Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
so I guess the DWP shut off my power cause I hadn't paid the bill in a while and their pay by phoen service was nt working so I had to run down to the office on my lunch break to pay the thing in full (it was a whopping $450 gently caress my loving dick DWP we had like a 3k bill at one of the houses I lived in during college and you didnt do poo poo)

Anyways they are all like your power will be back on by 6 at the latest, and so 6 comes around and still no power so I call them to be like WTF where is my electricity!!

And the lady tells me, oh they restored service hours ago but the guy said he could hear somethign go on in your apartment so legally he couldn't leave the power on in case it started a fire so he switched it off at the box.

So she tells me I have to go find the meter and switch it back on myself and I know gently caress all of where the meters are, and she says the guys notes said they were on the wall in the middle of the parking garage -- NO its way off to the side behind the elevator in a little room!

So finally 20 minutes later I have power, you think they could have like mentioned to me that "hey youre service is restored but you gotta go do this thing before you have power again" instead of just leaving me LITERALLY IN THE DARK (well not really sun is still up lol)

anyways I guess that is why you should not be lazy and not pay the power company for months on end even if it is annoying having to pay the stupid $50 or whatever it is every 2 months.

that is my story for today has anyone else gotten pwnd by the power company?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
pay ur goddamn utilities hth

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Sounds like you got the Nooner special heh

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't paid my home offices landline bill for two months. I thought I did, but their website sucks dick and apparently I didn't and now I owe them 300 dollars by the 15th.

Anyhow, I'm probably just going to go shoot a bunch of folks at their local office instead of paying up.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
What if the power lady led you to a bunch of electricians in a garage and they kicked your rear end

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008

jackyl posted:

great advice for financial health right here

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

One time in college I moved to a new apartment and didn't set up the utilities in my name. I waited 8 months until they turned my power off, then told them I had just moved in last month and that there must be a problem with their system. 7 months free.

if you get pwned by any utility you are bitchmade

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
paying utilities is retarded, when we first moved into this apartment we did not pay a single power bill for the entire first year we lived here, total bill was like ~700 I think, its retarded to shut off my power because I am too lazy to pay bills

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

jackyl posted:

make me you little fuckstain

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

BeefThief posted:

One time in college I moved to a new apartment and didn't set up the utilities in my name. I waited 8 months until they turned my power off, then told them I had just moved in last month and that there must be a problem with their system. 7 months free.

if you get pwned by any utility you are bitchmade

holy gently caress that is legit

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
When I moved into my present basement flat, (!) I had a prepay meter that was probably a ripoff,
Anyway, the landlord promised to modernise this big old house, and a bunch of bullshit, meaning we have mold on the walls and some sort of fungi growing out of the skirting board due to them hiring some loving chimps to do the water.
however, I had to wait a couple of years before they decided to change all the meters from prepay to regular billing ones, as the electricity was going to be a bigger job than the water, not to mention that some of the plumbing went through the whole houses electricity & what have you "closet".
of course the chimps managed to gently caress that up meaning we had water spraying around that. did I mention that on the other side of the wall from this obv fire hazard was my flat?
Anyway,
Meters came, and I look into energy suppliers, I chose one and start paying them, however, another electricity supplier sent me a letter claiming

tl;dr burn it to the ground, salt the earth.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I totes didnt expect there to jsut be this big rear end room full of meters that control the power to the entire building just chilling in a little unlocked room though, you could really gently caress with your neighbors knowing that..... :twisted:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Nooner, Sue the city.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Hey nooner

If you need money for utilities we can arrange something :mrgw:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Nooner posted:

I totes didnt expect there to jsut be this big rear end room full of meters that control the power to the entire building just chilling in a little unlocked room though, you could really gently caress with your neighbors knowing that..... :twisted:

you could also get free electricity with a bit of effort and also being careful

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

jackyl posted:

Go on...

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
All utilities are included at my apartment so i don't have to worry about these things and take hour long showers and leave the stove on all day cause why not, I'm not paying for it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Don Tacorleone posted:

Hey nooner

If you need money for utilities we can arrange something :mrgw:

lol no see thats the thing though, its not even like I wasnt paying it cause i didnt have it, I just went down and gave them the whole drat $450 at once, I just dont like having to pay them all the time lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

jackyl posted:

I'm hoping to become an apprentice electrician, interview is on the 27th :twisted:

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008

Nooner posted:

holy gently caress that is legit

Part of most leases is having to have the utilities in your name at time of residence. The power company is going to go searching for those missing months of payments and it won't be hard to connect the dots. Either landlord terminates lease or bills the leasee for the bills plus any accrued late charges/interest.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

My dad is really old and he told me back in the day they used to have power boxes on the outside of a house so they would rope a door shut and turn their power off and laugh at them when they try to get out then run away.

Also one time some campers tried camping on our ranch and he burned their campsite down while they were hiking or whatever he said. I'm pretty sure he murdered them all though. There was definitely a burned down campsite and noone ever came back to check on it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Hey nooner with all the lights out i bet your gf is now fuckable haha!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

drat, son

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

uhh the lights are back ON actually, please at least TRY to read the thread....

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008

Dave_Indeed posted:

My dad is really old and he told me back in the day they used to have power boxes on the outside of a house so they would rope a door shut and turn their power off and laugh at them when they try to get out then run away.

Also one time some campers tried camping on our ranch and he burned their campsite down while they were hiking or whatever he said. I'm pretty sure he murdered them all though. There was definitely a burned down campsite and noone ever came back to check on it.

Lol your dad murdered a bunch of campers - does he wear a hockey mask all the time even when it's not hockey time?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

the meters are wires coming in and wires going out

there are lots of meters with wires going in and wires going out

u gotta be smart about what you are doing but if they are all this accessible u can abuse it

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nooner posted:

uhh the lights are back ON actually, please at least TRY to read the thread....

I did, just wanted to make the joke all the same

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
yeah they never hired me after i chose to intern with them (mostly because it paid the most) gently caress graduating in 2k9

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

DPd by the DWP for being PWT. Good job doofus

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nooner posted:

lol no see thats the thing though, its not even like I wasnt paying it cause i didnt have it, I just went down and gave them the whole drat $450 at once, I just dont like having to pay them all the time lol

u can put it on autopay u freakin maroon

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bills on autopay to a credit card + credit card autopay = free points. easy money. take notes n00b

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

jackyl posted:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Smythe posted:

bills on autopay to a credit card + credit card autopay = free points. easy money. take notes n00b

Warning their may be a "convenience" fee.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Smythe posted:

u can put it on autopay u freakin maroon

for some reason i have never been able to get the stupid online account set up and working so i just wait until it gets up to several hundred dollars/they come and shut it off apparently lol

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

VendaGoat posted:

Warning their may be a "convenience" fee.

Figures Smythe would shill for the convenience store he works at

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Figures Smythe would shill for the convenience store he works at

Smythe is windows98? :confused:

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I lived in a condo for years that had all utilities tied into flat rate condo fees. Shower for a full day with every light on and you wouldn't pay a cent more on your monthly bill. :coal:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

The Bananana posted:

Smythe is windows98? :confused:

holy poo poo

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
So you can't even figure out how to pay your bills without using a phone, but you expect us to trust you with wiring up a transformer? What local are you applying at, your training director and I need to have words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
nice job living in a shithole OP

• Locked thread