Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Did they ever do an episode where she met Archie or Betty or Veronica or Cheryl Blossom? Or even acknowledge her presence in the Archie comics universe?

Seems like that would make for a pretty funny episode.

I'm talking about the live action version with Clarissa Explains It and the cat puppet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Sabrina the Teenage Witch reminds me of a very dark and painful part of my life.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Did the cat watch them masturbate?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Did they ever do an episode where she met Archie or Betty or Veronica or Cheryl Blossom? Or even acknowledge her presence in the Archie comics universe?

Seems like that would make for a pretty funny episode.

I'm talking about the live action version with Clarissa Explains It and the cat puppet.

I don't think so, but there were a lot of episodes so maybe

My dad really liked that show, even though he was like forty years too old for it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Sabrina the Teenage Witch reminds me of a very dark and painful part of my life.

You were cursed to be a cat for good reason, Salem.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

isn't a witch naming her cat salem like a jew naming his cat auschwitz?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Meowschwitz

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Gin posted:

yea but i think the cat was a human wizard/witch at some point and that was his name. Like he committed witch crimes and his sentence was being turned into a cat.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Snatch Duster posted:

yea but i think the cat was a human wizard/witch at some point and that was his name. Like he committed witch crimes and his sentence was being turned into a cat.

Yeah basically. He tried to take over the world and was sentenced to be a cat for one hundred years.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i vaguely remember this show and i didnt hate it. i liked the cat idk

i dont like sitcoms so i dont know if 14 year old me was dumber than i thought or if the the show was actually watchable for a 90s sitcom about a teenage girl

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the cat was easily the best part

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

:witch::cabot::witch::witch:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tuxedo Gin posted:

It was less like a bunch of witches were murdered and more like a bunch of randos were accused of being witches for no plausible reason

so it's like a Jew naming his cat "InfoWars"

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The cat probably watched them piss and poo poo, too.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i dont think it ever relied on embarrass humor. prob why i didn't hate it

i love arressted development its not something inherently wrong with it but you cant really structure a show about a care free happy family/group/cast while also the tension in every single episode coming from one person starkly or blindly loving over someone else and the zany embarrassment that ensues.

moving the source of tension to a cat that is also a sociopath might have helped

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
which one is archie again?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I remember there was a teen angel crossover once

I also remember there was an episode with a midget that looked uncannily like the wrestler xpoc ((xpac?) is he even a wrestler anymore?)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Who loving cares, the only good thing about Sabrina the Teenage Witch was Salem

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

Actually it was the hot blonde who played Sabrina.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

It said "Based on characters from Archie Comics" in the opening credits so there OP, Archie does appear in the show in some capacity.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

Meowschwitz

I call the kennel I have for my dogs "Arfschwitz"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Afterlife with Archie Sabrina is best Sabrina cause she kicks the whole plot off by agreeing to try and resurrect Jughead's dead dog using the loving Necronomicon.

Then later she ends up being sacrificed to Cthulhu.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Pick posted:

what about all of the random 90's celebrity cameos and musical guests

like that show had an insane number of them

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

notZaar posted:

Whatever happened to Melissa Joan Hart anyway, shouldn't she have graduated to the part of her career where she plays hot moms instead of hot teens

e: holy poo poo, she had an ABC Family sitcom from 2010-2015 that ran for four loving seasons :eyepop:
Going by the Wikipedia summary it looks terrible

loquacius fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 5, 2016

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
as a kid, Clarissa Explains it All made me feel funny

Melissa Joan Hart turned out republican, that's weird

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

loquacius posted:

Whatever happened to Melissa Joan Hart anyway, shouldn't she have graduated to the part of her career where she plays hot moms instead of hot teens

e: holy poo poo, she had an ABC Family sitcom from 2010-2015 that ran for four loving seasons :eyepop:
Going by the Wikipedia summary it looks terrible

Jimmy Kimmel wrecked her when she whined on-air:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulm9aee6cTY

Kimmel is almost immediately contrite too, fully aware that he just gave her a cheap shot in the breadbasket in front of thousands.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

The first thing I did when I saw this thread was check to see if she's still cute.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

THIS was Archie and Jughead vs zombies comic that I saw in B&N a few years ago! I picked up and though, "This has got to be the dumbest asinine crap ever," then opened it directly to a page where a zombie or zombie dog was menacing Archie and then Archie's dog (who thinks of him as [archiemaster]) has a flashback of his time as Archie's pet, including Archie spending time with him and caring for him while he was sick, then attacks the zombies to rescue Archie. I'm pretty sure his dog died after killing them, but I was sobbing in the middle of the comic store by the time I finished two pages, so not 100% sure.

edit: only images I could find

PallasAthene fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 5, 2016

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Wait wasnt the Clarissa chick like ultra super Kirk Cameron level Christian? Why did she agree to play a witch on TV

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

EvilJoven posted:

The first thing I did when I saw this thread was check to see if she's still cute.

well the good news is she remains quite qualified to play a witch

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

EvilJoven posted:

She's actually way younger than I thought she would be (she is exactly 40 this year), probably because she was literally 15 years old when Clarissa Explains It All started and 20 when Sabrina started

Most TV teens are actually like 24 so that surprised me

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Zorodius posted:

as a kid, Clarissa Explains it All made me feel funny

Melissa Joan Hart turned out republican, that's weird

A lot of successful attractive people are GOP, makes you think huh.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

PallasAthene posted:

THIS was Archie and Jughead vs zombies comic that I saw in B&N a few years ago! I picked up and though, "This has got to be the dumbest asinine crap ever," then opened it directly to a page where a zombie or zombie dog was menacing Archie and then Archie's dog (who thinks of him as [archiemaster]) has a flashback of his time as Archie's pet, including Archie spending time with him and caring for him while he was sick, then attacks the zombies to rescue Archie. I'm pretty sure his dog died after killing them, but I was sobbing in the middle of the comic store by the time I finished two pages, so not 100% sure.

edit: only images I could find

Yep, the series is also still considered "ongoing" apparently.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

PallasAthene posted:

Yeah for real Afterlife with Archie seems like it would be the dumbest poo poo ever, like "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", but it is unironically some of the best zombie fiction out there.

------------

These were the pages you were talking about :

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

OP who is "Cheryl Blossom"

I remember seeing in Archie ads in the back pages of my Sonic The Hedgehog comic books that they had Poochied in a sexy redhead to add additional tension to the Betty/Veronica situation for some reason, and thinking "this drawing is attractive to my seven-year-old prepubescent mind, but not attractive enough to make me want to read Archie comics"; is that who it is, and does this mean the character lasted longer in Archie canon than like a year because that would surprise the poo poo out of me

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
More importantly, did Archie comics ever do a crossover with Cherry Poptart?

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

There aren't a lot of things that make my cry, but a dog risking it's life for their owner does it every. single. time.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Did Sabrina the Teenage Witch, the live-action TV show starring Melissa Joan Hart, ever have a Sonic The Hedgehog crossover episode, because if not they were leaving money on the table

even just a cameo from a rude crude blue CGI rodent with attitude, voiced by Jaleel White

e: also he is a dude, I forgot to rhyme with "dude"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

The obvious answer to "What show should Sabrina have had a crossover with?' is The X-Files.

Mulder believes that bitchy brunette cheerleader when she tells him Sabrina is using occult powers to kill people in town.

Scully says there has to be a scientific explanation.

The two old aunts capture Mulder, plan to sacrifice him to Hecate, but Scully gets there at the last minute and shoots them both, Sabrina is exonerated.

But then Mulder and Scully talk to her one last time right after the aunts' funeral and then go to leave town. Sabrina stands by the graves as they get into their car, but the engine won't start. Mulder tries it two or three times, looks back at Sabrina, then tries it again, and this time it starts and they drive away as the scene ends on Sabrina standing there smiling.

• Locked thread