Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Hong Xióng-Hü, Level One Barbarian

"Yeah, sure, no problem. Nothing special, just gotta smash whatever's keeping the portal up, yeah? I can do that." Looking at her new partner, she smiles. "Hey, don't look so worried. I got your back." Rather than offer a hand, she simply takes Fee's hand and firmly shakes it. "I'm Hong Xióng-Hü, but if you're having trouble with foreign names, just call me Red. Now let's get going. Can't keep our costars waiting."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Hey there. So I take it you're all the folks I'm supposed to be traveling with or whatever? I'm...well in this place's dialect I'd be Red Bear-Tiger, but you can just call me Red. So, what's this about silvering stuff? Because I got a few things that could do with a new coat." Without a word she produces a big battleaxe in one hand and a warhammer in the other. "Gotta keep these things in tip top shape, y'know? Plus I don't think any of you are going to object. I'm gonna be the first one chargin' into battle, after all. That said...Lemme get a look at all of you."

She gives everyone a quick once-over, kind of analyzing them. Although you can likely tell there isn't much she's analyzing given how quickly she goes from one to the next.

"So we've got...A pretty handsome holy man in chain, some kinda hermit, someone good with their hands, and some kinda...bookish type? Anyway, this is already head and shoulders over my last group. Now, where's our ride? One of you did rent a coach, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Red smiles.

"...Oh, we got a vocal one! You say some wimpy little blade's more important than my mallet?"

A similar staredown occurs. Her eye is a little glazed, but retains a stare for quite some time..before she laughs and sheathes the hammer.

"Go for it! While not the main reason, one reason I did this is 'cause I was wondering if anyone'd call me out on gettin' greedy. And sure enough, someone did! This is already turning out great: I got at least one person who won't take no guff from nobody."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

"...Seriously? None of you are gonna step forward? Fine, I'll handle it."

Red is definitely the first through the gates, not a care in the world. A werewolf is just a really hairy dude with muscles and claws, she can handle that.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

A roar? Well Red will roar right back!

"Shut up you lousy animals! We'll have your pelts soon enough! Let's keep going."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Red's fury keeps her pushing the group to go at a quick pace, at least until the combat high wears off and the pain sets in, at which point she actually notices the gash in her neck.

"Goddamn! Haven't had a hit that bad since the time I got an arrow to the face. Same one that took out my eye. I'm used to one-on-one fights in well-lit arenas. Speaking of which..."

Her eye scans the horizon and sees the light of city life.

"I'm heading that way with this sack of dead weight. You all can come too."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Red was going to find a tavern to lay down at and rouse the useless lump of chainmail on her shoulder, but given the prodding from everyone involved, it seems she's no choice but to follow.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Hong Xióng-Hü,

"Ohhhh no you don't." Red scoops up Dan by the collar. "Now that I've gotten the wind back into me, methinks I'll take point on that front. Unless you think you can handle a swinging blade flying at you from the walls or something."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Red

Red takes initiative. "We're going here. I've had just about enough of this place, and I'm going to follow my nose to the end of it."

She picks the door leading south at the end of the hall, throws it open, then readies her axe in both hands.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Red

"You can explore if you want. I found the way forward, I'm staying right here. Don't complain at me if you get grabbed by a ghost or something."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Red

"...Well, if we're finally done running into death traps to sate our curiosity, I'll lead the way downstairs."

Red heads downstairs, to whatever may be down there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Red

Red considers hopping up on the dais, but waits for the inevitable. Then she spies someone turning back around to go investigate something from the previous room, sighs, crosses her arms and waits.

• Locked thread