Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

praxis posted:

It's like when God got through making all the animals he had a few spare parts left over and that's how we wound up with the hyena and duck-billed platypus.

And to anyone who comes into this thread with their "yeah but my cat is cool and awesome" bullshit. gently caress YOU. You know why you think your cat is so awesome? Because he acts like a goddamn dog. So you can take your chances with a cat and hope you get the one-in-a-million super chill cat - OR - you can get literally ANY loving DOG ON THE PLANET.

actually hyenas are dogs here is proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qeN9IqmZpM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

proof of concept posted:

a good picture, it has 2x miniature schnauzers because they're 2x better than other kinds of dog

They look like little 18'th century aristocrats :love:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dogs are the best pets

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

vyst posted:

Dogs are the best pets

Yeah we did pretty good on the genetic engineering for them good job humans it even beats bananas for top human changing nature achievement

Maybe even watermelons

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what about pink grapefruit we nuked them until they turned a different colour

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

KakerMix posted:

Yeah we did pretty good on the genetic engineering for them good job humans it even beats bananas for top human changing nature achievement

Maybe even watermelons

I don't think any other 2 creatures have such a bond on the whole Earth ( whole Solar System even !) Good job to the Neolithic hunters with a soft heart for little wolf pups.

naem
May 29, 2011

Hyenas closest relative is the mongoose, they are basically ginormous weasels

naem
May 29, 2011

Here is a fossa which is about halfway between a mongoose and hyena in size and temperament, this has been google image search at midnight with forums user naem

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
A bad picture of a good dog

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

A good picture of a bad dog

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
half a dog still better than a cat

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

bald gnome error posted:

big dogs are less likely to die of a 99% genetic predisposition to Coal Spleen or whatever bad condition

dude that's not true like 60% of golden retrievers die from osteosarcoma

Small dogs that are not horrifically overbred are way less likely to die in their early years

I mean my mum has currently got a 17 year old shih tzu who totally owns, and that's like 2.5 Great Dane lifespans

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

imagine wanting a shih tzu instead of 2.5 great danes smh

i wonder what a great dane with that weird spine condition looks like

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

yo I ain't sayin Danes are bad, they're just great big heartbreakers is all cos they die when they're 7 or 8 :(

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you buy a dog because it's a specific breed you are scum

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

there are some good dogs on my local shelters website but i don't want to get a dog if its going to be home alone all day

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Jose posted:

there are some good dogs on my local shelters website but i don't want to get a dog if its going to be home alone all day

Same but mail order bride

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Jose posted:

There are dogs that dont care about that

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Carmant posted:

There are dogs that dont care about that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

Same but mail order bride

they're prone to running away if you do that

r u ready to WALK