Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think it's a fair point that a competitive time-restricted environment with little-to-no choice of subject matter wasn't the best fit for Geary. Nobody can sit there and call him a lovely tattooist, not did they. He also took his elimination like a class act.

It was still a great career move, he got his work shown nationally and a lot of people will make appointments to get something in his unique style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

hepscat posted:

That flash challenge was ridiculous - ok, that's a given. But how the gently caress could they even film it? It was SO BAD. Boring, pointless, unthrilling, had nothing to do with anything, argh.

Also I hate when it means only one team tattoos per episode. This season really sucks.

Yeah, I was hoping the format would be like Top Shot, where it's a team setting but individual challenges, and it's up to the teams to work together to improve their strengths and have to remove their weakest members when they lose. Or maybe if Peck and Nunez reviewed their team members' designs to say "this is what the judges are looking for this week and what you need to fix before you start tattooing" so the quality of tattoos improved. But this is the worst format, it's just "normal Ink Master, except half the contestants sit on their hands each week"

Also, watercolor tattoos? What's next week, feathers/dandelions turning into bird silhouettes? And the flash challenge is to piss 6 feet in the air straight up without getting wet

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Johnny Truant posted:

I still have yet to watch the Redemption show. Is it just the artist coming in and doing like, a cover up on their janky tattoo or what? There have been some awful tattoos this season. Mike's pinup girl, Boneface's... most of Boneface's tattoos, haha. That piece of trash that Nikki made that somehow won her the flash challenge definitely needs.. something.

The first season was interesting because it actually seemed really unscripted. Now it's the same boring reality drama as Ink Master and excuses to put Tatu Baby on TV again.

• Locked thread