Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My next door neighbor thinks it's perfectly OK to use her pushcart leafblower to blow all her yard waste onto my driveway, covering both my and my wife's cars in dust and debris. Not just "oh I was blowing stuff onto the street and some got on your property" but full-on "I am riding up and down the side of your driveway clearing off the edge of my property directly onto yours."

Problem is, I don't think she actually lives next door, I think she's just the landlord, so I almost never see her except for when she's clearing the lawn. Next time I catch her doing it I'm going to ask her to stop, but the outlook is grim IMO - she very obviously knows what she's doing and I doubt me asking her to stop is going to change anything. I feel like I at least have to make the effort to ask her before I start taking photos and going to the police about it.

Honestly my biggest issue is I don't feel being known around the neighborhood as the guy that got into a shouting match with a 65+ old lady, but I also don't feel like being the pissbitch who gets his cars washed every time the neighbor decides to clear off her yard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Volcott posted:

Put up a fence.

I rent unfortunately, but I also don't think I should have to spend money on a solution when the real solution is "deal with your own loving yard waste"

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

How! posted:

I lived in a house in New Orleans that was in a rapidly gentrifying neighborhood. We were the last poo poo holes left on the whole block. The wall was peeling of the back of the house- you could see sunlight through the roof, we had a roost of pigeons living in the wall of the kitchen. The kitchen floor itself was wavier than a skatepark, infested with roaches, and every appliance was broken or missing.

We had 7 chickens who would just wander around making GBS threads everywhere, a roommate bought a gigantic diesel schoolbus and parked it on the street, obstructing like 5 people's regular parking spots. We had about 5 broke rear end mopeds chained to our fence. The patio was missing a structurally integral pillar, and was constantly swarmed with mosquitos because the hose leaked so there was a perpetual body of standing water.

A tree fell in our yard and stayed there for months. The landlord only took cash.

On top of that we tried to air bnb the place. Lmao.

All your neighbors are fuckin saints.

Are you my friend John the punk rock anarchist guy I went to high school with?

• Locked thread