Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

shorting is dum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fat Shat Sings posted:

this is the post equivalent of one of those "THERES GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY" videos where someone takes something incredibly simple, like Android OS versions and trips over a table and kills themselves because they didn't have babies first telephone to have that version number in the name.

"If Phone no say version number how I know? Galaxy S3 may have worse android than LG G3. Is too confuse for caveman brain. Need "PHONE ONE" "PHONE TWO" "PHONE THREE" so me not have trouble. "

android phones are full of fail, hot girls will be said if your text message comes up green.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
and Im texting from my laptop right now because of the integration. and the trackpad isn't a piece of poo poo. And I'm on my porhc ;)

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Un chien andalou posted:

gently caress Apple and their retarded design decisions and their garbage operating system that constantly asks me to sign into Itunes.

Same. Only Apple product I still use is the new MacBook Air my high school just issued teachers.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I bought a desktop, a laptop, a phone and a prostitute for the price of your laptop.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I bought a desktop, a laptop, a phone and a prostitute for the price of your laptop.

Must of been some prostitute.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Fat Shat Sings posted:

this is the post equivalent of one of those "THERES GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY" videos
your post is actually the equivalent of that
after i noticed you writing in caveman speak, i realized i couldnt tell when you started writing in caveman speak. that might be your natural mode
but yeah the point you think youre making actually works against iphone users not for them
they have the version number in the name to tell them when to uprade (regardless of a lack of need to) and then they do upgrade because they theyre idiots

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

loquacius posted:

Most people who aren't literal music pros can use Audacity for basically anything they need, but I guess Logic/Ableton are like the Photoshop equivalents that actual professionals require

There doesn't seem to be a good free/open-source alternative like GIMP for this use case, which is annoying but as your post pointed out it's not like no software for this exists on Windows. Ableton seems kind of expensive but there's always Pro Tools or FL Studio which seem to be available for about $100.

Most people believe they need Macs do "music" because they saw an ad or something. When you ask them about it they say something like, "Because it's more stable."

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

loquacius posted:

whatever happened to the one that looked like a space trashcan

http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

It's yours for so much drat money

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

loquacius posted:

That makes it make some modicum of sense but it still doesn't seem to me like it should be legal

like everything else about the stock market

i mean the "shorts" the guys in The Big Short were doing were way different than regular stock market shorting, it really was more like finding another guy and betting on the outcome of a thing. it's legal because they both sign the contract that takes it from "gamble" to financial instrument.

Stock shorting is the regulated & formalized descendant of those types of betting; where shorting once was the practice of borrowing somebody's shares, selling it off for cash, then buying it back at a lower price and pocketing the difference. And most trading services intentionally make it hard to do. They don't want people in the position of that dope who owed $100k on a $30k short -- because if that dope turns out to be broke then e-trade would be on the hook.

It's a good thing that shorting is legal because when all the "gambling" is focused on stocks going up, it distorts the market and tends to make bubbles more likely. That's why mortgage bonds went so crazy, everyone was betting on the upside and the only ways to bet on the downside was a) to be a wealthy, connected investor that could do what the big short guys did, or b) to be a bank yourself and "bet" on failure by selling off your own positions with false pretenses.

vols bitch posted:

i want to confess that i killed steve jobs and i have no remorse

oh you took away one of the liver transplants he was signed up for in all 50 states? cool.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

gary oldmans diary posted:

your post is actually the equivalent of that
after i noticed you writing in caveman speak, i realized i couldnt tell when you started writing in caveman speak. that might be your natural mode
but yeah the point you think youre making actually works against iphone users not for them
they have the version number in the name to tell them when to uprade (regardless of a lack of need to) and then they do upgrade because they theyre idiots

:thejoke:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
lol at betting against buffett good luck with that one pal

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i have an iphone and someone once tried to convince me to switch to android with the argument that i could use a ~~real terminal~~ on android

and its just, like, why the gently caress woudl iw ant to do taht

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Walrus posted:

lol at betting against buffett good luck with that one pal

Anyone got 220,800 I can borrow? I want to gently caress with Buffett.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao if you aren't a passive index investor with a buy and hold strategy.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

canpakes posted:

and Im texting from my laptop right now because of the integration. and the trackpad isn't a piece of poo poo. And I'm on my porhc ;)

Typical apple user thinking their features are unique to apple.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
You're a puss if you just bought puts. Short apple mother fucker, otherwise you're a piss as bitch

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

this is the post equivalent of one of those "THERES GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY" videos where someone takes something incredibly simple, like Android OS versions and trips over a table and kills themselves because they didn't have babies first telephone to have that version number in the name.

"If Phone no say version number how I know? Galaxy S3 may have worse android than LG G3. Is too confuse for caveman brain. Need "PHONE ONE" "PHONE TWO" "PHONE THREE" so me not have trouble. "

this guy so mad over his hobo phone welfareOS gettin rekt

the point of computers and elec devices is to make life easier not harder by having to computer janitor your stupid lovely android trash fire telephone

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Apple is so innovative and user-friendly that they don't have a back button on the faceplate because they're smart and are very wise

Iphones not having a loving back button (what the gently caress) are like one of the major reasons I don't switch, though I absolutely love their size and hate the trend with Android phones getting bigger and bigger. I want a phone with the size of the SE that runs on android and has a back button.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

Apple is so innovative and user-friendly that they don't have a back button on the faceplate because they're smart and are very wise

Iphones not having a loving back button (what the gently caress) are like one of the major reasons I don't switch, though I absolutely love their size and hate the trend with Android phones getting bigger and bigger. I want a phone with the size of the SE that runs on android and has a back button.

The next Iphone will get rid of the standard headphone jack

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
doesn't android still not have the ui thread in a real-time priority?

im glad my button presses are lagged by being preempted by network interrupts in the background and other unimportant poo poo

and i need twelve more buttons on this android phone to rewrite all these app configs correctly because my life is sad hole of despair

android is a porta potty inferno

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Get a sony xperia m4 aqua, goons. Trust me.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

*shatters second $500 phone in one thread*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how many options at what premium? what's the ex date and the strike price?

kinda meaningless without that info

gannyGrabber posted:

Get a sony xperia m4 aqua, goons. Trust me.

also I got this phone for 40% off on Newegg a couple weeks ago and it is p dope

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
hey, does javaOS phone come with lube yet so you can safely secure inside your rear end pipe next to the other pieces of poo poo you carry around daily?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Robot Pride posted:

im glad my button presses are lagged by being preempted by network interrupts in the background and other unimportant poo poo

and i need twelve more buttons on this android phone to rewrite all these app configs correctly because my life is sad hole of despair

how does it feel to be an infant that needs the communication device equivalent of a sippy cup

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

how does it feel to be an infant that needs the communication device equivalent of a sippy cup

feels great...i have the rest of the night available to suck on titties and poo poo in my pants instead of asking for help fixing sqlite on my telephone on the android forums

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robot Pride posted:

what the gently caress are you even talking about

is your phone still $800 and not waterproof?

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Moridin920 posted:

what the gently caress are you even talking about

is your phone still $800 and not waterproof?

well, since i'm not some beta with dexterity problems i've never needed a phone that i have to worry about dropping in the toilet

and if i ever did for some shameful reason my phone insurance is like $1.50 per month

waterproofing is a good solution for a problem i don't have

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robot Pride posted:

well, since i'm not some beta with dexterity problems i've never needed a phone that i have to worry about dropping in the toilet

and if i ever did for some shameful reason my phone insurance is like $1.50 per month

typical apple bitch lmao

doesn't even realize people go to parties with pools and alcohol n poo poo

pays Apple more money to make up for lack of features on his outrageously expensive widget

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Robot Pride posted:

yea because you never go outside lol

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Moridin920 posted:

typical apple bitch lmao

doesn't even realize people go to parties with pools and alcohol n poo poo

pays Apple more money to make up for lack of features on his outrageously expensive widget

you srsly can't keep your phone out of the pool?

get a sponsor or something

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

City of Tampa posted:

why do people say that apple computers are better for art and design? is there some kind of software that runs on Apple but not windows?

OSX

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robot Pride posted:

you srsly can't keep your phone out of the pool?

get a sponsor or something

bro I can use my phone in the shower and it literally cost 1/6th of the price of yours and it does everything just as fast

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dunked my iphone in the tub quite often (:() and there's nothing wrong with it. Unless you insist on taking pictures underwater with ur phone or something you don't need waterproofing.

Edit: rewriting iPhone as iphone because gently caress that autocorrect bullshit

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zidrooner posted:

I dunked my iPhone in the tub quite often (:() and there's nothing wrong with it. Unless you insist on taking pictures underwater with ur phone or something you don't need waterproofing.

except now your tags are orange so anytime you take it in to the Apple store they'll shrug and go 'water damage bro gotta buy a new one this isn't covered.'

also pretty sure you're full of it you dunk it all the time and it's just fine? nah.

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moridin920 posted:

also pretty sure you're full of it you dunk it all the time and it's just fine? nah.

I saw a video of an iPhone dying due to submersion it took like 10 seconds. I get that poo poo out of the water pronto after dropping it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
People who say "we're an Apple household" are like the technology equivalent of those goobers in $400 worth of The North Face gear that they put on three times a year to "hike" a paved mile and a half trail in the city park.

Who cares how much your phone cost? You didn't invent that, you just bought it, and anyone who can come up with $800 can do the same

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

WhyteRyce posted:

When that highly fabled AppleTV that was supposed to disrupt and revolutionize the industry never came out because Jobs never finished his crib sheet. So instead Cook just slapped Siri on the existing models and called it a day

I have an app,e tv. It came out before sling I think? Anyways it's never turned on now that I have dish network. Let's start a cable vs sat arguement !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

loquacius posted:

Most people who aren't literal music pros can use Audacity for basically anything they need, but I guess Logic/Ableton are like the Photoshop equivalents that actual professionals require

There doesn't seem to be a good free/open-source alternative like GIMP for this use case, which is annoying but as your post pointed out it's not like no software for this exists on Windows. Ableton seems kind of expensive but there's always Pro Tools or FL Studio which seem to be available for about $100.

U said use case lol

• Locked thread