Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Tyche.
Tymora.
Beshaba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Celluloid sam , is that you?

Neigh.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

the great deceiver posted:

as much as i love freebird simple man is probably my favorite skynyrd song

I don't think they understood what the meaning of "Simple" is/was.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

i think they knew perfectly

Please input by modern standards and recompute.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

i'm listening to it right now and vendagoat i think you and i might have different standards of what constitutes simple

I am not saying you or I bring ourselves into this discussion, in fact, I would rather we remain as outsiders, observing the inward momentum.

I'm saying, look at what the basic momentum of the American existence is. What makes up the daily life of the majority of the leader of nations and then, only upon and objective analysis, recompute what a "simple" life is.

A smart phone is the first standard of living. You can compute from that point and project outwards.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

goddamnit vendagoat the song is a simple parable of a mom telling her son not to grow up too fast not an indictment of modern technology lol

Mother's are subject to the whims of the time they are born into.

Recompute.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Bananana posted:

you're being obtuse

and you're being acute.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think you're both right, more or less.

:lol:

I mean seriously :laffo:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Time may change me/
But I can't trace time...

Good song

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

RIP David Bowie. :smith: