Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Yveth
13 HP 15 AC 80/20 bolts
"Nothing worth knowing until I see you all fight," mutters the monster hunter. She walks up to Red, and stares her down from under her own hood, "gently caress your hammer. My shortsword in addition to my bolts will be silvered."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
13 HP 15 AC 80/20 bolts
The monster hunter beckons the rest of the group to follow at once, "We all go in together, this gate will not separate us."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
13 HP 15 AC 80/20 bolts
Curious, the wolves have a clear path to her, and must know she is attacking them, but they do not fight back. Yveth counts the people who have and have not been attacked and comes to her conclusion, "Get onto the road! They appear not to attack those who stay on the road!"

There is another possibility, she realizes, "Or near the torch!"

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 8, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
13 HP 15 AC 80/20 bolts
"This mist is your doing, isn't it? But you didn't need to coerce us: we kill monsters. Bring us to it, we shall slay it and you will release us or meet the same fate. Understood? Then go." She points with her bow-gun to the door.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
13 HP 15 AC 80/20 bolts
"Children. Go. Inside. You can't stay out in this fog, whether or not you called it. There are wolves, who've killed one and injured another, and if our monster escapes the house through a cellar door or window you'll be alone and unprotected. Don't make me make you."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
13 HP 15 AC 80/20 bolts
Yveth, a grown woman, pushes the children inside and goes in herself. "Everyone go."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
13 HP 15 AC 80/20 bolts
"So the kids were ghosts, and mist, lethal. We don't–never had a choice." She locks the front door and spends the rest with her back against the wall with the best concealment from every door depending on its position and which way it swings. Bow-gun unloaded but pairs of bolts in arm's reach.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
13 HP 15 AC 80/20 bolts
"Indeed. I'll take the heavy. The rest of you should arm yourselves for ranged combat. This is how to sweep and clear a building..." She explains 'slicing the pie' and how to never show your back to an uncleared room. That the ranged combatant has initiative. To flash sight, and not to point and shoot. To keep the non-dominant eye closed because it adjusts to the darkness faster.

She's left handed, so she opts to sweep from the left rooms to the right rooms in an expanding spiral.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 12, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
13 HP 15 AC 80/20 bolts
Yveth appraises the armor, "If it's real, who does it fit? Curse-check it."

If we can harvest a breast/half/full plate armor from it no reason not to loot it.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 13, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
13 HP 15 AC 80/20 bolts
"Hmph, bookshelf." Yveth checks for a false one. Rich people always kept a secret passage between rooms, and this was the most stereotypical place to hide a door. She never took them for nonconformists.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
22 HP 15 AC 100/20 bolts
Rosavalda is allowed to possess the monster hunter, who also swaddles the child in her bedsheet and ties her to her backpack. When the mist departs she will bury her properly, and perhaps put the spirit to rest.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
31 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
It takes one sniff to know, "Burial's late. Where's the church, and are they prepared? If I have to dig I should know now."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
31 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
"Hypocrite, it happened to our own. Some monsters haven't given in. Yet."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
31 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
"Sounds like a monster's in it."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
31 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
Her eyes narrow, tired of this bullshit. "Elaborate."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
31 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
She holds up a silver piece. "To see the tiger."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
31 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
Yveth reveals her silver tipped crossbow ammo and weapon. "Know what it's like. Enemies are so dangerous that you can't trust anymore. "Friends" make you "weak." What should we tell her? That you should have yourself."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
31 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
She marks the possible den location on the map. "Good luck, Rudolph.

"And forgiveness can turn a curse."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
Commotion died down quickly when crossbows came into play. Yveth motions for the party to form up and move out.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
"So cowards can be paladins. Torture and murder amuse this man and his torch going out doesn't? Then he's twice the fool, three times if the point of all this is morale.

"Don't care what gave him the position, this ruler is a loving idiot."

How many guards are there? If the idiot tries to drag the man Yveth will cut the rope with a bolt. She's a Sharpshooter now.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
"Grab Lars and let's run without a fight. You can stay with your new friend, Marco." Yveth winks, hoping it was all a bluff and he'd be their inside man. The guards won't chase too closely.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
"Name." It's not a question, at the moment it's a prerequisite.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
Yveth's eyes narrow very slightly, "Your patron's,"

"I'm Yveth Beaumond."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
"I could eat."

Let's go. I probably won't actually eat because of PARANOIA.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
Yveth takes a seat and rolls a silver piece across her knuckles as she waits for the food to come.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
"Out with it. Already dealt with half his guards..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Yveth
40 HP 15 AC 90/20 bolts
"The Traitor. This is a card of power and strength. It tells of a weapon of vengeance; a sword of sunlight. Look for a wealthy woman. A staunch ally of the devil, she keeps the treasure under lock and key, with the bones of an ancient enemy."
"Job's halfway done, cough up the reward and I'll finish it."

• Locked thread