Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you do to mess with your pet?
head butt
poke nose
bite them
pet them very strongly
call them silly names for a long time or loudly
wake them up
take excessive photos
trick them (e.g., say "treats" or "car")
have a stare-down
hide their toys
find them in their hidey-spot
other [please specify]
View Results

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Just remembered one: stick my face in their fur and inhale (I am weird)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Couch time comes at a price.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I mess with Tuna by touching his toe beans. He responds by putting his other front paw's toe beans around my finger. :3:

Then he pulls my finger into his mouth and bites it.

Still worth it. (I have tried softly biting him back but he has taught me the defensive value of a thick coat of fur that is ready to shed into my mouth at a moment's notice).

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 11, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Talk to them in Russian :ussr: they have the biggest :stare: ever cause they have no idea what's going on.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
My kitty doesn't like being held, therefore I try to hold him up like Rafiki holds up Simba at the beginning of The Lion King.

I have to do it quick as he gets all squirmy and I don't want to drop him from 6 feet up.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
How the gently caress did I forget to add "laser pointer" to the poll?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Touching paw pads is a great way to mess with dogs. Also nose boops.

Another easy thing is to take an empty pringles can and when they come over give it a hard squeeze. Between the loud pop and the lid flying off it'll give them a good jump.

The classic fake out with throwing a tennis ball works well too, but if they figure that out just throw it really high instead. The few second delay gets them pretty good, doubly so if the ball manages to land on or right next to them.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Kiss tha cats on the mouth. I already have toxoplasma gondii so I dont care.

Also, the ever elusive feet-under-blankets. Bottom of my foot is scratched and hurts but it's okay :3:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 16, 2016

DerVerrater
Feb 19, 2013
WHATEVER HAPPENED ON DISCORD, I WAS NOT INVOLVED
Throw a pillow at him, act like nothing happened. Then demand he bring me the pillow before doing the l same again

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

I pick up Hobbes and Bones (cats) and they tolerate it, but don't like it very much. Bones has learned that a simple, whiny "tchah!" (like the sound your gf makes when she's pissed or offended) is enough for us to cease grappling with his meaty frame and set him free to bitch at us from the floor. Hobbes is a Maine Coon mix, and has the dumbest fur I've ever seen. He has perpetual teenage bedhead, and he matts up almost every day. So I've taken to simply tugging the smaller matts out the moment I notice them, which he also tolerates unless I get one that 'isn't ready' and he verbally complains (very rare). He prefers being held like a baby when picked up, weirdly.

I also like to slowly slap them in the face with their fish-on-a-string-with-a-stick toy until they engage. Goddamnit I'm getting all of my $3 worth out of this loving thing! You trash beasts! Stop eating used q-tips instead!!

Garbage. Just garbage.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

porkswordonboard posted:

I also like to slowly slap them in the face with their fish-on-a-string-with-a-stick toy until they engage. Goddamnit I'm getting all of my $3 worth out of this loving thing! You trash beasts! Stop eating used q-tips instead!!

Ginny would fish q-tips out of the bathroom garbage and leave them chewed up in random places. I stopped putting them in the bathroom trashcan and go all the way to the kitchen can because its a heavy tall metal type with a lid. I've been doing this for 3 months now and she still diligently checks the bathroom trash every day to see if I forgot or got lazy.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
i just headbutted one cat for 2 minutes and yesterday i taught another to headbutt!!!!!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

porkswordonboard posted:

I pick up Hobbes and Bones (cats) and they tolerate it, but don't like it very much. Bones has learned that a simple, whiny "tchah!" (like the sound your gf makes when she's pissed or offended) is enough for us to cease grappling with his meaty frame and set him free to bitch at us from the floor. Hobbes is a Maine Coon mix, and has the dumbest fur I've ever seen. He has perpetual teenage bedhead, and he matts up almost every day. So I've taken to simply tugging the smaller matts out the moment I notice them, which he also tolerates unless I get one that 'isn't ready' and he verbally complains (very rare). He prefers being held like a baby when picked up, weirdly.

Garbage. Just garbage.

Same, I pull out the mini mats. But Its not actually to mess with him, its to help him, and hes happy when i pull em out (despite mrowing) but he is so happy afterwards. He actually has now learned and started doing it himself now (he was a feral and when the shelter got him he was pure mat so hes never done it before). I taught a cat :3:

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Thin Privilege posted:

Same, I pull out the mini mats. But Its not actually to mess with him, its to help him, and hes happy when i pull em out (despite mrowing) but he is so happy afterwards. He actually has now learned and started doing it himself now (he was a feral and when the shelter got him he was pure mat so hes never done it before). I taught a cat :3:

I wish Hobbes would learn, he just wet felts his goddamn hair into tangles that are so truly impressive I would give him a medal for it if it wasn't so annoying. He was a feral/mystery outside cat too, so I can't tell if he just doesn't understand or he's always been this dumb.

At some point my gf and I decided that the reason he doesn't really like us tugging the mats out is that he loves each and every one, and names them all "jeremy" (?? no idea why) because he's like Ralph Wiggums, personalitywise. Hoarding his Jeremys, his beloved mats. What a weirdo (I mean me)

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

porkswordonboard posted:

I wish Hobbes would learn, he just wet felts his goddamn hair into tangles that are so truly impressive I would give him a medal for it if it wasn't so annoying. He was a feral/mystery outside cat too, so I can't tell if he just doesn't understand or he's always been this dumb.

At some point my gf and I decided that the reason he doesn't really like us tugging the mats out is that he loves each and every one, and names them all "jeremy" (?? no idea why) because he's like Ralph Wiggums, personalitywise. Hoarding his Jeremys, his beloved mats. What a weirdo (I mean me)

With the names this sounds adorable and cat-like :3:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Last night Tuna was being very insistently pointy/bitey at me as I was trying to sleep. Head bops, noises of discouragement, and dropping him off of the bed didn't work, and the bedroom gets uncomfortably warm when you close the door, so in a fit of frustration I 'bit' him, pretty much getting my mouth around the entirety of his face. He got the message (sort of).

What I am trying to say is that I will do astoundingly stupid things when I am tired, frustrated with cat, and trying to sleep.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I like to roll Sheila over and just raspberry her belly fluff. She gets all indignant and :catstare:, and I wind up with a mouthful of cat hair. I do this until she rabbit-kicks me in the face.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
imo the things in the poll are all mean and I would never do them (except the pictures).

What I do do is say unkind things in a sweet tone. My parents have a super lovebug cat who'll be all over me licking my arms, while I tell him sweetly what a weirdo he is and how sad it is his brain is the size of a walnut. With dogs a good thing to do is rub their ears hard the way they love while telling them you're pulling their ears off, yes they'll come right off in your hand and then you'll be a dog with no ears and then what will you do, all the other dogs will make fun of you.

I eat cat ears, too. You have to make a good eating noise first to warn them the monster will strike, then you gently place your mouth around an ear. Over 30 years my parents have had 7 cats, and they've all gotten used to it. They probably tell each other "yeah I know, she's nuts, just go with it."

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Today I discovered the ultimate "gently caress around with catte" device and it is the cheap toy quadcopter

she doesn't have a loving clue and is by turned terrified, enraged and aroused, it's brilliant

(yes, I cut off the rotors if it's anywhere near her and I keep it out of her range, doubt those things could hurt anything anyway)

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Poke him in the arm. Poke him on the forehead. Poke him on the side. Poke him in the neck. Poke him in the belly. Poke him on the rear leg.

Get bit.

Then about 5 minutes of playing.

All while saying something sensible like, "You're not allowed! You're not allowed to be a kitty!"

Sometimes when he's being annoying I'll tip him over and scratch his chest real quick.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I put socks across my cat's backs without them noticing. They look really annoyed and sometimes rip the fabric when they finally notice.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

With my dogs - they were my gf's parents' dogs, then her dogs, now that they prefer me I have claimed them by osmosis (p.sure that's how it works) - I swap the first letters in their names around so instead of Winnie and Brindle it's Brinnie and Windle and they do not have the faintest clue which of them I mean to call

Also Winnie is the go-to dog for trust abuse with not throwing toys, I've tried it with Brindle and he is seriously the dumbest loving canine, it's a miracle he can walk on any number of legs and it's purely down to his looks he's made it this far in his career as dog

Never deliberately farted on any pets though, that's a first for me

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 30, 2016

Vampess
Nov 24, 2010
I don't really mess with tiger, which more my BF's department, since I try to teach her to not play with hands, and my BF likes to play rough with her, so he pokes her to get a reaction. But what she does to mess with me, is play jack-in-a-box. She'll hide behind a door, under a table, bed, you name it, and jump out at me. Nine out of ten times nothing happens, but the 10th time she scares the living daylights out of me, which apparently makes it all worth while. So one time, she was busy sniffing shoes, and I snuck up on her, and scared her so much, she did the cute cat jump, straight up, 4 paws off the floor. She totally loved that, as she tried to startle me twice in short succession right after. Sadly, it's hard to sneak up on a cat :P

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Our cat Spice likes to sit behind my head on the back of the couch, so of course I lean my head back and rub it back and forth on her while she tries to sleep. She's so stubborn that she'll just sit there forever, enduring the torment and giving me a bitchy face. :3:

(sometimes she purrs)

moms friend from work
Mar 28, 2010
I'M THE WURST
Anti gravity cat. Minuit loves being held like you would a child so sometimes I'll lift him up and put his paws on the ceiling. He'll walk a few steps and the crane his neck down to give me his best :what: look.

farfegnougat
Oct 31, 2004

Some champion pet annoyers in this thread. Well done.

My parents have a fat cat I see often. If I walk by when he's in the middle of licking his leg or his butt, he'll usually stop in mid-lick and stare at me with his back leg sticking straight up in the air. So I grab him by the upraised leg and tilt him over backwards.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Lock the bathroom door so my cat becomes agitated and starts screeching when she can't bust in and annoy me mid poop as she does constantly.

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

My Himalayan is very stupid so sometimes when she's walking along I pick her up and point her in the opposite direction. She just stands there confused and swishing her tail back and forth because she's forgotten what she was doing. :saddowns:

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Playing wheelbarrow with my cat: picking up her hind quarters and forcing her to walk around on her forelegs. I nudge her forwards and she steers. Somehow we always end up in front of the food bowl.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Make a high pitched whining sound like I'm hurt and no matter what she's doing or where she is in the house my cat will immediately come running and start screeching at me and pawing at my arm to make sure I'm ok.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
When my cat yawns, I try to stick a finger in her mouth before she closes it. :11tea:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Anne Whateley posted:

imo the things in the poll are all mean and I would never do them (except the pictures).

head butt if you've never headbutted a cat you've never lived
poke nose you don't like to boop their nose?
bite them playful bites are cute. cats bite eachother anyways
pet them very strongly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GVVjd_exO8

call them silly names for a long time or loudly no way this is mean
wake them up sleepy faces are funny, plus they're always happy to see you
take excessive photos this is a good thing (post photos)
trick them (e.g., say "treats" or "car") sounds mean, but depends on whether youre doing it maliciously (to hurt them) or not (just wanna silly excited face, and usually give in anyways and take them in tha car)
have a stare-down see: headbutt
hide their toys it's cute to hide them because they search for them, they dig and then are happy and bring the toy to you. they get a good workout :3:
find them in their hidey-spot see: wake them up

Drum posted:

I like to roll Sheila over and just raspberry her belly fluff. She gets all indignant and :catstare:, and I wind up with a mouthful of cat hair. I do this until she rabbit-kicks me in the face.

One of my cats today was rolling on her back and i remembered your post and put my head into her stomach and it was the most glorious, softest pillow I've ever laid on. I didn't raspberry, I was just enjoying the angelic softness :sparkles::catstare:

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Bugging your pet for no reason seems boring. I wait till mine is begging for food THEN I try to see exactly how much she will put up with

Gwamp
Apr 18, 2003

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo,
Use them as props.

Show Me A Chicken
May 6, 2007
I'll show you a geek.
I put my index finger on my cat Jules's forehead and see how long it takes before he gets annoyed enough to hit me. My girlfriend likes to pick him up and cradle him like a baby. He has a weird macho complex, where he'll let her do it for minutes on end and enjoy it, but when he sees me or our other cat, he immediately scrambles out of her arms and pretends he was captured. I also hold down his tail (gently) while he is sitting and swishing it. It annoys him enough to investigate but not enough to want to fight.

My fat bowling ball cat, Beatrice, is much harder to annoy because she is dumb. She dislikes being picked up, so if she's being very bothersome my girlfriend will give her a big hug against her chest until she goes away. She likes to annoy Jules by washing his ears. He has been tolerating it occasionally, but he usually hits her in the face.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGMt5FnFyuM

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Thin Privilege posted:

Just remembered one: stick my face in their fur and inhale (I am weird)

With cat: :kimchi:

With dog: :barf:

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Gwamp posted:

Use them as props.

This is amazing.

I do this to my dog all the time because I am an awful person: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_nAmnCjW8

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Things I do to my dogs:

tickle their feet until they either lash out with them or start licking them to dull the effect

ask them if they want some of "these ones" and hold a clenched fist near their face. they usually narrow their eyes, turn away, then turn back and bite it

staredown until they break or try to fight me playfully (i know this is a dominance thing so I don't take it tooo seriously)

call them names

tease them with words they know the meaning of (i usually follow through tho i feel bad if i say walkies and they get all amped up for no reason, i liken it to what it was like when I was a kid)

Snap my jaw at them and mimic their bark when they are being boisterous, leading to increasing levels of noise

probably a few others i can't think of, they pretty much do what they want though (they listen to me but i dont have a lot of restrictions, if they want to sleep on the bed/couch, good for them, i'll come say hello later) so i think it's a fair trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
the best way is to just stick your finger in their mouth when they yawn

it's the most confused you will ever see any living thing ever

• Locked thread