Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
my computer has a core i7 processor, but i only have 8GB of RAM and it has the build in graphical card that came with the motherboard.

it still runs Fallout 4 :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bitmap posted:

welp I read a lot of stuff on the internet and apparently NMS sucks and now I dont have an excuse to buy a sweet rig so instead I bought a new avatar

i had the same feeling, only it was after getting Fallout 4. turns out it wasn't worth a new computer at all, and i could have just played some more New Vegas for a better experience. the new computer is still nice though, as i can now have an irresponsible number of tabs open in Firefox without it effecting my posting

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
for $55 you could just buy a used mini fridge on craigs list and put your entire PC in there. ultra cooling!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

Yeah boy. I'm still rocking the 2600k I got for free because I worked on it.

i bought a used computer off of an internet ad because my computer died and i needed a cheap replacement. some guy was selling his grandpas old computer for $150 and he didnt even know what the specs were just listed it as a "Lenovo computer".

once i got it home and checked out the specs i found out it was like some top tier grandpa computer. the kind of thing you could get at Best Buy for $2000 a couple years ago (but why would you unless you were a grandpa who had no idea about computers?). like, it had a Intel i7-2600k and 8GB of RAM, but only a built in OEM graphics card :psyduck:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

reallivedinosaur posted:

the built in OEM graphics card will probably run most of your games acceptably. add-on video cards are slowly becoming a niche product that you need for stuff like VR or pushing 3 4k displays, or other things the average dude doesn't do

oh yeah i have no had any problems playing any games on it. its great for emulating PS2 games and minecraft, which is CPU limited. i mostly play roguelikes anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Victory Gin?! did i wake up in a dystopian nightmare world and not realize it?

• Locked thread