Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I'll join Team Cannon too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spigs
Jun 5, 2008
Team Iron please!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Yeah, Team Cannon, loaded and ready to go.

Get with the program, slowpokes!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

First to the field and probably the first to leave it too

CANNON BOYEEEEEEEEEEEEES

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
thimble me

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Maybe this should have been teams of 3.

Ah well.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Just put...

switcheroo: 1d4 3

...Absurd Revolver on Iron

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
Team Shoe has the most sole

:v:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Pez posted:

Team Shoe has the most sole

:v:

Quiet, you heel.

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
Shoe is the best pokemon.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

UnCO3 posted:

Just put...

switcheroo: 1d4 3

...Absurd Revolver on Iron

I can live with this if it means I can start poo poo talking sooner

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Yeah whatever team iron.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

18 it is, then. Give me a day or two to make playing pieces.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I hope I am a shoe pez dispenser

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Allen Wren I don't know how you made the pieces for Candyland but these ones are going to probably look like poo poo.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CirclMastr posted:

Allen Wren I don't know how you made the pieces for Candyland but these ones are going to probably look like poo poo.

Ingredients:

Polymer clay (Sculpey brand), one packet per team color
bamboo apple skewers, one package
printouts of avs on heavy (60 lb) paper
glue

Procedure:

Cut clay into cubes of approximately equal size.
Clip points off of skewers, leaving two blunt ends.
Push clipped end of skewer into cubes, remove.
Bake cubes per clay package instructions, let cool.
Reinsert skewers into cubes. Best results obtained when skewers are reinserted into the holes they made originally.
Cut out printout of screenshot avs into individual rectangles. Glue avs to tops of skewers. Some heavier glues will soak through the paper, marring the appearance of the av. For best results, you may wish to glue a second copy of the av to the original with a lighter glue at the paper-paper bond.
Let dry.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

My recipe was self-adhesive popsicle sticks, modeling clay, and regular paper. They look like poo poo, but this is poo poo-talking casual Monopoly, so deal with it.

Turn 1

The board with teams. Everyone starts on Go but you fuckers barely fit three to a space, so you'll have to use your imagination for that part.

I was planning to have piles of money as well, but Parker Brothers didn't see fit to include enough money for 18 players at once. I consider that a massive oversight.

Here are your lovely pieces, with team colors. Also pictured: Pixel, the watchdog of capitalism.

And here are your die rolls. Fortunately I already had a brick of d6's from my Shadowrun days.

Allen Wren is the lucky loser who starts by landing on Income Tax, sapping him of 150 bucks. Four people dogpile on Chance, and Spigs (accidentally on the wrong space in this picture, but corrected later) ends up on Community Chest. A few people visit jail, and most end up on the light blue properties.

I'll try to be more organized in future, I promise.

(No promises on succeeding at organization.)

UnCO3 pays a poor tax of $12. I guess the poor weren't such a tax burden back in 1935 :v:
berenzen ends up advancing to the next railroad, and must pay $50 (again, we're not upcharging for monopolies, but the Chance card instructs the player to pay double)
oldskool jumps up to Illinois Ave and gets to pay the twenty bucks to stay the night there in the high-rent district.
But most important, Pez gets to advance to Go right out of the gate, earning a cool $200 and officially becoming the rabbit.

Spigs, meanwhile, gets paid off for killing someone.

The people who rolled doubles get their next move, and nobody risks jail.

Absurd Revolver does land on Community Chest though, and wins second prize in a beauty contest.

The state of the board after turn 1. You all definitely look better spread out.

##JOKER CHALLENGE
Pez reached Go and became the rabbit, so it's time for a chance to earn a Joker. Remember, it's one Joker per team.

Today's Challenge: In this arbitrary team breakup, you've got to have team spirit to survive all the poo poo-talking. So I want each team to come up with a team song, anthem, or motto to share together in times of celebration and hardship.

MONEY TOTALS:
TEAM HAT
1. UnCO3 - $1488
2. Allen Wren - $1338
3. DivineCoffeeBinge - $1496

TEAM SHOE
1. Aafter - $1494
2. Pez - $1700(!!!)
3. Ron Roenicke - $1492

TEAM BATTLESHIP
1. Podima - $1494
2. bowmore - $1500
3. berenzen - $1450

TEAM THIMBLE
1. chaoslord - $1500
2. Maigius - $1494
3. JakeP - $1494

TEAM CANNON
1. PBS Newshour - $1500
2. Lemniscate Blue - $1494
3. TheNabster - $1492

TEAM IRON
1. oldskool - $1480
2. Spigs - $1592(!!)
3. Absurd Revolver - $1505(!)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Is "Talk poo poo, Get Shot" too upfront?

Or the song of the same name?

I'm trying to get a feel of what is appropriate.

Also, sup Ron?

totally losing my mime
Aug 3, 2012

The quiet can scrape
All the calm from your bones.
But maybe it should.
Maybe we need to be hollowed
To get up and grow,
And stop fucking around,
To kick off our braces and start straightening out
Fun Shoe
Yeah, Pez! Only appropriate for Team Shoe to set the pace in this thing.

Oh hey, Nabster. Guess they're just letting anyone walk around on Connecticut Ave these days

Proposing as a team motto. Upbeat, but also an implicit threat to all who will be trampled before us

Aafter
Apr 14, 2009

A is for After.
Suck
Heel,
Orthopedic
Enemies!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Ron Roenicke posted:

Proposing as a team motto. Upbeat, but also an implicit threat to all who will be trampled before us

I'd say that's worth a Joker

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

TheNabster posted:

"Talk poo poo, Get Shot"

oh no a cannon I better not take a single step to either side and render it completely helpless until somebody wheels it around

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

oldskool posted:

oh no a cannon I better not take a single step to either side and render it completely helpless until somebody wheels it around

Right coz this poo poo strikes fear into the hearts of four year olds everywhere.

That red thing is your butthurt hemorrhoids flaring up.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

SUCK IT LOSERS

I like the "we've got sole" motto, better than my "we're gonna stomp a mudhole in your asses" especially since I didn't get to post it today.

I was too busy winning.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Right coz this poo poo strikes fear into the hearts of four year olds everywhere.

That red thing is your butthurt hemorrhoids flaring up.

You ever burn yourself on an iron? How about on a cannon? Exactly. :smugbert:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

oldskool posted:

You ever burn yourself on an iron?

No, since I am not a thumb-fingered nincompoop.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
As for a motto for Team Cannon, I don't think we can do better than what ol' Louis XIV had inscribed on his cannons:

Ultima ratio regum.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Looks like we'll be Going On Ahead then. Stiff upper lip, British stoicism, wot wot etc..

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Lemniscate Blue posted:

As for a motto for Team Cannon, I don't think we can do better than what ol' Louis XIV had inscribed on his cannons:

Ultima ratio regum.

Very posh, it'll do. Better then my idea.

Ron Roenicke posted:

Oh hey, Nabster. Guess they're just letting anyone walk around on Connecticut Ave these days

I'm not on there I'm on the much superior and less scruffy Whitechapel Road thanks to my patented Brexicles™.

It makes things seem better then they actually are.

UnCO3 posted:

Looks like we'll be Going On Ahead then. Stiff upper lip, British stoicism, wot wot etc..

'Ere what a toff. 'Eave half a brick it him.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
landing on just visiting first turn is pretty crumby

hopefully get vine street

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

oldskool posted:

You ever burn yourself on an iron? How about on a cannon? Exactly. :smugbert:

Indeed, thanks to the sacrifices of those brave men behind the cannons, the only danger you will ever be in is burning yourself on common household appliances, rather then getting shot at by big guns.

In fact it's because of those Cannons (And maybe Battleships too but they're a bit pointless once you get on land) that you can very safely talk poo poo and scold yourself in the comfort of your own home.

You're welcome.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Over here at team hat, we're not fighters, we're lovers. We believe in the finer things in life. We're here to ride high, taste the finest wines and make it rain bills in every room.

So clearly our theme tune is Joe Cocker doing ♫ YOU CAN LEEEEEAVE YOUR HAT ON ♫

TheNabster posted:

I'm not on there I'm on the much superior and less scruffy Whitechapel Road thanks to my patented Brexicles™.

So you're murdering prostitutes in your spare time? Well done you.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Allen Wren posted:

Over here at team hat, we're not fighters, we're lovers. We believe in the finer things in life. We're here to ride high, taste the finest wines and make it rain bills in every room.

This is vastly better than any of the ideas I thought of. Allen Wren knows what's up.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Team Hat: we sit here while you do all the work

totally losing my mime
Aug 3, 2012

The quiet can scrape
All the calm from your bones.
But maybe it should.
Maybe we need to be hollowed
To get up and grow,
And stop fucking around,
To kick off our braces and start straightening out
Fun Shoe

TheNabster posted:

What I'm hearing is that you're no good at long-term planning or financial stability, so I'm sure Monopoly is going to go well for you

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Ultima ratio regum.

I'm a sucker for Louis XIV, I must admit. Joker

UnCO3 posted:

1. gently caress you
2. That is exactly the sort of thing I would say. Joker

Allen Wren posted:

Not even a link to the song, let alone a video of you performing it? You're lucky UnCO3 is around.

The other teams have until midnight Monday (pacific time, i.e. a little more than 36 hours) to get on the ball OR until Pez reaches Go again, whichever comes first, though obviously the latter will mean they have a new Joker challenge they can pitch in toward.

Update incoming.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Turn 2

I am not seeing many doubles in my rolls, it seems. But that's probably a good thing.

Team Hat is pretty spread out; UnCO3 takes a railroad, Allen Wren gets all the way to Illinois Ave, and DivineCoffeeBinge is still on the first row.

Pez lands on Chance AGAIN (another "Advance to Go" card would kinda piss me off), while the rest of Team Shoe dances around the railroad but avoids the $25 ticket.

berenzen gets to Kentucky Ave, while bowmore and Podima join the crowd forming in and around Pennsylvania Railroad.

Team Thimble decides to stick together almost perfectly. I'm surprised to see such camaraderie given their complete lack of participation in the Joker challenge.

Team Cannon decides on a flanking maneuver, staying on the two ends of the second row. Lemniscate Blue is the first victim of a utility, which in this edition charges four times the die roll for rent ($24 in this case).

oldskool takes a long hop to the Short Line, Spigs joins the crowd on St. James, and Absurd Revolver lands on the last untouched red property.

Pez's Chance card takes $50 away, but this is after giving $200 last time so I feel little sympathy.

Pennsylvania Railroad is where the party is, I guess. Podima moves up to the third row with their reroll, and PBS Newshour reaches the yellows.

MONEY TOTALS:
TEAM HAT - JOKER

1. UnCO3 - $1463
2. Allen Wren - $1318
3. DivineCoffeeBinge - $1488

TEAM SHOE - JOKER

1. Aafter - $1482
2. Pez - $1650
3. Ron Roenicke - $1478

TEAM BATTLESHIP
1. Podima - $1464
2. bowmore - $1475
3. berenzen - $1432

TEAM THIMBLE
1. chaoslord - $1475
2. Maigius - $1469
3. JakeP - $1480

TEAM CANNON - JOKER
1. PBS Newshour - $1464
2. Lemniscate Blue - $1470
3. TheNabster - $1482

TEAM IRON

1. oldskool - $1455
2. Spigs - $1578
3. Absurd Revolver - $1487

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Ron Roenicke posted:

What I'm hearing is that you're no good at long-term planning or financial stability, so I'm sure Monopoly is going to go well for you

Don't remind me please. It makes me feel very sad.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

TheNabster posted:

Don't remind me please. It makes me feel very sad.

I wouldn't feel to bad about that, the game is rigged and there's no way to come out ahead no matter your personal inadequacies.

Your love life, on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
I guess firing a cannon in a house of glass is okay if it's at your fellow inhabitants and not someone outside?

• Locked thread