Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Influence Sheet

Halcyon city was always a bit of an odd place. It was the strangest collections of buildings and monuments, old and modern, modern and new. Science and magic mix in a heady mixture. People of the world flocked to Halcyon, because of its opportunities, its openness.

Also because it was never boring.

In this case, on this day of Wednesday 17th May. Halcyon city was having an ant problem. Specifically, Ants the size of an elephant. Two of them to be exact. And much like normal ants, they were all getting up in people’s poo poo and biting.

Unfortunately, given the size of them, their bite had gone from a sharp, if inconsequential nip, to a crush and slice everything in their path chomp. This was a problem. A BIG problem. That’s where you come in! Woooo!

You’re all out and about on patrol or chilling out. But your Alliance issued communication device bleeps and buzzes you, alerting you to the danger. Looks like the AI have just given you your first mission. Oh man!

The location is the business district. A hub of bankers and well off executives, who to be honest sort of needed getting eaten anyway. But even so, its high towers, and wealthy powerful inheritance, need some rescuing. And you’re just the people for the job (probably). Especially given that you’ve been given some really positive press by the Daily Catch and Mr Drugan.

Oh look, it's Mr Drugan. - Taken at the scene of your first fight

If you gently caress this up now, in his ‘home turf’ you might as well kiss your asses goodbye, because he’s going to shred them.

Supernova
Invasion, it’s a big word. It’s a huge word. It’s a word that the humans just don’t want to hear. That’s got to be frustrating. What steps have you taken to warn those idiots and also the Alliance Initiative, who’s believing you, who’s not?

En Garde
You just can’t believe your luck! You’ve had a fight with an alien and now you’ve joined a whole team! And just look at that press! ‘Incredibly Brave’ ‘Rising star’ ‘Very cute’. God they’re showering you in the kind of praise that makes this all worth it! BUT! Who’s been talking poo poo about how you were a liability? Isn’t one of your parents working here today?

Feral
My god! It’s been so boring! After that fight, (that loving amazing fight!) it’s all been quiet. What have you been doing to kill time while waiting for a new battle? Speaking of battle, this Giant ant thing reminds you of something. What was it, and how is it important?

Aurora Angel
Your social media account has been exploding! Holy moly! It would be sooooo good if it wasn’t for the fact that you’ve fallen out with one of your friends. You don’t know what’s wrong, but they just exploded at you! What was the argument about? What are you doing to fix it?

Megumi Sakamoto
You’ve been working away hard to break into that “alien” chip thing. Obviously without much success. But you have been getting a lot of attention from something! What’s paying you some unwanted visits, and what have they damaged while you try to eject them? Also, roll me your obligations please!

Getterman Pink
Gosh, what an exciting start to the month. Things would all be going pretty well if it weren’t for a really worrying text from Jasmine. What did it say? Another portal opened! Something came through, but you’re not sure what it was. What clues did you get from the scene of the crime?

Everyon
Tell me how you arrive on the scene! The bugs are chewing through the buildings and any people they can get their mandibles on! Who or what is in the most danger from your first impression?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: 0
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 1/5

"Useless!" I shout to nobody, as I toss the drat chip across the table for the undecillionth time. Nothing I can do seems to yield anything... Maybe Supernova's right... No, I shake my head. Secret alien invasion by brainslugs? Somebody would've noticed by now.

Frustrated by a morning wasted, I take the chip and put it back into the vault, then sit back and look around the room. The team's headquarters are small, insignificant, and this lab tacked onto it is no different. I sigh, then get up and grab an undeserved afternoon snack - some sort of energy bar, likely more sugar than anything else, but it's food.

15:35 Ferg megumi obligations
15:35 Ferg !r 2d6+2
15:35 Krysmbot Ferg, 8+2 = 10
Tenshi comes crashing into my life with a crisis
Up to you ArashiMC

A knock on the door grabs my attention. Visitors? Usually the rest of the heroes are off doing patrols at this time of day... I open the door curiously, only to find a microphone shoved in my face before I can even look at who's there. Oh no... Brian Batter - self-styled "rogue journalist," always looking for a deeper scoop or hidden scandal. He's been here at least a dozen times already this week - I should've checked the external cameras before opening the door. I make a mental note never to do that again as he pushes his way into the headquarters.

"Brian, you need to leave, this place is off-limits," I state in no uncertain terms. He just ignores me, whipping out his camera and flashing pictures of various Ikea furniture that the Alliance Initiative provided. I snap my fingers and finally get his attention, "LOOK! This is all boring stuff - we barely just moved in. And if you want an interview, you know that you have to arrange it well ahead of time. What if we were trying to save people right now and you barged in and got yourself hurt?"

Brian just flashes me a smile, "Me? Hurt? You're crazy, Megumi, I'm the best beat reporter at the Catch and everybody knows it! No way am I passing on an opportunity to photograph the internal workings of the new hero group!"

I wave my hand around, "You mean this place? We only barely just finished building the desks. You'd get better pictures at Bed Bath and Beyond. Can you just... leave... for once...?"

Instead of responding, unfortunately, he suddenly gets distracted by my lab set up in the corner of the floor. "Oh!" he shouts, rushing towards it, with my angrily chasing behind him. He grabs at one of my tools in an attempt to look closely - a customized circuit tester that works on multiple subatomic frequencies - and it snaps in half. "Are you kidding me?" I shout, as I grab it out of his hands and glare daggers at him, "This costs more than your house! It took me a month to build right - A MONTH!"

He backs away quickly, stuttering out a brief apology, "S-sorry Megumi! I was just trying to see what you were up to!" He bolts for the door as I shout after him, "Schedule! An! Interview!"

I slam the door behind him, then look down at my poor, broken circuit tester. I still can remember building it together with my brother... sigh. I throw it into the trash and finish my snack bar, already planning out how I was going to get materials to build another. A buzz to my ear, however, interrupts my thoughts. Oh dear... giant ants? "I'm on my way," I alert the rest of my team.

I bolt out the door, locking it behind me, and notice Brian loitering around outside, snapping more photos of the HQ. I point to him, then at his scooter, "Buckle up, Batter, I need a ride."

--

Batter and I roll up to the downtown plaza, where two massive ants are currently taking alternating turns chewing on a hopefully abandoned city bus lying on its side. Most of the civilians seem to have run away, but I can see a few trapped in their cars near to the ants - afraid to move most likely. I hop off the scooter, then turn and give Batter a look, "I know you aren't going to leave, but please, stay at a safe distance, okay?" I turn back to the ants, then continue under my breath, "Don't want to have to save you too."

Okay, hero time. Not that I'm actually going to stand any chance of fighting these guys toe-to-toe... no, that'll have to wait for Feral's participation.

16:07 Ferg megumi assess
16:07 Ferg !r 2d6+1
16:07 Krysmbot Ferg, 3+1 = 4
16:07 Ferg haaaaaaa
Hard Move
Marking potential

From this distance, it's no use. I'll need to get closer...

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 20, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Freak: +2 | Danger: +23 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1-2
Potential: 0/5

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Feral
My god! It’s been so boring! After that fight, (that loving amazing fight!) it’s all been quiet. What have you been doing to kill time while waiting for a new battle?

"What is this bullshit? Why the hell would Antonio not know he had a twin brother? And now Gabriela has amnesia from the stress of finding out she was sleeping with the twin? Javier and Silvia are planning to kill each other in that abandoned mine over the inheritance and this is what we cut to? Oh my god, this show is the worst!"

I've been watching some tv I guess? The new base has a pretty boss rec room and we get all kinds of channels, and when I'm not urgently avoiding doing schoolwork or working out (the gym has some pretty good equipment, stuff I can use without breaking which is nice) I've been catching up on a couple decades of shows. Don't get it twisted, I complain and throw popcorn because trashy telenovela poo poo gives me life. Vivian won't let me watch them at his place, he gets too emotional about his shipping matrix or whatever and it ruins his aura of imperturbable smugness, so chilling on the couch is a decent substitute for desperate life or death struggles.

quote:

Speaking of battle, this Giant ant thing reminds you of something. What was it, and how is it important?

Turns out the TV screen can be overridden by the alarm system though. It's showing footage of enormous insects which, wow, takes me back to some of the stranger projects Maelstrom had going while I was...with them. They were old-school mad science types so huge atomic ants would be right up their alley, but that's not what's important right now. What is important is that I make sure I clean away all my snacks before I go out to fight - leaving popcorn lying around is how you get ants, and we have enough of them downtown. Haha, I gotta remember to use that line later.

Oh yeah, and make sure that AI know there's a possible radioactive contamination risk with these ants. That's important too.

quote:

Tell me how you arrive on the scene! The bugs are chewing through the buildings and any people they can get their mandibles on! Who or what is in the most danger from your first impression?

Traffic in Halcyon stands still when there's a cape fight on, so it's quicker for me to run over. I'm not speedster fast, but I can make pretty good time on foot. Even so, looks like Megumi beat me here on a little scooter - she must have left while I was sweeping up crumbs. And she's got that journalist with her, B-something...Ben? He's going to get some good shots of me wrecking formic face, which I appreciate. The rest of the team must be close, but these ants have gotta go! I flash a toothy grin at them as I run past, gather myself and jump onto the facade of 1st Mutual Insurance Society, pull the giant metal '1' out of the sign, and then make a huge leap over to an ant, bringing the number down like a sledgehammer on it's head.

Who's in danger here? Uh...the ants, buddy. I AM the danger.

thatbastardken directly engaging a threat, punch everyone (danger UP, mundane DOWN)
thatbastardken .roll 2d6+3
Platonibot thatbastardken: 9 (2d6+3=3, 3)

Also tagging In a China Shop: When you directly engage a threat, you can cause significant collateral damage to your environment to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

Choosing to resist their blows and create an opportunity for my allies

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0

As if the invasion that was going on wasn't bad enough, the message crystal I got from the Vreil confirmed a much worse situation. They're planning on a full scale invasion, bringing in at least a full swarm, instead of slowly converting the population in secret. Probably because I've sort of exposed them. I've tried warning these stupid humans about what it means, that they'll need to setup proper space defenses, and work on eradicating the Dramara here as fast as they can, but since most of them were too stupid or afraid to believe me the first time my more severe warnings aren't convincing anyone else.

The Horned Lady believes me, obviously, and a few of the other heroes are at least willing to believe I might be right, which is some help... But basically nothing has changed. I need to keep being heroic and saving people enough that humans will believe what I'm saying! The incoming alert from the AI letting me know about the giant insectoids is good news, because apparently this Mr. Drugan is the lord of the fief-section of the city we'll be fighting in, and helping him out might win him over to believe me!

I was sitting in my ship when the alert came in, tinkering with my long range communicator, but I quickly leave that aside and pull out my Solar Sailboard and launch off on it. Moments later, I'm soaring over the city, leaving a bright contrail of solar emissions behind me as I streak to the scene of the ant's carnage. And Feral's carnage. We don't want to damage the city too much though, at least not Drugan's part! "Feral, please try not to destroy the city while we save it." I call out to her as I soar past, solar energy building up inside the sail to speed me faster and faster forward, looking around the ant she just hit to come at it from the front, and as I pass by on the return arc, I slice out with my sword at one of the large bulby eyes.

"Where is everyone anyway? Megumi, what sort of strengths and weaknesses do 'ants' have?"

<godfish> directly engage giant ant, using kirby craft
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3+2 = 5
<godfish> a good start

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1

Aww Rose Black! What did I even do wrong? I just quite these stupid sessions because everyone always looked at me so mean, and then you just say all these mean things and my fans learn about it and be mean to her and aaaaaaaaah.
I got to talk to her about this. I'm sure it'll be fine once I talk to her but now this happened and...

Uhh... uhh... none of these things are nice at all! These ants are like, eating buildings! And... people! We've got to stop them! But first, we've got to get there. Pink and me, I mean. Was just an ordinary day when we suddenly got a alarm saying huge icky ants are eating things! So I just picked her up because the thing said she was close by. Apparently she was doing some investigating but I just picked her up. Well technically more like drive-by kidnapping but hey she knows it's more important!!

Anyway, now that we're on the crime scene, I drop her off and immediately fly off again! There are civilians on the ground and they're going to get eaten by ants if I don't do anything! Aaaaaaaaaaaah I can't let that happen!

Defending Civilians: 2d6+2 8 exposing myself to danger to save some civvies! Also, taking influence over the civvies (or at least one of the important ones)

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 6, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1| Mundane: +2

"--cos I tell you folks if the greatest hope for the city is an illegal immigrant alien the daughter of a washed up has been who only got a job thanks to family connections and some chick with a sword who only got in on an affirmative action ticket then the future looks very dark. I mean take this On Guard chick or however you pronounce it that all the mainstream media are slavering over. All she's got is a sword. I'm sure that'll be handy if she's battling captain caveman with his club but this is the new millennium folks, disgruntled scientists with high tech weaponry, super powered mercenaries with a grudge aren't going to intimidated by fancy aerobics and a bit of rusty old metal." the radio was playing as she worked out.

You know generally the press seemed to like me. I'm not sure why. I mean I more than held my own but calling me things like "Incredibly brave" and "a rising star" was probably a bit much. After all Feral had done most of the heavy lifting and Supernova was organising everything shouldn't they have got the credit. I'm not sure about the cute thing though. I mean I'm glad people like me but "cute" is something you'd call someone's little sister. Aww isn't it cute the way she tries to be a hero. It's patronising crap. I mean I've sweated and fought to get this far. Still it could be worse I suppose. The only news outlet that does have it in for me is this jerk. But I suppose I should take it as a badge of honour. If Greg Johnson didn't like you then that put me in some pretty distinguished company.

But yeah I'd just been working up quite a sweat. Practice Practice Practice. Who was the really old guy who said "I fear not the guy who has practised 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practised one kick 10,000 times." You had to train your body and reflexes to react instinctively otherwise you might be a second too slow. And then people get hurt. I wasn't going to let that happen if I had anything to say about it. Especially if Supernova was right about what might be coming. I'd need to be on top form for that. "--she's a total liability who'll only get herself killed or distract real heroes from doing their job." I was just finishing up and towelling myself off when my fancy communicator went off.

Giant Ants? well that's a new one on me. Still the bigger they are the easier they'll be to hit right? I hurriedly pulled on my costume and ran for the garage in the base where my scooter was being stored. I'd wanted a motorcycle but apparently the paperwork for those would take months. not to mention I'd need someone to show me how to drive it properly. Samson could probably do it but he was busy with his own stuff and I didn't like to keep imposing on him he'd done enough already. So I kicked the scooter into gear and headed for the action.

Actually I suppose scooters aren't that bad. At least I could weave in and out of traffic fairly easily and I skidded to a halt not far behind Megumi and whoever that other guy was that she had in tow who scrambled for cover. Ok ok, financial district should be fairly crowded today, lots of very valuable people.... poo poo wait, didn't dad say he had a meeting here? something about obtaining insurance for some new development. I was too busy reading the papers about my heroics to pay too much attention. But I'm sure he said it was today. Crap, crap crap. Oh well there's nothing much I can accomplish by worrying I'll just have to keep an eye out and hope he's ok. Okay where could I do the most good here.

[15:26] Ferrosol assessing the situation
[15:26] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[15:26] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12+1 = 13
[15:26] Cutebagels rubs the chat
[15:26] Ferrosol assessed the poo poo out of that
[15:26] Cutebagels MY RUBBING HELPED
What here is in the greatest danger? Who here is most vulnerable to me?

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Freak: -1 | Danger: 0 +3 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +3 0
Conditions: | Potential:

I got a notice about a possible rift location; so of course I sneak out of the school, after all algebra is just so boring and not really any different than my world. Using my skills in gymnastics, the school is now my playground, however...that is not the time anymore; I change into my uniform in the washroom. Getterman Pink is now on the case! (using The Mask to switch Mundane and Danger for the session.) I am on the third floor though and it'd be too precarious to sneak all the way down to the first floor to escape; but...yes! There is a window open! Just my luck! I grab my baton and aim carefully, launching its grappling hook out onto the lamp post near the school's gate. I jump out of the window and swing out down towards the street below, when I am heading back upwards, I release the hook at the right moment and continue my momentum with my hoverboard coming out and my feet latching on I head towards the location of the supposed rift location.

When I arrived I got a text that has the most familiar of message sounds. It was Jasmine, now what could she possibly want?

The Death card is laid upright, followed by the 10 of swords; a major change is going to happen. My mind can see it; He comes

Well that isn't really bright nor cheerful, maybe I should change her ringtone. Oh well...I am here and I got work to do. I quickly find some scraps with ancient writing on them, and burn marks that I take pictures of. There is also writing in an ancient tongue on the ground in glowing white letters. I take pictures of as much of the letters before they fade, maybe it'll help me understand the rift I came from. As I finish and store the scraps of paper I look up and there is Aurora Angel smiling; as she comes down and yanks me off the ground, I am glad my clothing is made of really durable stuff or else there woulda been a lot more to see than me getting Kidnaped by Aurora Angel. Eventually she explains whats going on and then kicks me off to the ground below.

The ants are big and uggggggly! They are almost as ugly as that old woman who Getterman seemed to always have an interest in. JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT AS MATURE AS HER DOESN'T MEAN YOU NEED TO SLOBBER ABOUT HER YOU OAF! JUST BECAUSE SHE WEARS SUCH REVEALING OUTFITS! UGH! A-ahem...anyways I get ready with my baton and I launch a fire work at them just to get their attention to stop eating the buildings.

quote:

Cutebagels assessing the sitiation
Cutebagels .roll 2d6+1
Platonibot Cutebagels: 7 (2d6+1=2, 4)
How can I quickly end this situation

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 20, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Human Slaves! In an Insect Nation!

Supernova Swings her blade as she leans down to attack the ant. But you were not expecting their armour to be quite so thick, or for their strange head sticks to be so nimble, blade and ant collide and you find the impact knock you from your Sailboard! Your naturally hardy form absorbs the landing, but your board continues on it's flight path until it smashes through the window of one of the buildings! You're probably going to want to go and get that back... huh, Isn't that the logo of the company that keeps sponsoring adverts talking poo poo about you? Huh, well that's not going to go down well...!

Supernova is separated from her kirby craft! Oh no!

Feral started swinging at the closest Ant, giving it a swift uppercut while it attempted to work out what the hero was with its antenni. It flinched backwards, and...hissed? It seemed to be execrating some kind of gas? The other Ant starts moving in an agitated manner. Off to the left, the concrete bowed upwards, as though something big was trying to break it's way out from below! Could there be more of them?

Well anyway, Feral's wild swings starts breaking the buildings around her, sending big lumps of concrete rocketing into the air. Raining down on the nearby people who are running for their lives! Oops.

Aurora quickly swoops in and starts scooping them up and depositing them at a safe distance. One of them you swipe up right out of an Ant's jaws! He's an asian looking business man. Somewhat ruffled by the whole experience, covered in concrete dust, and bleeding a little from where the Ant bust through the wall. He thanks you with a reserved nod. But there's a glimmer of respect in those steely eyes. Maybe you should find out who he is later on. For right now you've got more people to save! Unfortunately as Aurora flys back in she's focusing too much on the people, and one rock from Feral's attack bounces off of one of the Ants, and then smacks her right in the face!

...OOOPS...

Aurora, take a powerful blow! In addition Influence gained on Mr Nishimura, an important deal maker in the business world.

quote:

Getterman Pink
How can I quickly end this situation

Looking at these things, Getterman Pink comes to a simple conclusion, ether destroying, or maybe reversing whatever caused these ants to go so big would be a good idea. Ant's can't naturally grow this big, after all, they'd collapse under the weight of their own exoskeleton. So there has got to be someone else involved here! Maybe if you can find and stop them then this could be brought to and end fast!

Looking about there are a few buildings that would be of interest. Very important financial centres and the like. But, let's be honest here. It's got to be to do with Fission Labs Headquarters. It's ALWAYS the science labs!

quote:

En Garde
What here is in the greatest danger?

Looking about, En Garde notices one of the Ants seems to be focusing on one building in particular, Fission Labs Headquarters... Hmmm, It strikes you that you've heard that name before, it's got a certain familiar sound to it... just like... your father's voice.

Oh
Oh dear.

Something on the upper floors goes BOOM!! Glass rains down. poo poo! poo poo!

quote:

Who here is most vulnerable to me?

The Ants start to move into a defensive pattern. But their weak points are even more obvious then that idiot The Purifier. Joints where the armour plates meet and on the limbs. There does seem to be a little device on the backs of their heads. Maybe that's some kind of control device?

Elsewhere, the whole scene appears to be absolute chaos, and even for a mind a magnificent as Megumi's struggles to make sense of it all. But it wasn't all that surprising. It's a lot easier to read the data from the safety of a boardroom then it is in the middle of the chaos. You can almost hear the laughter of your parents echoing in your ear. The voice of your brother saying your name again and again. A hand on your shoulder, so comfortingly familiar in it's callouses.

Wait, what?

Megumi turns to find herself face to face with her brother! Out here! In broad daylight! In front of the whole team!

"I need your help." He said, and looks towards the building. The building that everyone else seems to be focusing on. Of course.

Megumi take a powerful blow

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Aug 22, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Phew. That was too close! Waaaay to close. That poor guy almost got eaten! Thank god I arrived in time!

"Are you okay, Mister? I'll drop you off right here! Got to go back for the others!" I tell the Japanese business man as I do exactly that.

Flying backwards, the building crumbles even more, and hold on why is it suddenly so daaaark oh nonononono...

*clang*

Too close! That was too close... if I hadn't managed to bat it aside... eeep... Okay, okay, Aurora, you can do this! It's just a bunch of stupid ants! Ants the size of a building and with jaws that can eat said buildings and aaaaaaaaah.

No, got to focus. Just got to go get as many civilians out of there as I can! Don't worry, everyone! I'm coming! Go Thunderbirrrrrrd Go!!!

Take a Powerful Blow: 2d6 6 Yiss

Defending more Civilians: 2d6+2 12 Yissssssss x2. Adding a Team to the pool and taking more influence on more civilians!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 27, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Potential: 3/5

The action (i.e. Feral and Supernova) quickly arrives, and my teammates leap into action to beat the stuffing out of the ants, while I stand here moderately useless. I was trained how to fight, like, guys with guns and swords - not super-sized insects! Okay - let's put the pieces together: big ants, Fission Labs HQ... okay, a two-piece puzzle is basically the easiest kind in existence. I tap the comm, "Fission Labs, must be some sort of radioactive testing these ants wandered in to... or possibly intentional. Either way - we're lucky they're just two. Weaknesses... legs, most likely. Or a giant foot. Uh... over."

I really need to stop trying to throw jokes in with my analysis. I take a second and hang my head to clear it, trying to shake off the feeling of uselessness. My parents' voices for some reason come to mind, laughing at me, shouting my name... and suddenly I hear it in real life! I whip around and come face to face with... Tenshi!

10:48 Ferg megumi take a powerful blow
10:48 Ferg !r 2d6
10:48 Krysmbot Ferg, 3 = 3
10:48 Ferg huzzah!
Marking potential

I stand speechless, a mixture of joy and horror filling me. He's here! Now I can save him... right? Or have my parents set all this up to laugh at me more? Or... is he... unleashed right now? I study his face, probing, trying to make sense of it all.

13:22 Ferg megumi pierce tenshi's mask
13:22 Ferg !r 2d6
Krysmbot Ferg, 6 = 6
Hard Move
Marking potential
Wrong side of the tracks, asking: What are you really planning? - i.e. is he here of his own free will, or is something deeper with my parents going on?

I stutter for a second, but shake my head and nod, "Tenshi... of course I'll help!"

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 23, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Freak: +2 | Danger: +23 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -1-2

Uh...wow, they really don't build these skyscrapers to any kind of reasonable standard, do they? I guess I'll have to be a little less enthusiastic? I'm just about to make a sarcastic comment to Supernova about her nagging me when the other ant knocks her off her space-board - I can't see if she's hurt but I'm not waiting to find out. I kick the ant I'm fighting (Anttony) in one of it's leg joints and use the moment of distraction to dash over and grab the other one (Antimony) by it's antenna and drag those giant pincers away from my favorite alien:

thatbastardken rolling to defend supernova from ants (bulls heart, Defender)
thatbastardken .roll 2d6+4
Platonibot thatbastardken: 7 (2d6+4=1, 2)
thatbastardken haha wow, needed everything I had there

Adding a Team to the pool

Exposing myself to danger

Of course, now the business end of both ants is looking my way - are they angry? How would I even tell? That gas...is it going to be acidic or flammable? Whatever, I need to focus on wrestling this critter and not get distr- oh hey she's watching me! I grin at her like I'm not wrangling a 6 ton insect.

"Hey, fearless leader! You OK? You look good. I mean, not injured or anything."

Yeah Feral, you're a real smooth talker. Megumi comes over the radio to talk about Fission Labs and I'd like to point out that I called it, but I can't transmit without letting go of this ant. Being a hero is a real drag sometimes.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Oh no! I stare at the window in horror as I float harmlessly above the ground, and then visibly relax. Oh good, it only hit glass, that won't damage it at all. It'd regenerate even if it'd hit something hard that it might break on, but that'd be a pain. I'll get that back later, for now, need to focus on these ants. "Anyone have a giant foot? ...No?" I fly a bit to adjust my position and see Feral charge from one ant to the other, grabbing it's antenna, then turn to face me. I grin, it's always nice to be complimented, even if it is true. "No need to worry." I give her a brief wave to show I'm fine.

"Feral, get ready to jump." I reach into the trans-dimensional pocket I keep most of my weapons in, and pull out a small device, fiddle with the controls on the side for a bit, and drop it onto the ground between the two ants. "Jump!" The device activates as soon as it hits the ground, and the concrete of the ground starts to - to your human eyes it'd look like it was boiling, but it's really just turning into a half liquid half solid state, something like earth quicksand. The ants, and anyone left inside the field - carefully calibrated to be just wider than the space the two ants are taking up - will be completely trapped. Since the ants are so large, they'll sink down to just above their bodies, which will limit their fighting capabilities rather drastically!

<godfish> unleash on ants
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+2 = 8
reshaping the environment

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Conditions: | Potential:

Getterman pink rushes over to the Fissions lab - if there was the easier option to ending this quickly; it would be the scientists. She pushes open the door and yells out "HEY! Who can miniaturize these giant bugs outside that are sorta eating the city?!" Of course everyone is started that some masked girl just rushed in to demand them to miniaturize the giant bugs but she really hopes that they would understand the import of this. She wasn't a strong fighter and she knew it, so the best way in her mind was to go after the scientists and get their help.

quote:

Cutebagels Provoking scientists to do what I want.
Cutebagels .roll 2d6+1
Platonibot Cutebagels: 7 (2d6+1=4, 2)

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"EVERYONE." I yelled into my communicator "There's some sort of control chip embedded in the ants neck. Take that out and it might stop them rampaging through the city!" It's times like this I wish I did have some sort of superpower. Or at least a grappling hook or something so I can get up there. Still if I can't get up to them maybe I can bring them down to my level. Ants aren't meant to be that size and if I go for the knee joints or whatever ants have inside knees maybe I could bring them down. Time for a spot of pest control... With a roar I raised my sword over my head and leapt for the knee joint.

Ferrosol Standing strong under ant attack
Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot Ferrosol, 3+2 = 5
Ferrosol rip
the antagonist wins
ioh well marking potential at least

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Outside

As the ants sink down into the floor, they make an attempt to bite at their aggressors. Obviously this puts Supernova in the firing line. Thank goodness Feral is there to pull her rear end out of the fire, or mandibles in this case. The pointy jaws only just miss latching onto her head! Awesome job! But as En Garde charges in to attack the legs, both she and Feral realise they two are sinking into the concrete! This would be less of a problem if there weren't two very big, very unhappy ants right next to them.

Yay!

[Supernova - Chose to ether mark condition, or the effect is temporary or unstable]

[En Garde - You're trapped! Oh no! And it's all Supernova's fault! Mark Angry!]

Megumi struggles to read her brothers motivation. But he looks rough... as though he's been out of the street for a few days. Could he actually have escaped? Be here under his own free will?! Do you even dare to hope? He smiles as you confirm your willingness, his shoulders sagging a little.

"There's something in that labs, something I need. A device they've made for Father. I need it. Before He gets it. Understand?" He puts his hand on your shoulder. You've missed that firm touch haven't you? "I was going to make my move, but someone's got in there before me. They're the one who's unleashed the Ants."

The concrete bows again, you swear you can see an ant leg stick out for a moment. Oh god. There's more of them! It won't be long before they're through and onto the street! Who knows how many more of them there could be down there!

[Megumi - Mark Afraid!]

Inside

The scientist you point at looks annoyed. Offended even. He brings himself up to his full (admittedly unimpressive) height. Pointing at Getterman Pink with a stubby finger, yellowed from too many cigarettes.

"How dare you! Who do you think you are?! Another costumed weirdo, I bet! Well I'm not going to tell you where the experimental shrink ray is stored! Besides, with the elevators out, you'd never make it to basement lap level 2!" He declairs smugly. The room goes silent, while the faint sounds of people attempting to punch Ants can be heard outside.

"Great going, Jerry." Pipes up one of the others. Jerry's eyes snap open as he realises what he just said.

So, basement lab level 2 can be accessed through the elevators, and there's a shrink ray down there, huh?

[Getterman Pink - Gain influence on Jerry - Fusion Lab scientist]

Meanwhile Aurora grabs her third batch of people! Great going! Now if only you could do something about the actual problem. But, the others surely have got it all under control. Oh hey! You recognise this guy! He works for that other dude you saved down at the docks! The rich one! You can see him pulling out a phone as you land him. Maybe he's even reporting what you've just done to his boss!

[Aurora - Gain influence on Two Bit Tony, one of Mr Drugan's subordinates. There are no more people to save atm. Please do something else so I don't have to keep making business people up that are important :p ]

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Dropping off the last civilian in danger, I can finally return to the battle. After all, everyone's safe! Hooray!

Well... uh, apart from my teammates. Why is the ground liquid? Just what did I miss while I was busy getting people out of danger?

Darting right in between the ants, I snatch up En Garde and Feral as I weave through the bite attempts like it's no big deal! I turn around to give them a huge smile as they now safely sit on the Thunderbird.

"Hehe, looks like you got yourself into a sticky situation! Good thing I'm here! I just got all of the civilians in direct danger to safety. Where do you guys wanna go? Aurora Airlines will bring you there~"

Unleashing my powers to un-quickconcrete my teammates: 2d6+1 11 (Arashi argued this is a Defend roll, so this is instead a 12 and I'll take Influence on Feral.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 27, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Conditions: | Potential: 1/5

The bickering starts when Jerry inadvertantly tells her the information that she needs; that they have a shrink ray and that they have it in level two of the basements She bows at the group of scientists "Thanks for telling me Jerry, I appreciate it! I will bring it back in a bit after the ants have been dealt with!" she waves and runs off to the elevator to Level 2 in the basement. She stands still as it goes down, runnning off as soon as it gets to Level 2 and rushes off to the lab. She grabs the Shrink Ray and smiles and waves "Thanks everyone, Jerry told me its here, I need to get going to save the City!" she says and rushes off to the elevator again to get back out to fire at the giant ants.

As she stands in the elevator she studies the machine and its workings to figure out how to work it. Upon getting to the ground level she runs out towards the door. She runs out the door takes aim at the ants and nothing...dangit. She runs back in and yells out "Hey Jerry how do I use this thing to fire at the ants?"

quote:

Cutebagels Unleashing my powers
Cutebagels .roll 2d6-1
Platonibot Cutebagels: 2 (2d6-1=1, 2)
Cutebagels Woot!
Cutebagels I get a point

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Whoa! "Thanks Feral!" I turn around to grace her with a smile, but instead I see her and En Garde sinking into the quickcrete and let out an irritated sigh. Come on, I did warn then... Starting to swoop down to rescue them, I pull up when Aurora gets there first. Nice!

The ground doesn't seem to be stabilizing like I thought it would, did I get the material makeup of it wrong? That'll be trouble for the team... "You two can stand on the ants safely!" I call down to them, then soar upwards to check out the battle again. "Who are you talking to Megumi? Pink, what's that thing you've got?" It doesn't look like her normal things.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Conditions: | Potential: 1/5

She looks around for a second, trying to figure out who was calling out to her. She spins a few times before she gets a tad busy and she looks up at Supernova. "Hey superNova! It's a shrink ray; if we can simply turn these things small they should be no problem!" She says, using her strength to toss it up to Supernova "See if you can figure it out, I'm not really good with machines! Sorry if its a bit heavy!"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I catch the thing easily, and give it a curious look over. A shrink ray... that would be useful here. But what would be more useful would be a genetic-chained shrink ray! One shot would hit every ant in the area and shrink them, without effecting anything else!

I pry open the casing on the side by the muzzle and slap a few pieces of compressed crystal circuits into the wiring and jam the case back on. "There we go!" I take aim at the nearest ant and fire!

Alien tech, I got a five. It works but has an unexpected side effect!

(Also went for unstable for quickcrete)

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Freak: +2 | Danger: +3 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2

Huh...I'm in the air now. Looks like Angel decided to rescue me...I had everything under control though. It's the thought that counts I guess?

"Uh, thanks! The view from up here is pretty good, isn't it?"

In fact, I think I can see the control chip En Garde was talking about in that ant's neck...

"Hey, check this out!"

I jump of the Angel-mobile and down on to the back of Ant-tony like an awesome meteor, smashing my fist into the control mechanism. The impact is probably not going to do the street any good, but frankly it was already full of giant ants and no-one is going to be able to prove a thing.

Directly Engaging Ants (to impress supernova): 2d6+4 7

Tagging In A China Shop to get a second option

Taking something from the opposition (Control chip)

Surprising, frightening or Impressing the opposition

When the smoke clears I'm going to look so cool.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

poo poo poo poo poo poo, I wish she'd learn to aim. My fighting style depends on me being able to you know move! Still luckily Aurora was there to pull us out. " Thanks," I said looking up to her. Only to miss feral do something crazy or something awesome. Or possibly something crazyawesome and jump down on the back of the ant and start punching. "holy...." lost for words "can you put me down on top of the other and maybe we can take out that one if Supernova doesn't stick us to the ground again"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Nonono, Feral! If I save you from something you're not supposed to jump right back into it! That's something wild animals do. Because they're silly!

Oh, it appears to be working. Whatever it is. Looks cool too! Anyway, moving on...

"Got you covered!~"

Cruising over to the other ant, I slow down to a crawl so En Garde can jump off and onto the ant before quickly reaccelerating and returning to circling the ants.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

There's so much going on - and usually I can process it all like a champ. But Tenshi's presence is definitely throwing me for a loop. Everything seems to be moving in fast forward as I jog behind Tenshi toward Fission Labs - my teammates are handling the two ants like champs, and Pink even managed to find some sort of shrink ray. However, they seem to have not noticed the third ant climbing out from beneath the building on the other side. "More ants incoming, Team. If it's a nest... well, we definitely will need more than a shrink ray. We need to stop whatever's making these things big. Oh... and, uh, this is my brother, Tenshi."

Great analysis, Megumi, I chastise myself. I need to get my head back in the game. I turn to Tenshi, "Who?! Who is doing this? What do you need?" So many questions, but it's not like Tenshi to answer them - at least, not directly. He was always the silent one around the house... and now I'm not even sure he's in his right mind. But he does seem to be free on Father and Mother's influence... I need to use that to my advantage. Of course, being sensitive has never been my strong suit. Still, I reach out a hand to put it on Tenshi's shoulder, trying to get him to confide in me. This better work...

10:50 Ferg megumi comfort tenshi
10:50 Ferg .roll 2d6
10:50 Platonibot Ferg: 7 (2d6=3, 4)
Tenshi hears me and can mark potential, clear a condition, or shift Labels if he opens up to me

"Hey, it's really good to see you again. We can figure this out, together. You can trust me - I'm here for you."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
SCIENCE!

As Supernova raised the shrink ray! Ready to fire! That's when Jerry comes sprinting out of the place, holding aloft what looks to be a part of the gun.

"Wait!" He calls "You forgot the focus emitter!"

You briefly wonder what that was for, when you pull the trigger. And a burst of energy spreads out wide, like an explosion with you at the centre. For a moment, nothing happens! Then?

Then EVERYTHING shrinks!

You!
The Ants!
The buildings!
The whole financial district shrinks down until it's about the size of a lego playset! Well at least the Ants are normal sized now! Pity you're even smaller! So the situation hasn't really changed all that much. Meanwhile Feral manages to smash the control chip off of the first ant, and it bucks wildly, it's natural insect instincts kicking in. En Garde lands on the other with Aurora's help. Across the way, the ants finally break through. These one's don't have chips though, so they seem more confused, and a little more passive. Better hope these two you're already fighting don't send out an attack pheromone! That said, Getterman Pink is the closest too them, and they immediately start trying to identify her with their anteni!

Tenshi Grabs hold of Megumi A tight hold, a hug, he almost seems to envelope her in his massive form. But the affection seems genuine. Apparently Megumi has a brother? Wait... isn't he that dude who killed a lot of people... like A LOT of people?

"My dear sister. The man doing this is Servo. A Mechnophile. He loves technology over all other things. The object he's their to steal is right at the bottom level of the labs. Basement level 5. If he gets his hands on it, there may be little we can do. It's an experimental substance, a nano-swarm. They're harmless to living things right now. But with his talents he could make them akin to a locust swarm! We have to stop him!"

All right guys, what do you do?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Servo?! Nanoswarms?! This could be... really really really bad!

"Guys, we gotta get down to basement level 5. The ants are just a cover for some guy named Servo. Nanoswarms, I - I don't have time to explain. Death cloud of bad poo poo. Uh.... yeah."

I take off running to the building, Tenshi in tow. I rush past some scientist yelling something at the other heroes - whatever it is, it's nowhere near as important as this is. I gotta stop Servo!

Action pleaaaaaase

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hahaha, everyone's so tiny! They look so cute. Hey, hold on. I'm tiny too! ... EVERYTHING is! What the hell? Hey, hey wait! No don't eat Chibi-Pink, you dumb ants!

Quickly, I dart down and try to snatch up Chibi-Pink!

Defending Chibi-Pink: 2d6+2 6

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Alright, that's got this ant a little more docile. But it sounds like the real threat is under the ground, at least if Megumi is right. Worth checking out, I guess. Either way, I'm going to ride down in style.

"Stop stressing, braniac. I'm on it."

Unleashing powers: 2d6+2 9

overcoming an obstacle (the distance between me and level 5) by controlling the ant.

please let me know how this condition is unstable or temporary

Grabbing Ant-tony by the antennae and standing on his neck I drive him over to the hole the other ants are coming out of and down the tunnel. Kind wishing I had a bullwhip or something, this situation calls for cowboy antics.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Conditions: | Potential: 1/5 | Location: The Anime in Your Pocket

She watched as it felt like the skyscrapers grew taller and taller! Wow that's neat! Oh, hey! The parked cars are getting taller...oh wait...they aren't getting taller! She's getting smaller! She watches aurora fly over trying to grab her and missing entirely. She looks at Supernova and thrusts her firsts down angrily, ignoring the ant coming at her "Supernova! I thought you said you had it taken care of!" She huffs as she turns around and smacks the ant as hard as she can, sending it flying backwards "AND YOU! BITING SKYSCRAPERS AND PEOPLE IS BAD! GO HOME AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DID!"

quote:

Scarybagels .roll 2d6+3 direct engage!
Platonibot Scarybagels: direct engage!: 11 (2d6+3=6, 2)
Going to avoid blows and going to frighten the ant.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

....Uh oh. Why would humans build a shrink ray that doesn't have the ability to be aimed?! I guess I should be happy that the entire area around us is tiny now, and not just us or something! I fly over to the scientist looking guy who was yelling about something or another and grab the part out of his hands. "Why didn't you put this together properly in the first place?!" I glare at him, then fly away again, getting up and out of range of the ants, and look closer at the device.

I think it fried itself after my modification, that used way more power than it was capable of handling, being only earth technology. But there might be a solution! I fly over to Megumi and her brother. Huh, Megumi has a brother! Interesting. I give him a careful look over as I approach, but he doesn't look anywhere near as impressive, regal or attractive as Megumi does. Floating alongside them as they run, I nod politely at him. "Hello." Then I focus on Megumi. "Megumi, you're super smart, can you make this device work in reverse? Also it's broken." I hold the two parts of the shrink ray out to her. "I can fly you two down faster if you fix this as we go."

<godfish> provoke Megumi
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 2+2 = 4

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Supernova swoops by, offering a helping hand if I can fix up the... shrink ray?! I suddenly look around... oh god - the entire block has been shrunken down - and I didn't even notice! I shake my head, I'm missing so much - Tenshi's presence is clearly throwing me off. But how could I even live with myself if I didn't try to help him. This might be my only chance to free him of my parents' influence! And, of course, stopping whatever Servo plans to do with the nanoswarms. Oh... and look good in front of Batter. So much to do - so little time! Well... first things first, as they say.

I snatch the split shrink ray from Supernova - whose plead for help just makes her look adorable, by the way - and nod my head, "You got it, Supe." I take a brief look at both as I hop on the Kirby-craft. Yeah... I think I can do this...

09:31 Ferg Megumi unleash to fix the shrink ray
09:32 Ferg !r 2d6+1
09:32 Krysmbot Ferg, 9+1 = 10
09:32 nil_ fix that shrink ray!
09:32 Ferg *takes a bow*
Overcoming the obstacle of the drat thing being broken, and reversing it!

The fix actually turned out to be really easy. The focus emitter snaps right into place after I clear the ventilation chamber and realign the vertical flanges on the housing. I flip the unit around, noting some interesting design choices on the control mechanism - typical Fusion Labs cookie cutter design work. No, if I had some spare time, I'd retool this entire section, and probably align a slimmer housing to provide a better rate of diffusion - and make the drat thing easier to aim as well.... Hmm...

Lost in thought, I barely notice as Supernova dives her vehicle into Fusion Labs, darting down to the sub-basement... and our confrontation with Servo...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Dammit what is it today and people not being able to aim! Yeah fantastic you've shrunk the ants but you've also shrunk the rest of us you idiot. Wait a minute, I'm on the back of a giant ant. Although if the Ant has been shrunk back to it's regular size is still giant? Maybe it's a miniature giant ant., Nah that would be stupid. Anyway distracting questions of biology aside I have just had the craziest stupidest most awesome idea I'll ever have in my life. At least I hope I won't come up with anything this stupid and crazy again. Attack of the ant cavalry go! I can use my sword as a goad to hopefully point it in more or less the right direction and maybe I can goad it into attacking whoever is behind this catastrophe turnabout is fair play after all.

[01:10] Ferrosol unleashing powers to reshape enviroment
[01:10] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[01:10] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4-1 = 3
[01:10] Ferrosol rip
not sure if this is the right thing to roll but I'm willing to change it if its wrong

Of course it might help if I had any idea how to steer or a saddle to hold onto it's back.. Still I've rode horses, how hard can this be?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
En Garde - I'd normally say roll Provoke for this one. As you're trying to goad an ant into action. Okay, a sword isn't exactly words, but Ants don't understand words. However Feral has already established Unleash is the go to Ant wrangling move. Hope you enjoy the ride! Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

- - -

Attack of the significantly smaller then 50 foot ants

Aurora makes her attempts to save Getterman Pink only to be snatched out of the air herself! The ant locks it's mandibles around her and pulls her to the concrete! Her attempts to escape only seem to anger it! As it thrashes about to stop Aurora's struggling!

[Aurora - Mark Afraid]

Getterman pink Punks another ant in the face, and it rears back, confused and clearly a little afraid. It's tiny ant mind, tires to work out what's going on. And why the smelly wriggling thing just smacked it in the face! You watch as it seems to start shaking it's big Ant booty. The hole erupts into even more ants! It's got to be sending out some kinda pheromone! The new Ants are poised to strike! Only to get knocked out of the way as Feral rides her's down into the hole! En Garde attempts the same, but her's charges up the building! Attempting to dislodge her! It climbs higher and higher! Oh god! If you fall... well that's not something you're going to recover from. Ever.

Meanwhile Feral makes her best go at navigating through the tunnels. Okay, the Ant's not exactly thrilled about you being here, and the other ants are trying to pluck you off, but you can at least make a decent run at it! The tunnels expand out in front of you, they're swarming with ants! Jeeze they're everywhere! Even you would have trouble fighting this many! Better hope you can fix this fast! Speaking of which, you come to a break in the tunnel! Left or right? Which do you chose?

What do you do?

- - - -

Fusion Labs, level 4 for human testing, level 5 for experimental devices of doom, level 6 for lingerie

Megumi and Supernova begin their decent into the labs. There's a ruddy big hole in the floor. Presumably from Servo! It flows down and down and down... THERE! Another big melty hole in the wall. Basement level 5.

Servo.

You see him standing there, stroking this floating orb, almost lovingly! Wow creepy.

"....soon! You will be part of me. Perfect! Whole! Hhheehehe! Yes! Yess! Hehehehhhhheheeeehe" he giggles to himself. Rising to a full on villainous crescendo! The room is lined with all kinds of wires and computers, and big glowing things on the walls! Tenshi comes in behind you. Staying low, his eyes narrowed.

Oh god Batter came along as well! How he got down here is anyone's guess. But he's here now, taking cover, his camera aimed at the action. He glances at you and winks. Great! That's going to complicate things!

What do you do?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Barely missing Pink, I suddenly stop midair. and it suddenly got dark. Waaaah! What just happened!

Oh no those are giant ant jaw thingies! NOOOOOO!

"EEEEEEEEEK! I'M TOO CUTE TO DIE!" I yell out, panicking.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Conditions: | Potential: 1/5 | Location: Aurora Angel's Heart

Getterman Pink Hears the cries from Aurora and runs forward; her fists clenched into a fist as she jumps up the Ant to it's mandibles; she whaps it on the head very very angrily "NO! You do not get to eat my friends either!" She yells angrily; pressing her body between the mandibles and spreading them open and grabbing Aurora Angel and holding AA in her arms She gives Aurora Angel a wide smile and "I hope you are okay!"

quote:

Scarybagels DIRECT ENGAGE
Scarybagels !r 2d6+3
|<-- Pherg has left irc.synirc.net (Ping timeout: 182 seconds)
Krysmbot Scarybagels, 7+3 = 10
Taking Aurora Angel from them and frightening them.

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 7, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"AAaaaaaaaaaaaah oh wait huh? Pink! You have no idea how glad I am you're here right now! Hold on I'll get us somewhere that isn't right in front of a angry aaaaaant!" I reply to my savior with a smile. Flaring up my wings I begin to scoot the both of us out. Since Pink's already holding on to me!"

Now a reasonably safe distance away from anything ant-shape, she changes the wings back to thunderbird form and seats Pink and herself. "Okay now that we're safe, how are we going to deal with rapidly multiplying giant ants!?"

Defending Chibi-Pink: 2d6+2 12 Clearing Afraid.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

The descent to basement level 5 happens in an instant - melty walls rushing by as the Kirby Craft dives downward. I take a deep breath as the floor comes up to meet us, but Supernova levels off at the last minute, allowing us to easily hop off and face our new opponent. Servo - the real threat.

I quickly take note of the surroundings. Frayed wires, melted slag holes in the walls - mostly damage from the ants. But a lot undamaged as well, computer terminals, workstations, experimental equipment. And... Batter?! I shake my head... That guy is going to get himself killed. And then I'll have to save him. Ugh. I walk past where he's hiding, though, and enter the main floor of the basement. Live wires spark as they dance around the floor, and broken glass is crushed under my feet as I boldly step forward. Glad I wore boots today...

I stop suddenly, facing Servo, and shout with as much confidence as I can muster. "Give it up, Servo. Your evil plans are over. Team Cute is here!" I smile confidently, while secretly hiding how much I hate the name my companions chose for the team.

12:44 Ferg megumi provoke
12:45 Ferg .roll 2d6+1
12:45 Platonibot Ferg: 10 (2d6+1=4, 5)
12:45 Ferg pssh
So... Servo gives up?

:thurman:

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 7, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I knew Megumi could do it, she's very intelligent. So much so that it confuses me that she's really a human. So while she focuses her considerable intellect on fixing that stupid device those scientists made, I fly her and her brother down through the lab. It's a good thing I'm much stronger than most humans, or carrying two people would probably be pretty difficult. But not for me, naturally.

Setting the two of them down careful as we reach the bottom, I float forward, avoiding the dangerous looking ground and take a deep breath to tell this weirdo how it's going to be - when Megumi tells him to surrender in a very commanding tone. She sounds almost like me! Wait a second, what did she just say? "Team Cute? Have you been listening to Getterman Pink?" That sounds like her kind of dumb idea, "We're not Team Cute, we're..." I didn't have one in mind... but we're not Team Cute. "The Shooting Stars." Yeah, that's a good name.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 7, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Supernova interrupts my posturing, butting in about the team name of all things. I harshly whisper at her under my breath, "Look, it wasn't my call. Blame Pink! Now, can we focus on what matters?" I add with a nod toward Servo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Well, it's fairly simple decision making. We're here to foil a sinister plot, so I drive Ant-tony up the left fork.

not sure if this calls for a roll?

• Locked thread