Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It'll prevent poo poo artists from hanging on way too long. Besides, Peck and Nuñez will still have a vested interest in mentoring their guys, since at that point one of them can be knocked out completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think it's a fair point that a competitive time-restricted environment with little-to-no choice of subject matter wasn't the best fit for Geary. Nobody can sit there and call him a lovely tattooist, not did they. He also took his elimination like a class act.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It can be looking directly at you without facing you directly forward. The nose is a bit janky, but the purple eye is clearly smaller and differently-angled.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
And then she nailed the skull pick this week.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Maybe it's because I'm a girl, but I'm digging the girl alliance. I say this as one of those borderline misogynist females who has always conscientiously worked in male-dominated environments, and I also think Gia's ouster was fair enough. Ryan and Kelly are seriously talented, the 24 year old who looks like my mom IS growing in leaps and bounds, and the fact of it is, even discounting production stoking the melodramatic fire, it's ridiculously difficult to have a voice as a female when you're surrounded by men who presume themselves alpha and will speak more loudly and more authoritatively, even if they're full of it.

I didn't like Tatu Baby, but the girls' alliance is rad and I like it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The team thing makes sense for production and editing. Last season with a new vet trickling in every week, they never had more than eight tattoos/critiques per episode, so when you limit the number of competitors every week it gives the criticism segment more time to breathe.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I feel like that would take away from the point of the show though, I mean it's a contest to see who is the best, not meant for people who need to learn (I'm not saying they don't learn poo poo). And it would be hard to do it during the contest logistically with everyone tattooing at the same time.

Ehhh, it'd be like a MasterChef AU masterclass, and that poo poo is dope. What the hell else is Spike doing with its airtime, anyway?

i am the bird posted:

I've convinced myself that all the canvasses are given extra session time off-camera to finish/fix their tattoos, even though I know this isn't true based on the spinoff show about these fuckups.

This is remarkably adorable.

Take your free tat and gtfo

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
And annoying. He's been acting like an entitled brat all season long.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The fact that he even thought it was a good idea is hilarious enough.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
There's usually something like, America votes for one of the final three, and the judges choose between the other two to go into the final head-to-head judgment.

I actually think that streamable-live final-final tattoo is a very cool idea, and I'm guessing that's what they'll have the viewers voting on.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Nah, they need to have contingencies set up for mic failures and I agree that it's incredible that they don't. I also agree that the sound quality is shockingly lovely. I mean, I guess it works in as much it hasn't fully ruined a finale yet, but it's sloppy as hell and disturbingly easy to fix.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

XIII posted:

Who else remembers the very first contestant to be sent home, B-Tat? I honestly cannot wrap my head around how he ever made it onto the show unless it was all a big joke.

http://www.spike.com/photos/4iidqm/ink-master-artist-portfolio-brian-b-tat-robinson

Holy gently caress. That HAS to be a troll from Spike.

... Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
He brought one machine with him to the show and expected things to go well.

• Locked thread