Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Aww I was so bummed Geary got knocked out this most recent ep :cry:

I thought his sand sculpture was the most precise, symmetry is a lot trickier I feel.

I guess I just don't like Dave :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think it's a fair point that a competitive time-restricted environment with little-to-no choice of subject matter wasn't the best fit for Geary. Nobody can sit there and call him a lovely tattooist, not did they. He also took his elimination like a class act.

This is why it was doubly heartbreaking! Geary seems so drat legit. His little comment afterwards was so legit too, basically like "I'm not blaming my Lyme disease tremor, I'm blaming my mentality ABOUT the Lyme disease tremor" so it wasn't even like an excuse, just an explanation.

Trillhouse posted:

She gets half the screen time which I should be mad about but she's so ridiculously attractive I don't care.

Yeah it's like right off the bat they were like "YUP. Ryan Ashley is gonna be our Inkmaster babe this season!" I certainly won't complain. No offense to Kelly cause I think she's a babe too :swoon:

Flyinglemur posted:

I don't find facial piercings or tattoos attractive on women but Ryan is absolutely killing it. AND her work is pretty awesome.

I thought it was pretty ballsy of whichever woman it was that said the skull pick winner wasn't being a good teammate RIGHT AFTER the ladies all decided to stick together no matter what team they were on.

Sorry, I'm terrible with names :(

I feel like whoever Dave gave the two "full body colour realistic blahblahblah" peacocks to would've been like "the gently caress dude" though, but it was kind of weird he just threw Ryan and Nikki right under the bus.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

savinhill posted:

I wish they'd put a little more effort into making it less obvious which bottom 3 contestant is going home this early in the season, even though this is Ink Master and the judging has been ultra predictable when it comes to Peck/Nunez/producer favorites for a lot of seasons already.

To be fair I really thought that Nikki was going to get it in the peacock challenge. I know not finishing a tattoo is a cardinal sin, but like Nunez said, she literally didn't colour inside the lines!

Glad Dave got ousted, bummed that John did. I liked John more than Sirvone.

Also it's very satisfying, at least to me, when I get on IG and see a post by one of the first contestants that got out in the first ep, realizing I only followed them because they were on the show, then unfollowing them. Example: Elisheba.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nikki really needs to follow Sketchy's tip and shut the gently caress up, jfc.

Who's everybody rooting for? Gian, Kelly and Sketchy are my favourites. Sketchy doesn't have the best tattoos but his demeanor is the best. Tito is also hilarious.

Ryan is obviously going to be a finalist, I'm thinking for final 5 it'll be Ryan, Gian, Kelly, Gia and... hmm... hopefully Sketchy!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

How the gently caress did they decide that Nikki had the best flash challenge tattoo? Her tattoo was straight poo poo.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

glasnost toyboy posted:

Her getting to choose skulls probably seemed like it would make good TV, I guess? Eric's was a lot better.

Yeah I know that's exactly what it is. Still loving garbage, can't wait till her big fuckin mouth gets ousted, she's gonna bitch and moan so much. She's like Boneface level imo, like how the gently caress did she get on the show in the first place?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Crazy episode. Honestly Mike's piece was soooo bad, I think it beat Gia for worst tattoo. But Gia should've gone home for that absolutely hosed chest piece. :shrug: I liked her though, all girl alliance bullshit aside.

Sketchy proves to be the funniest(and most practical) yet again, and Gian keeps smashing challenges like it's his job. Gian/Sketchy 2016!

Can't wait to see Nikki try to talk poo poo again and get shut down, god she is fuckin annoying. Bitch you haven't been tattooing for ten years and you're trying to tell the literal hosts of the show about technique? Get the gently caress out.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

OldTennisCourt posted:

Nikki is honestly the most annoying person in show history. Her weird justification for not giving good players hard tattoos, her pure salt and rage against Boneface after he burned her (with a totally true line) and her constantly interrupting everyone.

Holy poo poo please leave soon.

It's also just exacerbated by the fact that she's the youngest and has the least tattooing experience.

Realllllllly hope this is the ep she gets sent home :pray:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sketchy needs to lay off with a bit of the sexist talk, but I'm still on his team.

Mike's tattoos were baaaad this ep, but at least he owned it. Can't wait to see Nikki go home and just bitch on her way out. This was the first time my girlfriend watched the show and she immediately started hating on Nikki. Also didn't believe she was 24... :classiclol:

I really thought they'd comment on Nikki literally just copying Gian's drawing exactly. That's not adaptability, imo.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Karma Monkey posted:

I feel like we're gonna see a LOT of this season's contestants on Ink Master: Redemption. Like, they're gonna need to make way more episodes for that one, or change the format to 60 mins per ep.

I still have yet to watch the Redemption show. Is it just the artist coming in and doing like, a cover up on their janky tattoo or what? There have been some awful tattoos this season. Mike's pinup girl, Boneface's... most of Boneface's tattoos, haha. That piece of trash that Nikki made that somehow won her the flash challenge definitely needs.. something.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

While I was looking forward to actual tattooing, the most recent ep was still pretty good. Gian and Kelly's interviews were the best, most definitely. They're both so amazing :swoon: I don't know who I want to win!

The only interview I thought was really pointless and boring was Nate Beaver's. Like.. it added literally nothing to his character or the show, in my opinion. I feel like he was scripted to say he was trying to play the underdog card just to incite some drama, but who knows, maybe now that he's a top 6 finalist he'll actually step it up. We'll have to see.

I'll admit Nikki's interview and the little background blurb about her made me hate her a slight bit less. I still don't think she deserved to make it past the first few rounds cause she has put out absolute garbage work on the show, but eh.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

OmegaBR posted:

When it's portrait day, and it's accuracy day, if your portrait is the least accurate, you should go home. Nikki should have gone home. Test of time notwithstanding, her face, the most crucial part, was worse than Kevin's. I agree with the judges that his face was also better than Ryan's, who did a better hair and shirt.

Yeah that blew my mind. Kevin's looked like the kid and sure, while he again didn't do any lining that would prolong the life of the tattoo, the person could go back in and get a touchup after a year or whatever. Nikki's tattoo will forever look like a loving demon child.

Kelly annoyed me the first time with her crack at Gian as well, something about baby's first critique or something. Uh he's been harshly critiqued before, and he's also the chillest person in the entire show so idk what she was talking about...

I'm sad to see Kevin go, his interview made me like him a lot more. I'm calling Nikki getting sent home next week, then Nate, then we've got our final three: Gian, Kelly and Ryan. I think it's gonna be Gian/Ryan for the two finalists, and I'm betting Ryan takes it.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

I wanna hear from the canvases that get really lovely tattoos to see if it was worth it to them.

i am the bird posted:

I've convinced myself that all the canvasses are given extra session time off-camera to finish/fix their tattoos, even though I know this isn't true based on the spinoff show about these fuckups.

They've gotta just think that the incentive of being on a huge television show is enough. The tattoo is most likely free, as well, so that's a plus.

What I don't understand is when anybody walks over to one of the artists while they're working and they start to talk drama bullshit directly in front of or even while they're working on a canvas. Like, that throws any of the artists integrity out the window, for me. Complaining about the tattoo you're having to do while literally sitting with the person who wants the tattoo is disrespectful as gently caress.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Opened up my IG today and literally the first thing I see spoiled last night's episode for me.

Happy loving Wednesday or whatever.

Edit: but that episode was doooooope

Go Gian
Go Kelly

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 1, 2016

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

TheDon01 posted:

Nate halfassed his way through the entire season and only got as far as he did because other people were worse.

And then bitches about the other players, haha. He's a solid artist but he was definitely not Kelly/Gian/Ryan caliber.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I thought it was a little weird that Kelly gave Gian a full watercolour coral reef as his piece. Like, his watercolour this past ep wasn't that bad, imo. :shrug:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pussy Quipped posted:

They all really did not like that he did a really nice outline, and then just put random weird colors everywhere. So i guess someone is getting a huge color blob on their chest that might resemble a coral reef

Huh, I must be misremembering. I thought they praised it except for the sails of the ship. I know before they saw the tattoos the judges said they didn't want to just see paint flung on a drawing, but I thought the overall vibe for his tattoo was good sans sails.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That finale was some bullshit, Kelly absolutely got robbed. How did they comment on her giving them what they've seen before, and then Ryan doing loving fine black linework? She literally did blackwork for at least 60% of her tattoos on the entire loving show. If she got a colour canvas she would always try to talk then into black and grey.

My girl and I are pissed :argh: I mean yay female Ink Master, but Ryan's versatility compared to Kelly's is trash. Kelly got robbed.

Agreed that Sketchy really turned into a whiny rear end. I thought he was kind of legit for doing what he was doing, and he also had a few good comments like re: doesn't matter if you're male/female, the best artist wins. But then he also drops the "your emotions get in the way" sexist comment, and also just is referring to his teammates as "the females." Come the gently caress on man, really?

Overall I enjoyed the season for sure, but it was pretty obvious from the get-go that they were setting Ryan up to win it. Kelly/Gian 2020! :patriot:

Fake edit: oh and Kevin's fur coat was amazing :swoon: his interview really made me like him more. Plus Boneface saying he has no regrets, like what? Dude not even a week after your Nikki insult you made a huge public apology on IG saying how you regret it. Shut the gently caress up, tryna sound hard on television, give me a break.

Also I want to buy all of Gian's clothes. That loving jacket of his :eyepop:

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Dec 7, 2016

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Shrug. It should have been about the quality of the tattoo and not what style they did.

And the judges need to be consistent with their voting. They didn't mention at all how Ryan did black and grey for over half if her canvases...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've known her for 6- 7 years and I can honestly say this show was the first time I'd ever seen her do a tattoo that wasn't a grey-scale sketch.

Sounds about right. Ink master my rear end. I honestly dislike how they(all of the artists honestly) can try to talk their canvases out of their idea and into something that they'll excel at.

• Locked thread