Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet

Serious Frolicking posted:

i dunno when we would ever even use paratroopers these days. since the standard is now to bomb everything indiscriminately before sending the infantry in, sending in an advance unit of paratroopers would just get them blown the gently caress up.

I would think paratroopers are still viable in hard to reach locations that mechanized infantry would have difficulty getting to.

A behind enemy lines thing comes to mind. You could still bomb the gently caress out of it first.

Infiltration into the population of a target country? Drop non uniformed personnel and let them wreak havoc from within for a couple months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Serious Frolicking posted:

that's one of the few parts of the geneva convention we actually follow, though. no uniform = not covered. bomb civilians, bomb hospitals, whatever. but the uniform thing could turn around to bite us in the rear end.

Not sure if we intend to follow it in the future. We practiced this: operation jade stone or some poo poo. It resulted in Texas standing up its national guard to "ensure the rights and liberties of Texas' citizens."

On the Geneva convention, I don't think we actually ever signed that document any way. We've just historically followed its rules.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

That jade stone thing happened fairly recently. It's googlable.

I'm no Geneva convention expert. But of the rules I know of, I saw them followed when I was in the military.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Colonel Cancer posted:

I'm actually planning to pay money to jump next spring =|

This was my original thought. I'd love to get paid to jump instead.

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Jade Helm, nazca, Jade HELM

You're no aztec druid!

But yes the Red States reacted poorly to increased military presence in public areas, as predicted.

as yes "Jade Helm".

I, of course, couldn't be bothered to Google it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nazca
Apr 9, 2016

hth posted:

i was a civilian when jade helm was going on and i barely got gangbanged, i dont see the big deal

I believe I can speak for the greater population when I say that we as a people would generally like to exercise our right not to get gang banged repeatedly by jade serpents or whatever.

Goons may feel differently of course.

• Locked thread