Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I felt a little bad for Princess whatever. She seemed all in in a really sad way.

Anyone know the tremor guys name? He was alright but when he said that I was shocked. I'm nervous enough getting tattooed as it is, imagine if you saw your artist's hand shaking like that? I would poo poo myself in true goon fashion.

HungryMedusa fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Bunk Rogers posted:

Shakey guy is Geary and his lines are kickass. Dude is a perfectionist and his style is unique.

http://instagram.com/__roy.g.biv__

He puts in a shitload of extra hours preparing to make sure everything is perfect which does not lend itself to a competition show like this. He's also one of the funniest dudes you'll ever meet.

Holy poo poo. He's Geary? It makes sense they didn't kick the shaky guy off now. He is amazing.

This season actually has some great artists in it, it will be interesting to see how it all comes out.

One thing that will get better but was annoying to me is I can't keep who did what tattoo straight. They showed people's tattoos and then later when they were eliminating people, it was hard to remember who did what. They should show the person's face and their tattoo at the same time when they still have 20 artists.

I would have also enjoyed seeing the bad tattoos longer.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

OmegaBR posted:

Went ahead and put up the tattoos from the elimination this week: http://imgur.com/a/HFDhO

The 30 American Traditional from the first episode are also up along with the artist portfolios on the Ink Master site.

Thanks for this. They don't show the tattoos long enough.

Kevin Laroy's snakes are loving awful. Super lumpy and wierd looking. Watching live I thought the judges would call that out way more. I guess that isn't the drama they wanted though.

I would get tattooed by John Collins any day. He is a good tattooer.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm sad to see Kevin go, his interview made me like him a lot more. I'm calling Nikki getting sent home next week, then Nate, then we've got our final three: Gian, Kelly and Ryan. I think it's gonna be Gian/Ryan for the two finalists, and I'm betting Ryan takes it.

I agree Nikki will go home next week and then Beavers. I'm kinda pulling for Kelly to be our first lady Ink Master. Ink Mistress. She is just so chill and nice and seems like a fun person to get tattooed by.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I really am pulling for Kelly. How are the finales judged? Is it voting or judges or a combo? I've never watched this show every episode before.

If it's the judges, I get the feeling Peck would never vote for Kelly. It's clear he just hates new school. He's my favorite judge because he can actually tattoo and seems alright in general. Nunez is a mediocre tattooer at best and Navarro looks like Justin Bieber 20 years from now. Does any of that matter on this show?

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I'm just sayin' he does NOT have what it takes to be Ink Master.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

KilGrey posted:

I've actually come to appreciate Dave. His opinions are usually pretty fair and he'll call out the other two when they are being biased jerks.

...then he meows and I want to punch him.

I like him too. It seems like on some level he gets how ridiculous Ink Master is. I just think its funny he is a judge of good tattooing when most of his were done without a ton of thought at the time (or so it appears). He's a glorious mix of genuine and douchey that I can't quite reconcile.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Mob posted:

He's doing pretty good then since he's 30 years older

Yeah I am being too harsh on Dave, especially considering Dave is an actual rock star and Bieber will probably be dead by his 40s.

I'm excited for tonight. Go Kelly! I think all three are great, so it should be fun to watch no matter what happens.

E: From the preview I just saw, looks like it's Dave's turn to rock the jacket and no shirt look. haha

HungryMedusa fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 7, 2016

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Why is Kevin holding a Chewbacca skin?

E: I agree, Sketchy went out like a little baby and he knows it now. Oops!

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

rockcity posted:

What really isn't portrayed is just how much Sketchy leaving hosed things up for the show. I'm not going to name people, but I know from people involved that they had to shut down filming for a while because of it. They really don't address any of that with how it was shown on TV.

That sucks. He really did screw Eric over too. What a loser..

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I thought Ryan's was the weakest. I mean it's a good tattoo, but what is it from far away? People just voted for her because she's hot.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

People can't be trusted to vote for things, don't we have enough evidence of that this year??

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Dave was put in kind of a hard spot. I mean if he voted for a tattoo of himself, people would have totally bitched about it.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Ryan's master canvas is really good. She did hit the style really well. I would hate to wear it but it's exactly what it was supposed to be.

They better show us Kelly's!!

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Yeah, Ryan will win. Gian did a respectable job of what he was assigned, but it doesn't pop like the hot rods.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I agree it was a good ending but not a satisfying one. All three of them are great tattooers and Ryan really did knock that master canvas out. We finally have a lady Ink Master.

I enjoyed this season a lot and I think the final three prove some of the people who hate this show wrong. They are all very good tattooers - I know some people have the attitude that only hacks try out for Ink Master. This bodes well for future seasons, maybe more great tattooers will try out.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

He was robbed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

KilGrey posted:

No one will ever beat Mystical Mike for sheer 'WTF?'

I didn't know who Mystical Mike was before this post so I googled him and drat, people are still being really brutal to his current posts on Facebook. The tattoos he has online are not terrible but meh. What did he do?

• Locked thread