Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jeez you could probably install your games directly into your RAM with 64 GB. Think how much faster they would load then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bitmap posted:

I wrap six months of non stop projects very soon and my finger is hovering over the "buy now" button on a new rig and a vive so I can take a bag of weed and disappear into no man's sky for a month and then catch up on like three years of games I missed. From highschool to about six years ago, when I still worked in IT like everybody on this dumb gay forum, I was really up to date on hardware and poo poo. Now I'm really out of the loop, and the technology in the world I have emerged into is strange and makes me uncomfortable.

I think I just want the good value skylake i5 and a 1070? I'm jumping up like 3 sockets here. All the motherboards are like GAMING X-TREME EDITIONS and good basic antec cases cost twice as much as I remember.

IMO a new rig will not recapture the magic of highschool where you had all the free time to play games and no responsibilities towards yourself and others. You might be disappointed on the money you spent when you find that most of the games that need a good computer run aren't that interesting to play for you.

But yes the i5 and 1070 are good choices

• Locked thread