Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Well met. Name's Moira, best remember it. Now, go on then," Moira nodded at the smith and folded her arms. "I have little use for silver when the beasties'll burn all the same."

She glanced at Yveth. It seemed that word of the ambush and her false Harper membership had not spread, but from what Brom had told her, you could never be too sure.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Aug 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"What of you, lass?" Moira turned to Dan Fei Son, "Have you some other means of splittin' a werewolf's hide? If not, well... might want to get to the smith before those two decide to silver themselves down to the boots."

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 6, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Upon the loss of the strange tracks, Moira's grip tightened on her staff. Brom set ambushes in similar conditions, and she had picked off more than her fair share of scouts, lone or otherwise.

"I say stick together. Never tracked one meself, but I'll put money on werewolves bein' clever bastards. Wouldn't be surprised if its sitting in a tree somewhere, waiting for us to divide ourselves. This fog'd make it easy pickings."

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 6, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira jumped. She stopped for a moment and blinked hard. When she opened her eyes she saw the forest in front of her.

Easier said than done Dan, Moira thought. She took a long swig from her water skin and wiped her brow.

"Aye, I'm with you. Just keep your blades between me and whatever comes at us."

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 7, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Thank the gods!" Moira fell to her knees. She had never been so happy to see a village her entire life. That feeling soon lost its luster once she had taken in her surroundings. She quickly pulled herself off the wet cobble by her staff and brushed her robe down.

Composure regained, Moira followed the elf, Fee was it? over to the children. She didn't their story for a second.

"Oh aye? A beastie lingering in your home? I might have a few suggestions," she said as flames flared in her upturned palm. "What are you two doing out here anyway? Have you no kin to call upon in your time of need?"

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 9, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"If the beast were trapped, how did you not flee with him?"

Moira saw the fog roll in. She closed her hand into a fist, extinguishing the flames, and shook her head.

"No matter. If your 'parents' have the wits to confine the creature, they are clever enough to finish it off. Now, begone spirits, we have need of food and rest." she turned back to the group, "what say you? To the tavern?"

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 9, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira breathed a sigh of defeat. Wandering the mists with a split party, or worse alone was not an appealing idea, nor was leaving the others to fight a monster divided.

"Fine. But first allow us time for our resting comrade to wake up."

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Alrighty, let's get this over with! More likely to find sanctuary in there than out here." Moira moved to the doors and turned the knob, then kicked them open.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 10, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

After kicking open the door, Moira found her attention taken by the crest at the end of the foyer. Her time raiding carriages had seen many a noble house's coat of arms emblazoned on their sides or flashed at her by the occupants. Now she was faced with one that was wholly unfamliar. That was a problem. (History check of 17.)

"Any of you seen a crest of this make?" she pointed toward the shield with her thumb. "Never seen its like in Faerun before. Believe you me, I've seen a few."

With a shrug, she moved to the next door and placed her hand on the knob.

"Bound to find out soon enough, eh?"

Moira waited until the rest of the group entered before kicking open the next door.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 10, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Seems safe enough," Moira looked around the room while she dusted off her hands. "Why don't we rest here for a while?"

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Shall we save the bairn or slay the beast?" Moira yawned as she stood, finally awake.

"Oh, already explorin' I see. Any sign of the hatch?"

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira's eyes glazed over for the duration of Yveth's explanation. When she began sweeping the rooms, Moira piped up:

"Perhaps our efforts'd be best concentrated upstairs? Nothing here but these ferocious beasties." She pointed at the stuffed wolves.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira followed Red and Dan Fei Son's lead up the stairs.

"I've heard enough tales to know where this is going. 10 silvers say these things move when you get near 'em."

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Aug 13, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Tch." Moira bit her thumb, "Alright lass, here's your bounty."

Moira walked over and handed Fee the appropriate coin.

"Might as well see what lies on this floor."

She waited a moment for the others to ascend before opening the door to the west.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 13, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Aye," Moira rubbed her chin, then moved over to the next set of doors. "Let's see where this one leads."

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Hmph. Plenty of space, yet naught of use. Seems like the wee spirits are toying with us," Moira said as she moved to the stairs, " let's see to the bairn."

She walked upstairs, stopping once she had a view of the room at their end.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 13, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Well, all of this just leaves me trustin' the fixings of this house even less." Moira said. She brushed past her companions and made her way into the master suite. Tempted by the jewelery box, yet fearful of any surprise attacks, she stowed her staff in a strap of her pack and pulled out her crossbow. She took a moment to look down the sight, then fired a bolt at the mirror.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Aug 16, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira clicked her tongue.

"Better to be wrong than right," she said. Moira walked over and pulled the bolt out of the wall.

At least I didn't bet anything this time.

"To the attic, then!" she thrusted her arm forward, pointing in the direction she thought the attic was.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 17, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira's face twisted in rage as she felt her mind being taken from her. A flash of blood red scales. A blast of heat. A thunderous roar echoed in her head.

The world faded back into view.

The spirit, upset with her defiance, gnawed at Moira's heart with waves of deep melancholy.

"Awright ye wee bastard!" she grabbed the remaining skeleton by the eye sockets while tears streamed down her cheeks. "'If it's eternal rest ye seek I'll grant it. This house'll make fine kindlin' fer yer pyre!" She slung the remains over her pack and lashed them on with a length of rope.

A wave of dizziness sent her reeling to the wall. Her heart pounded in her chest as she placed one hand on the brick and steadied herself. Her skin prickled. Moira became acutely aware of the skeleton on her back, and the ghostly chanting coming from below.

With clenched teeth, she followed her companions down into the dark.

Once she arrived, Moira strained her ears to find the source of the wailing, but to no avail.

"That screechin's coming from all ends." She wiped her nose with the back of her hand, "I don't think we'll be huntin' the beastie by ear. Any ideas?"

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Aug 18, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Oh, a gentleman? A rarity in these parts from what I've seen," Moira smirked. She moved with the party to the stranger's table, "so who can I thank for this act of kindness?"

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"And what will ye grant us in exchange? foreign I and my fellows may be, but we have need of coin, shelter and food all the same."

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Aug 26, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
"A fair price for an honest day's work," Moira nodded. She extended her hand across the table for a shake.

"It's a deal."

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira's eyes narrowed at the scenery before her.

"What kind of dangers might we expect on this journey, exactly?"

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Aug 26, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Is there any reason to hesitate on proceedin' with these rites? Undead roaming the grounds, perhaps?" Moira sighed.

In for a copper in for a gold.

In that moment, A spark of inspiration struck her. She turned to Ismark, speaking in a low whisper.

"Does the ritual hold power or will a flame do the job?"

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira roared as her bolt of conjured fire struck the final wolf and engulfed it in flame. The creature staggered a few feet and fell to the grass, its silvery hide now smouldering red embers that flickered in the dark.

"Let's ne'er sleep outside again," she gasped, bent over with her hands on her knees.

Taking a moment to rest, she stood up straight, or at least as much as she could.

"Time to move! And you!" she pointed to Ireena, "start swinging that blade 'fore I drag you off myself!"

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
With one deft motion, Moira snatched up the cup and brought it to her mouth. She gulped down the wine, spilling some onto her robe in her haste. Once finished, she slammed the cup onto the table and sighed.

"Any bounties for a pack of seventeen wolves?" Moira asked, wiping her face. "Surely the huntsmen of the area would be looking to end such a menace."

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Tch. Well, if Szolda and Krushkin send a wagon to follow the blood trail from the east gate they'll find themselves a prize. Unless any other beasties came for them, that is."

Moira flicked a coin to the man.

"A bed for the night. I don't care where. Just not outside."

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira
Moira drummed her fingers across the table top and then stood up.

"Right. Arasek's stockyard was it? Let's see if we can't turn some of our spoils into coin."

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira
Moira raised her hand.

"Aye, a bowl for me. What kind business do ye have in mind?"

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira
"What shall we see in return for this service?" Moira folded her arms, "the perils of this land are likely to make this no easy task and for that we require proper compensation."

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Shall we see to it then?" Moira punched into her open hand. "Strike while the iron is hot eh?"

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Locked eh? Looks like you're up again, Fee."

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"You in there, tell me the whereabouts of the bones before I see just how well this place burns!"

Intimidate 21

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 24, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Moira

Moira spun to face the guards, and tried to hide the crowbar behind her back.

"Just observing this fine establishment gents. Two comrades of mine were done in by wolves yesterday and I was looking for someone to provide the means for their funeral. 'Course I find this place and it's locked up and vandalised. Seems like someone's got it in for the poor feller."

14 deception

Nice knowin ya folks.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"Who are 'they'? Anyone you recognise?"

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira
30/30 HP 16AC

"Aye,, time for our exit of this place. If we have anythin' pressin' I'm sure we can return at less respectable hours to avoid the ire of these divs," Moira whispered.

Raised one hand to the guards, while keeping a firm grip on her crystal ball.

"Keep your distance lads, no need for this to come to blows. We'll be on our way."

Persuasion 22

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Oct 22, 2016

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira raised her hand toward the man, her fingers white against the smoky glass of the crystal ball.

"You. Stop. Before I make another enemy today know this: I have no quarrel with you and our only wish is to leave this place. Now, what is your business?"

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

"What say you, Fee?" Moira whispered to the thief, "is this one on the level?"

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira shrugged.

"Can't be worse than waiting around here," she said to Ernst, "name's Moira."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Moira

Moira fell into a chair and folded her arms.

If this is a trap, then by the gods I'll render this place unto ash, she thought while she glared at the ceiling.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 14, 2016

• Locked thread