Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
the trick is to squat in the crawl space. 0 lights at night and you can wait out most surprise visits

sometimes they send a guy down there to check the foundation though so you might have to do a little murdering

good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
If I had to, yes OP. And in fact most people would. Nothing has changed, in any broad genetic manner anyway, in like 100 years. It doesn't take "much" to change a society and a lifetime of pussy habits, it just has to be a relatively extreme enough situation. Sure, most of us would die quivering in our mud holes panicked to the point of a blank stupor firing wildly at all the noise, but in fact that's how all wars are. If I recall only 2% of all soldiers in combat in the past actually willingly fired their weapons to kill other people. That rate is very different today of course with drastically changed training and a volunteer army, but if it came down to a all hands on deck situation we would revert back to the big ol war mentality and yes, we would all do it, as ineffective and wasteful as it is.

The real interesting part of it all is as you mentioned its seemingly unlikely for this to happen quite like it has in the past and most of us may never have to face this question, but without a doubt it could. It would take a huge amount of generations to actually change the human condition where we would no longer be capable of it.

penus penus penus fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 22, 2016

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

If I had to, yes OP. And in fact most people would. Nothing has changed, in any broad genetic manner anyway, in like 100 years. It doesn't take "much" to change a society and a lifetime of pussy habits, it just has to be a relatively extreme enough situation. Sure, most of us would die quivering in our mud holes panicked to the point of a blank stupor firing wildly at all the noise, but in fact that's how all wars are. If I recall only 2% of all soldiers in combat in the past actually willingly fired their weapons to kill other people. That rate is very different today of course with drastically changed training and a volunteer army, but if it came down to a all hands on deck situation we would revert back to the big ol war mentality and yes, we would all do it, as ineffective and wasteful as it is.

The real interesting part of it all is as you mentioned its seemingly unlikely for this

id be too scared

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

The real interesting part of it all is as you mentioned its seemingly unlikely for this to happen quite like it has in the past and most of us may never have to face this question, but without a doubt it could. It would take a huge amount of generations to actually change the human condition where we would no longer be capable of it.

:)

It's also the thing that makes your argument, which I honestly and completely appreciate, obsolete.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i didnt read any of the op but i am ready to kill for p much any dude that gives me a salary and some sweet bennies

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I agree with the opinions posted ITT.

Nothing left to do except get rolled over by the machine. Sow your wild oats my children. We live and die in perfect silence.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Kuato posted:

I'm too old to be drafted FYI. :smuggo:

I'll get deferments for mental illness if needed; just gotta print out my post history after all.

I think that they have me on the draft list, but only if the enemy is advancing up the National Mall in Washington, D.C..

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
is this thread about the draft? I don't know. I'm supposedly exempt due to prior combat service

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Looks like 104 years by my math

quote:

MDMA was first synthesized by a German company in 1912, possibly to be used as an appetite suppressant. MDMA has been available as a street drug since the 1980s.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

he hungy

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
vendagoat with weekly sunday drunk post

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

coolskillrex remix posted:

vendagoat with weekly sunday drunk post

vendagoat has actually completely lost his mind.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

vendagoat has actually completely lost his mind.

cool

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

well it's not cool for sam and me because we're on his hit list.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

thats some poor comma use op

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lol at your childish view of modern politics. "world domination," condolences on being the lone impotent white man beating back the hordes.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

OctoberBlues posted:

im scared

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

ruddiger posted:

lol at your childish view of modern politics. "world domination," condolences on being the lone impotent white man beating back the hordes.

well met. for the alliance.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
are the salad pics fat burns or..? :confused:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

complaisant.
man buns,
man bun wearing,
wonderfulness of complacency that we have bread.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i can't believe someone would post something like this

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
LOL if you think war has ever been about fighting for some grand cause. It's always been men with power sending other men through to the meat grinder for their own gain. Hope that clears things up for you.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

oh yes let's talk earnestly about the horrors of war and what drives nations to conflict in a vendagoat thread.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Hell yeah

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

VendaGoat posted:

Honestly the world right now is pretty loving complaisant. poo poo happens, people react, the culture acquiesces. And we, go on.

Alright you fucks. Here's a what if.

Some of you fucks are in debt up to, and beyond, your loving ears.

Let's say another power comes to be, bent on world domination.

Are you willling to die in the dirt and loving mud, like our forefathers did, just to keep the peace?

Would you give up you man buns, Iphones, Victoria secrets bombshell bras and bleed for a better world?

I'm not saying it's going to happen. In fact, considering today's warfare I doubt it will. I just want to know if you bunch of weak willed, starbucks sipping, man bun wearing, bunch of loving nancy fucks are willing.

my guess is you aren't . So delight in the peaceful nature of the world.

Invest in the culture we are all sowing.

Because quite honestly, I would rather the world being at peace and us all just fighting with our economy. It means knowledge has won out.

Now I'm going to go get myself a scoop of ice cream and another bourbon.

I hope you all understand the wonderfulness of complacency that we have bread.

We get to enjoy.

So loving enjoy.

CHEERS! YOU BUNCH OF FUCKS!

hi dare

e: what the gently caress, it's vendagoat?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Airborne Viking posted:

hi dare

e: what the gently caress, it's vendagoat?

vendagoats not here mannnn
*comically drops roach clip*

CADPAT
Jul 23, 2004

For the men
to my left and right!
:hist101:
OP many soldiers including members of the combat arms have iPhones and are up to their ears in debt but have also died and/or would die for their country. Check mate.

e: They also have varying levels of complacency, supporting and dispelling your point simultaneously. King me.

CADPAT fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 22, 2016

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Things could be worse but the current culture sucks hard. I hope I get to be a real person someday, but that does not feel like a possibility for a number of reasons.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

RedMage129 posted:

LOL if you think war has ever been about fighting for some grand cause. It's always been men with power sending other men through to the meat grinder for their own gain. Hope that clears things up for you.

hosed up if true. Makes u think

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Things could be worse but the current culture sucks hard. I hope I get to be a real person someday, but that does not feel like a possibility for a number of reasons.

Mr. Unlucky

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I find the op if this thread to be extremely full of, misandry, problematic gender stereotypes, and a whole host of other aggressions both macro and micro.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i find that the amount that an invader looks like me is inversely proportional to my willingness to combat them. so alien invaders would be best to fight against in a war of species.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The blacks and browns will inherit this country because we're the only ones bred to handle modern violence. Vendagoat, I'm coming for your mom and sisters.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Hell Yeah!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Canada was faced with the same question in WW1. They fought their drunken yokel balls off and gained independence from Britain.

In other words, if you fight and earn your seat at the table you get to renegotiate terms.

So yeah, snake people fighting and dying to protect America from an actual threat would be the best thing for them.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

You two are really paranoid. Quit smoking the weed for a while. You'll feel much better.

Seriously, what possible reason could I have, to want to kill the both of you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
are you drunk?

• Locked thread