Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i used to live above a cafe that made really good homemade patties. you could get beef, chicken, or fish. there wasn't as much meat in it as an ordinary patty but the crust was so flaky that i didn't care

now i live a bus ride away from the biggest caribbean neighborhood in NYC so i should really venture out and look for places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i once went into a caribbean bakery and was thinking of getting a coco bun, but there were a bunch of raisins in them so i decided against it. raisins are the turds of food

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i've been in a few bodegas that have beef patties (the packaged kind that you can buy at the grocery store, granted), but i've lived in or near caribbean neighborhoods for the past two years

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i was at a hospital and they were selling both jamaican patties and haitian patties in the area where you can buy food. what's the difference

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

a haitian patty's more like a meat turnover
cool, thanks

speaking of which there's a trinidadian place near where i used to live that has excellent roti. next time i go up there i'm gonna get one

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

SmokaDustbowl posted:

africa samosa
how is this different from an indian samosa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

poo poo it's almost labor day. that means the west indian day parade is coming soon

• Locked thread