Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Iron Prince posted:

I am going as goatse for Halloween

Edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If anyone's looking for some inspiration for this year's costume we've got lots of photos of awesome costumes for goons in the PYF Cosplay thread!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

gary oldmans diary posted:

what little you can see of that red skull looks awesome

It's not a real Halloween costume unless it's the "Sexy _____" version

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

canpakes posted:

Donald Trump is gonna be so played out:rolleyes:

A ..... sexy Trump?

Also so many Harley Quinns .... so many ICP Jokers ....

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 21, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Apeshit Sixfingers posted:

Halloween is probably the best American holiday ever

A whole bunch of people in Australia will lose their poo poo and get really angry if any Australians talk about doing anything for Halloween because it's "TOO AMERICAN!" :argh: and we've never observed it here and rah rah rah. So I point out to them that it's actually a UK/Brittany tradition based on Druidic practices around the festival of Samhain (which apparently subsumed some Roman practices celebrating the goddess Pomona) and all the stuff done in the US like trick-or-treating (mumming/souling) and jack o'lanterns and bobbing for apples and dressing up in spooky costumes (guising) was borrowed from that part of the world, which is incidentally where Australia also got most of its other traditions and practices. Also there's a whole bunch of documented evidence that people observed Halloween in Australia as far back as the 1800s.

But lovely parochial Australians still bitch about how Halloween is un-Australian. Those close-minded fuckers. :mad:

Edit: they also bitch about how it's too commercial and how all the stores and supermarkets just use it as an excuse to sell cheap seasonal crap. People also BITCH LIKE CRAZY about kids knocking on their doors asking for lollies. They really, really bitch and whine like it's a massive imposition. People in this country suck.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Champenema posted:

Think I'll hang out at the emergency room and get some gnarly pics of accident victims in ridiculous outfit this year

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

extra stout posted:

your reply depresses me because i just realized there will definitely be one unoriginal trump with no good impression even, at every party in the world

I'm also expecting Hillary masks + prison jumpsuits to be a popular choice this year

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

JediTalentAgent posted:

Deadpool will be less popular than Harley Quinn

Here's a brief glimpse of what Halloween 2016 will look like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLtSjz21IxA

JediTalentAgent posted:

I could have sworn I saw these at Big Lots lately. They look just like candy cigarettes, similar packaging, but I think they're calling them 'candy sticks'. Either that, or Big Lots finally found a really old warehouse full of crap from the 1980s.

Candy cigarettes are still widely available in Australia, I saw some in the confectionery aisle of a supermarket just yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Speleothing posted:

Still need advice for a couple's costume

• Locked thread