Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

In my last apartment I had the joy of watching my doorknob getting tried from time to time. I habitually lock my doors when I'm home, and am a reasonable-sized adult male capable of defending himself, so it could have been worse, and the first time it happened I thought it might have just been a mistake. Then it happened again, and upon investigating found it was the seventy-something female neighbor from another apartment in the building. She was lacking a few marbles, and could not seem to remember that the previous tenant no longer occupied my apartment (I'm pretty sure they died in there), and also seemed inordinately fond of me. From then on seeing my door get tried was creepy but at least much less threatening, although trying to avoid the old bat was a bit of a pain. She was regularly visited by a social worker of some sort, so at least someone had some eyes on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Where was the crappy neighbor in that story?

It was Nooner.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

dog buttz posted:

My other neighbor didn't really do anything to me but holy poo poo he went crazy one day. I had been friends with this girl we'll call Meghan since high school. She had a pretty close knit family so I met a lot of her relatives when I would go over to her house. We drifted apart after high school and stopped talking as much but one day I saw her post a picture of her and my neighbor. I was like holy poo poo, are you dating my neighbor? Turns out she was. Anyway, one day I'm outside and my neighbor comes home covered in blood. I'm like, okay....what the gently caress. The cops show up and arrest him. Turns out he caught Meghan and her teenage cousin at her house and beat the gently caress out of him with a shovel. He thought she was cheating on him.

You were neighbors with Windows 98??

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

Was there a poster named Windows 98 I don't know about, or am I about to learn all about the dark side of operating systems?

We have such wonders to show you!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2562

• Locked thread