Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SomeMathGuy posted:

At 0:56 the ref reaches in and grabs something, it's hard to tell what it is at a distance.

That is a legitimate bummer.

I'm thinking it was the guys keys or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
you know how it seemed like the crowd was behind Roman at times last night? Reddit's top men have determined that it was all lies!!!!!!

full disclosure: the best part about the video is that someone was mad enough about fake crowd sounds to make it

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Cesaro and Sheamus always have good matches so I'm actually excited to see it, but not every week for the next two months.

what if it's only once a month through February instead

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Bigass Moth posted:

Cesaro and Sheamus always have good matches so I'm actually excited to see it, but not every week for the next two months.

7 times though? God dayum. Really 8 (or 9? Did they fight twice recently). If they gotta fight on house shows too they're gonna be so sick of each other.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
An even better view of the fan run-in
https://twitter.com/Laurencanrapp/status/765397141560840192

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Love the demon kang

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

man Seth is smooth as gently caress

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Also I don't understand why people are down on the best of seven series. They were undoubtedly going to fight that many times anyway, might as well make it matter in some way.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i lose respect for wrestlers who don't beat up fans rushing the ring

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

Also I don't understand why people are down on the best of seven series. They were undoubtedly going to fight that many times anyway, might as well make it matter in some way.
Because its Shemaus and not Sami Zayn

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

oatgan posted:

i lose respect for wrestlers who don't beat up fans

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb-VIIX15jE

:tinfoil:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'd probably hate the Doctor Gallows and Doctor Anderson segments if they weren't both so good at deadpan.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Happy Birthday Hace

Chris James 2 posted:

4. Sorry for burying it in the GDT but this Bryan interview is real depressing and I'm much less excited to see Total Bellas, if only because there will be at least one instance of Bryan post- or mid-mental breakdown

The fact that Bryan didn't have a choice in being made Smackdown GM is kind of messed up, but I'm sadly not surprised.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

Gorn Myson posted:

I'd probably hate the Doctor Gallows and Doctor Anderson segments if they weren't both so good at deadpan.
But dude... "Doc" Gallows...

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Cesaro vs Zayn is something I'd like to see go 7 matches. Since it's Sheamus I would love it if Cesaro won 4 straight

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

Cesaro vs Zayn is something I'd like to see go 7 matches. Since it's Sheamus I would love it if Cesaro won 4 straight

yeah I mean is Zayn even doing anything???? he had one of the best matches of the year last PPV and he's rewarded with no loving match at Summerslam, it's bizarre. Cesaro vs Zayn was ridiculous in NXT, they could burn the house down with a match. what a complete loving waste.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

britishbornandbread posted:

Finn's entrance is the most cringe worthy thing in wrestling history.

You haven't been watching wrestling for very long

Anyways, what's the best possible way to book Enzo/Cass v. Owens/Jericho? Just put Enzo and Cass over but have Jericho eat the pin? I feel like JeriKO is going to be a short lived, albeit awesome, thing, so it might be fun (fantasy booking incoming) to see Owens blame the loss on Jericho and then have a short Owens/Jericho feud or something.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Exactly what I was going to post

It's nice of WWE to let us know who's the next victim in the Endless Sheamus Matches Hell and how long it'll last

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 16, 2016

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Reigns vs Rusev was fun, I wish they'd stop making Roman Reigns the 'he's going to sell all match then randomly win with the spear' John Cena babyface, but obviously that's not going to happen, so they might as well have other big guys hit him with some good old fashioned clubbing blows in the meantime

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!

Gorn Myson posted:

It sucks.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

gotta say I was real happy to see everyone doing the draculahands for Finn, even in corpus christi. you can fake roman's crowdsounds all you want but you can't fake draculahands

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

gotta say I was real happy to see everyone doing the draculahands for Finn, even in corpus christi. you can fake roman's crowdsounds all you want but you can't fake draculahands

I'd never heard the term draculahands for it but it's kind of awesome so I'm going to use it now as well

have a blessed day

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Love the demon kang

Yes, well I prefer the demon kodos.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I was hoping that due to Vince's disgust with Finn's height, the whole 'Demon King' gimmick would just mean that for all of his PPV matches he'd be replaced by The Demon Kane

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
If Balor is the Demon King, doesn't that make Kane his subject?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can't think of any reason why you'd book someone for seven serious matches against Sheamus unless you were trying to get them hurt.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can't think of any reason why you'd book someone for seven serious matches against Sheamus unless you were trying to get them hurt.

Sami's a HHH guy right? :vinceflex:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

RacistGuidingLight posted:

What we saw was Seth Rollins stop talking and staring blankly as the crowd cheered. Micheal Cole helpfully informed us that he was being entranced. Some people say they saw a split second of security dealing with a dude in a batter's helmet.

This was the dumbest attempt to cover for what was going on especially as they then showed the guy getting dragged out.

I hope someone gets their plums pulverised in the New Day/Club match.

Sheamus/Cesaro will be good, imo.

Happy birthday Hace.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Bad post.

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Just stopping in to say that Midlife Crisis Jericho is great and my friend.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:ironicat:

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

britishbornandbread posted:

Finn's entrance is the most cringe worthy thing in wrestling history.

Agreed. It was fine when the guy doing the entrance is called the loving Boogeyman, but not when you're supposed to be a serious threat.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

if HHH can cosplay his level 20 paragon barbarian whenever he feels like it and still be THE GAME THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN THE KING OF KINGS THE FLAME OF UDUN I am okay with Fake Dreadlocks Satan Man being a real threat

Professor Funk posted:

I'd never heard the term draculahands for it but it's kind of awesome so I'm going to use it now as well

have a blessed day

namaste

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We make fun of HHH's entrances too

Where's the gif of him having white stuff on his chest while walking to the ring after one such dumb Mania entrance as Brock looks at him bewildered

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

if HHH can cosplay his level 20 paragon barbarian whenever he feels like it and still be THE GAME THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN THE KING OF KINGS THE FLAME OF UDUN I am okay with Fake Dreadlocks Satan Man being a real threat

HHH is taller than 6 ft though so he can do whatever he wants. Finn is a tiny pathetic man and probably has a tiny dick as well, ergo

Officer Farva posted:

Agreed. It was fine when the guy doing the entrance is called the loving Boogeyman, but not when you're supposed to be a serious threat.

None of this matters because the entrance is over. Teenagers and dumb college kids will think it's cool and will buy Finn Balor DEMON t-shirts to wear to algebra class. Smarks are going to like Finn no matter what because he's an indy darling and it's fun as poo poo to watch him wrestle. It's the best of both worlds for WWE.

I agree that the entrance could probably do without all of the gyrating and that the headdress is dumb, but on the other hand it's wrestling and if you try to take literally anything too seriously you're going to find yourself thinking it's awful, so don't

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 16, 2016

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

The American Dream posted:

Best of 7 series only worked 20 years ago when it was booker t vs no one. It didn't really work in the mid 2000s when they tried it again.
Didn't the 2000s one get really weird, like half the matches subbed in Orton for some reason? (not a Benoit joke)

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

i wonder if he was like a super mark or a nutjob

Like the Downs kid who tried to kick Austin's rear end one time against Shawn Michaels
You mean "special olympian" :v:

Happy bday Hace.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

We make fun of HHH's entrances too

Where's the gif of him having white stuff on his chest while walking to the ring after one such dumb Mania entrance as Brock looks at him bewildered

the white stuff was dry ice sticking to his skin because he dumps a bottle of water on his head and he was badly burned by it

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Something goofy? In pro wrestling? Well, I never...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

But is the demon entrance supposed to be goofy and dumb?

• Locked thread