Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
Well, I bought some puts (options) which is basically the same thing. Look at the one year chart:

https://www.google.com/search?q=aapl+chart&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

this is ready to drop a bit. :) If i'm wrong I lose all the money I put into the options....

Are you excited about their wireless headphones for Iphone 7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I invested all my money in baseball cards

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
gently caress Apple and their retarded design decisions and their garbage operating system that constantly asks me to sign into Itunes.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I just sharted rear end in a top hat

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Un chien andalou posted:

gently caress Apple and their retarded design decisions and their garbage operating system that constantly asks me to sign into Itunes.

Yeah!

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
They're kind of slacking on the innovation. Google has already surpassed them

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
I shorted Apple by not replacing my Iphone 6 with another Apple product. Instead I made the switch to Android and I feel like a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders. What I'm trying to say is the Apple is like a giant basket of poo poo that you have to carry around on your head constantly. People think this makes them look cool, but its like in that one movie with the magic glasses where like anyone in the know will put the glasses on and see everyone walking around with giant baskets of poo poo on their heads.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I shorted Apple when I dropped my phone into a bowl of piss!!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I only invest in Franklin Mint collectibles.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a bird figurine

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All they can do is improve the user interface and user experience now. Trippy. :staredog:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

dad gay. so what posted:

I bought a bird figurine

Is it malachite?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

All they can do is improve the user interface and user experience now. Trippy. :staredog:

No, that's not true. They can turn it into an AR spectacles, that would be innovative.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Un chien andalou posted:

I shorted Apple by not replacing my Iphone 6 with another Apple product. Instead I made the switch to Android and I feel like a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders. What I'm trying to say is the Apple is like a giant basket of poo poo that you have to carry around on your head constantly. People think this makes them look cool, but its like in that one movie with the magic glasses where like anyone in the know will put the glasses on and see everyone walking around with giant baskets of poo poo on their heads.

Apple did some good marketing 10-15 years ago so I still have friends that refuse to use Windows and swear up and down that "Anyone who knows anything about Artistry and Design work knows that Apples are superior in every way"

It doesn't explain why everyone goes for the obviously inferior IOS over Android though other than marketing to the dumbest dregs of society that are pleased by Playskool brand phones.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
designed in california.
made in china.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I bought Sony stock right before the PS4 came out, I bought at 17.40 and it's currently at 32.88 :smug:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Apparently rich people use iphones whereas most middle class people use android. Which is really good evidence for the notion rich people are stupid assholes and need to be thrown against the wall.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Nathilus posted:

Apparently rich people use iphones whereas most middle class people use android. Which is really good evidence for the notion rich people are stupid assholes and need to be thrown against the wall.

I don't get it it's not like Apple phones are more expensive than the competing Sony/Samsung/LG phones.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nathilus posted:

Widgets for idjuts. :catbert:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

FlimFlam Imam posted:

I bought Sony stock right before the PS4 came out, I bought at 17.40 and it's currently at 32.88 :smug:

That poo poo is gonna keep going up sony is fukkin killer these days

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Android is still hot garbage even nearly 10 years into development. The only phone that isn't guaranteed useless is the one handset a year that runs the pure OS and even that is complete poo poo most of the time. The Samsungs that everyone actually buys are just pure crap, full stop.

gently caress Android "power users", you hilarious loving nerds.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My job buys me a lot of Apple poo poo. I like it all, but then I probably wouldn't if I had spent my own money on it. :shrug:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

notZaar posted:

I don't get it it's not like Apple phones are more expensive than the competing Sony/Samsung/LG phones.

I have a sony xperia m4 aqua which retails at 350 and it is by far the best phone i've ever owned or handled.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
apple makes a good phone for old people to use because when they have a problem or a question about it they can go to the mall instead of calling their children, and old people love going to the mall so this works out great

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I have an iPhone 6

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

City of Tampa posted:

apple makes a good phone for old people to use because when they have a problem or a question about it they can go to the mall instead of calling their children, and old people love going to the mall so this works out great

Yeah this is the severely underrated aspect of Apple, outsourcing all those dumb IT questions onto minimum wage earners.

Everyone should buy Apple products for olds and watch as your free time miraculously goes up because you can respond to any question by telling your old to go take a class at the Apple Store.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

gannyGrabber posted:

I have a sony xperia m4 aqua which retails at 350 and it is by far the best phone i've ever owned or handled.

I have a Sony and my only gripe is that the USB port is inside a lovely little plastic flap so they can market it as water resistant.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I'm looking forward to seeing your gofundme campaign after you lose everything like this rear end in a top hat http://www.marketwatch.com/story/help-my-short-position-got-crushed-and-now-i-owe-e-trade-10644556-2015-11-19

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

EL BROMANCE posted:

Android is still hot garbage even nearly 10 years into development. The only phone that isn't guaranteed useless is the one handset a year that runs the pure OS and even that is complete poo poo most of the time. The Samsungs that everyone actually buys are just pure crap, full stop.

gently caress Android "power users", you hilarious loving nerds.

sorry you need a baby phone for your baby brain. Do you drive your car with a bunch of teething rings?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

sorry you need a baby phone for your baby brain. Do you drive your car with a bunch of teething rings?

Using electronics that are hard to use to accomplish the same thing makes you an adult.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
I'd buy individual stocks but my soul is too important to me.

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Roger Craig posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing your gofundme campaign after you lose everything like this rear end in a top hat http://www.marketwatch.com/story/help-my-short-position-got-crushed-and-now-i-owe-e-trade-10644556-2015-11-19

Ouch. Well puts are safer in a way in that you can only lose what you put into them. Shorting can result in much larger losses than your investment. But my puts cost only $400, so that won't kill me...

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

wide stance posted:

I'd buy individual stocks but my soul is too important to me.

It's not worth anything anyway. Trust me, I've vetted it.

You sold it for a reese's cup, when you were high AF.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
How do you end up owing money with a bad investment, im so confused

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Same they gave me a 20 but I gave them change for a 10

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Nm just read some ehowsitdone on shorts, that sucks for that guy...

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Using electronics that are hard to use to accomplish the same thing makes you an adult.

Paying an appropriate price for functional technology with more options on literally every facet of the product, which accomplishes the same thing as over priced dumbed down horse poo poo that removes most of those options does in fact make you an adult for your ability to judge things on actual metrics and budget your money while buying the best product available. While overpaying for marketing and branding for an inferior product proves you don't have an adult's grasp on budgeting or the world

FTFY

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I like my Samsung phone it does everything I need it to and takes good photos. I'll probably get another Samsung when this one dies.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Lol keep on raging against the machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Fallows posted:

How do you end up owing money with a bad investment, im so confused

If you buy a stock at $20 and it goes to $0 you lose your investment.

If you short a stock at $20 and it goes to $40 you lose your investment. If it goes to $60 you lose it again! If it goes to $80 again. So you need to cover to stop the losses. But if it happens overnight you're screwed.

• Locked thread