Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you do to mess with your pet?
head butt
poke nose
bite them
pet them very strongly
call them silly names for a long time or loudly
wake them up
take excessive photos
trick them (e.g., say "treats" or "car")
have a stare-down
hide their toys
find them in their hidey-spot
other [please specify]
View Results

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
What do you do to mess with your pet.

Post pics or videos as much as possible.

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
How so? Explain.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Ema Nymton posted:

One of my cats gets sleepers in his eyes frequently. Like this:

I pick them off. He doesn't like that.

Same. But I pet them first so they don't see it coming so they kinda-ish think its part of the pet (still slightly unhappy tho).

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Carry them around on my shoulder like a baby.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

KomodoWagon posted:

You know how cats always want to stick their assholes right up to your face right? Well one time I went out to the bathroom where my girlfriend's total fuckfaced dipshit of a cat was sleeping, and as I sat their dropping my deuce, I decided it was time for revenge.

Just before wiping, I got up and held my cheeks apart, dropping in as close as I could before ripping a fart right in her stupid face. "How's it looking back there?!" I asked her. "How's it looking?!"

Got up, turned around and sat back on the commode before continuing to wipe. First time I've ever seen a cat overcome with true horror, just staring at me wide-eyed until I left. It was glorious.

Did your cat get the "open mouth cause I'm grossed out" look? Mine get that when they sniff a butt (of cat, I don't make them sniff my butt)

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 7, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Double post sorry

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 7, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

President Ark posted:

i wait for them to sit near me while i'm wearing an unzipped coat, then i put them on my chest and zip up my coat

This sounds great and I will try this. Cat squishes :3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Ciaphas posted:

I try to trim my cat's claws
She hates it :(

Ive given up because I have so many cat scratchers that even if I trim them they just get sharp within 20 minutes. I just deal with the cuts, I think my arms and hands and feet are pure calluses.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Poor cat :kimchi: I also like the fake-grass rugs.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Iron Crowned posted:

Considering my cat has all her claws, I'd test this, but mine will immediately climb up on my shoulders any time I pick her up.

Yours does this too? My cat jumps on my back and just sits or even plops down :catstare: so I walk around the apartment hunched over with him on my back like he's riding a horse. ...On the other hand that may be him messing with me. :catstare: :catstare:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I cuddle with them. Most can't tolerate it more than a few minutes but one is pretty good at chillin w me. But one time I cuddled him too hard and he squirmed away and left a huge cut near my jugular and ear. Bleeding all over the place. I still have a giant scar on my ear....

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Iron Crowned posted:

Same on all counts, although she'll get right by my ear and purr with the "tickle whiskers" :negative:

Mine, when he plops down, always does it backwards so his smelly butt is covering my ponytail. Luckily I can't smell the back of my head.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm not sure which is worse, I have a big floof cat, so tail floof in my face would just get stuck in my beard stubble

Bonding :3: (literally)

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Just remembered one: stick my face in their fur and inhale (I am weird)

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Talk to them in Russian :ussr: they have the biggest :stare: ever cause they have no idea what's going on.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
How the gently caress did I forget to add "laser pointer" to the poll?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Kiss tha cats on the mouth. I already have toxoplasma gondii so I dont care.

Also, the ever elusive feet-under-blankets. Bottom of my foot is scratched and hurts but it's okay :3:

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 16, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
i just headbutted one cat for 2 minutes and yesterday i taught another to headbutt!!!!!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

porkswordonboard posted:

I pick up Hobbes and Bones (cats) and they tolerate it, but don't like it very much. Bones has learned that a simple, whiny "tchah!" (like the sound your gf makes when she's pissed or offended) is enough for us to cease grappling with his meaty frame and set him free to bitch at us from the floor. Hobbes is a Maine Coon mix, and has the dumbest fur I've ever seen. He has perpetual teenage bedhead, and he matts up almost every day. So I've taken to simply tugging the smaller matts out the moment I notice them, which he also tolerates unless I get one that 'isn't ready' and he verbally complains (very rare). He prefers being held like a baby when picked up, weirdly.

I also like to slowly slap them in the face with their fish-on-a-string-with-a-stick toy until they engage. Goddamnit I'm getting all of my $3 worth out of this loving thing! You trash beasts! Stop eating used q-tips instead!!

Garbage. Just garbage.

Same, I pull out the mini mats. But Its not actually to mess with him, its to help him, and hes happy when i pull em out (despite mrowing) but he is so happy afterwards. He actually has now learned and started doing it himself now (he was a feral and when the shelter got him he was pure mat so hes never done it before). I taught a cat :3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

porkswordonboard posted:

I wish Hobbes would learn, he just wet felts his goddamn hair into tangles that are so truly impressive I would give him a medal for it if it wasn't so annoying. He was a feral/mystery outside cat too, so I can't tell if he just doesn't understand or he's always been this dumb.

At some point my gf and I decided that the reason he doesn't really like us tugging the mats out is that he loves each and every one, and names them all "jeremy" (?? no idea why) because he's like Ralph Wiggums, personalitywise. Hoarding his Jeremys, his beloved mats. What a weirdo (I mean me)

With the names this sounds adorable and cat-like :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Anne Whateley posted:

imo the things in the poll are all mean and I would never do them (except the pictures).

head butt if you've never headbutted a cat you've never lived
poke nose you don't like to boop their nose?
bite them playful bites are cute. cats bite eachother anyways
pet them very strongly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GVVjd_exO8

call them silly names for a long time or loudly no way this is mean
wake them up sleepy faces are funny, plus they're always happy to see you
take excessive photos this is a good thing (post photos)
trick them (e.g., say "treats" or "car") sounds mean, but depends on whether youre doing it maliciously (to hurt them) or not (just wanna silly excited face, and usually give in anyways and take them in tha car)
have a stare-down see: headbutt
hide their toys it's cute to hide them because they search for them, they dig and then are happy and bring the toy to you. they get a good workout :3:
find them in their hidey-spot see: wake them up

Drum posted:

I like to roll Sheila over and just raspberry her belly fluff. She gets all indignant and :catstare:, and I wind up with a mouthful of cat hair. I do this until she rabbit-kicks me in the face.

One of my cats today was rolling on her back and i remembered your post and put my head into her stomach and it was the most glorious, softest pillow I've ever laid on. I didn't raspberry, I was just enjoying the angelic softness :sparkles::catstare:

• Locked thread