heard of Gold Star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
Gooden looked terrible in the 30 for 30.

Also, I liked Heyward when he was with the Braves, but I'm so glad they offered Freeman the long-term extension instead of Heyward because he is just way too inconsistent and infuriating.

• Locked thread