Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
OCC Thread

So, head's up, Wahad is out till the 28th. I said I'd open it today so I will, but don't expect him to play till then.

Sharn, the city of towers.

What a piece of poo poo. Why couldn't this place have been leveled during the Last War? Why did it have to survive? It's imposing towers cover all little folk in obscuring shadows and make them forgotten shades while letting the rich and nobles bask in the light. What do we have to look forward? What does Dura have? Nothing, but memories of a better day.

But, I guess even hopeless cases still cling to dark dreams. Thinking they will make it "big" and "ride to the top." Bah! Childish delusions of the forgotten.

And that's where you all come in, I suppose. In this tiny little business, this fithly loving wretched apartment, you plan to strike it big with your new business. "Dirty Deeds?" What a joke. Just like all of you.

But, hey, this city is full of dirt and grime and filth. Perhaps more than anywhere else. This is the only place that makes me wish for Dolurrh. There is always someone who can use some "odd jobs" from low lifes with no acclaim: people who won't ask questions and no one will question is if they vanish.

I guess that's what brings him here. This cloaked man standing in your "foyer." A human, judging from his height and appearance. He seems calm, but secretive. He came here with a purpose, one he doesn't want to get out.

"You're Dirty Deeds, right?" the man utters with disappointment, "My employers would be interested in hiring you." Putting his hands to his waist, he puts a bag on the table. It is clearly full of coin. "It isn't much: just 300 GP. That's the first half of the payment. You get another 300 on completion. For someone in this hovel, that'd probably cover the initial investment in buying this place. Even better if you rent."

Putting his hand into the top of his cloak, he pulls out a scroll. "Now, the job itself is simple, if you accept. My employer is trying to find out what that drug dragon's blood is and how Daask is getting it into the city. This information is of significant financial interest to my employer. Do you accept?"

Game information:

DC 15 Diplomacy or Bluff or DC 20 Intimidation to increase pay by 25%
DC 0 Streetwise check tells you that Daask is a monstrous and violent gang that has been operating in Lower Dura for quite some time. There are the new guys on the block and are known for their love of cruelty. Dragon's Blood is one of the ways they are diversifying their interests from extortion.
DC 15 Streetwise can tell you more about Daask.
DC 20 Perception or DC 15 Streetwise to tell who the employers of this cloaked man is.

And, of course, you can talk to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Garrod Stormbrewer

Dura had all sorts of folk living in it, I was well aware, but even so I was somewhat surprised by the strange lot that had gathered together to form this company. Time would tell just how much I could trust them. For now, benefit of the doubt and all that. I set down one of the many pitchers of ale that I had brought in for the group, listening to our first potential contract. I hadn't heard of Dragon's Blood before, but Daask on the other hand... Dangerous to go up against, especially with our company being newly formed as it was. Not that I had any intentions on turning down the man, suspicious as he was. Wouldn't be very good for our reputation if we declined here.

"Don't think any of us plan on saying no, stranger, but 600 gold pieces ain't a lot to risk angering the Daask bunch. Ye can do better than that."

Diplomacy v. 1st Contract (DC 15): 1d20+6 10
Or maybe he can't :v:
pre:

General
HP: 30/30 (BV: 15) Surges: 11/11 (V: 7)
AC: 20 Fort: 15 Ref: 11 Will: 17
Initiative: -1; Speed: 5
Passive Insight: 19; Passive Perception: 14
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven; Action Points: 1; Vision: Low-Light

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 25, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

"If you do the job well, then you won't anger them and none will be the wiser: the rate stands." There is a strength in that voice, a confidence. Not a good kind to hear, it's the kind a parent uses when correcting a child. How fitting.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck

Muck would love to complain about the sour nature of this first client, the man had simply barged into their "office" and started laying out the nature of the job they had wanted Dirty Deeds to take. There was no romanticism in such a bland outline, but it wasn't like the company could complain with the majority of the funds they'd scraped together put into taking control of the office off of one slumlord or another.

Padding his way across the office, the taps of his toe's claws padded by small felt cones affixed to each, Muck hauls himself up onto a half rotten bench and leans forward to take a glance at the man's face under the hood. The thing about hoods is that the shadows usually concealed your face, but a coating of shadows doesn't mean much in the face of someone who can ignore the existence of light.

Muck's clever gambit is throw off when the part of the termite damaged table he's leaning on caves in under his elbow and he goes careening backward to the ground. Cursing the Gods in his mind, he reaches for whatever is closest to hand in an attempt to stop his fall and grabs the handle of one of the numerous pitchers of ale the damned dwarf had meticulously laid out throughout the apartment in what was clearly some kind of dwarven hazing ritual against him. For the third time this week Muck falls to the ground and is soaked through with ale, the added humiliation of their new benefactor looking on only a cherry on the top of the whole situation.

pre:
Muck

HP: 28/28 (BV: 14)	AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 10/10 (V:7)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +4		Ref:	16	Vision: Darkvision
Speed: 6		Will:	14	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Draconic

At Will		  Encounter		  Daily
Quick Lunge	  [ ] Second Wind	  Prepared Poison 1/1
Poisoned Dagger	  [ ] Skulking Spy        [ ] Bloodroot
Garrote Strangle  [ ] Shifty Maneuver 		
		  [ ] Assassin's Strike
	          [ ] Hidden Lore
	          [ ] Mind Shadows

Passives:
Attack Finesse: Add 1d8 to a damage roll once per turn.
Kobold- +2 defenses vs Traps.

quote:

Just dumping all the info into my first post to have it there for easy pulling later.

A 5 on my streetwise test to identify the client's employer. :suicide:

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 25, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Without flinching, the man sternly rebukes the kobold's advances. "Little vermin, I'd advise against trying to see my face. If I intended for you to know my identity, I would have shared it. My employer is a powerful man: angering me is angering him. You won't want him angry."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli Windham

Alli pauses a moment, watching her companions make fools of themselves. She would be laughing if she weren't mortified that they'll lose their first big deal over such foolishness. She takes a deep breath before addressing the cloaked man, "So we're in... Anyway, if you'll excuse my friends here, I was wondering if you had any leads that we could investigate? I know we're here for the dirty work but anything you have would speed up the process, and I'm sure your employer would appreciate that."

Covok
May 27, 2013

"Finally, someone reasonable." You could cut the smugness in his voice with a knife. "We know of two places you could explore. There is a low level dealer in the area, a minotaur named Terry "Dagger Horns" Shebrom. He operates out of a Tavern in the Callestan district, one of the taverns that daask have infected. It's called the Sovereign Hostess, a bad play on word. We are also convinced that the drugs must pass through The Stores district, the warehouses, before it reaches the rest of lower Dura. Either of those places are a good start."

DC 10 Insight to tell if he is hiding any information from you.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?

Bruno

Bruno opens a book, flips through a few pages of fake entries, writes in the payment and two objectives, and then asks without looking up, "Excuse the overenthusiasm of the new recruits. An alias, then, for our records; timeline; and finally, how were you referred to Dirty Deeds?"

A little politeness went a long way. And if they wanted to find out who the rude man worked for, they could do so later without risking alienating a client.

Covok
May 27, 2013

"You can call me 'the Whisperer' and we expect this done by the end of the month. As for referrals, my employer has always kept an eye on Lower Dura, even more in recent months. It was easy to see a new mercenary company open up, especially amongst apartment buildings. It stands out like a sore thumb."

There are 15 days left until the end of the month. It is Vult, early winter, the month of Warding.

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 25, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli Windham

"Is that all?" Alli asks, pressing for information. "Surely someone as in tune with the streets would have a little more information on this matter... Do you happen to have an idea of what part of the warehouse district it's going through? After all, it is a pretty big district, and I don't think people would appreciate us running around asking for dragon's blood so blatantly." She pauses for a second before adding, "Also, any more information on this Terry fellow would be helpful, if you have anything."

Insight: 1d20+2 16

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

K'atya Duskryn

Lies and threats fill K'atya's mind and nearly slip out of her mouth, but rather than let her lips affect their purse, she purses them instead, and let's the cooler heads prevail. Still, she can't help mutter to herself, "You won't like me when I'm angry either, rear end in a top hat. You'll have more than sore thumbs when I'm be done with you, how's that for a 'whisper'?" Satisfied with her petty rejoinder, she speaks above Alli, "Don't get your cloak in a twist, we'll get you job done, and on time. You happen to know anything more about this 'Dagger Horns' character, he and I apparently run in different circles."

Bluff: 1d20+7 10
Intimidate: 1d20+9 10
Streetwise: 1d20+7 11

pre:
K'atya Duskryn
HP: 32/32 (BV: 16)	AC:	17 	At Will		Encounter		Daily
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	Fort:	12 	Deft Strike	[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Handspring Assault
Init: +5; Speed: 6	Ref:	18	Sly Flourish	[ ] Dazing Strike
P.I.: 11; P.P.: 11	Will:	13			[ ] Cloud of Darkness
Action Point: 1 [ ]; Vision: Darkvision			[ ] Inevitable Strike
Languages: Common, Elven, Primordial

Passives:
Artful Dodger: +2 AC vs Opportunity Attacks
First Strike: Have CA against targets who have not acted
Thieves' Tools: +2 to Thievery to Open Lock/Disable Trap

Klungar fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 25, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

edited out

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 25, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Muck clambers back up to his feet, grateful that his scaled body didn't allow for the the blush of embarrassment to shine on his face like in some of the squishier races. Swiping off what ale he can from his clothing, he drops into what appears to be a textbook bow from an etiquette manual, or at least a facsimile of what you would imagine one to look like if it were run through the drug addled depths of a kobold's mind. Bobbing his head up and down as he finishes his little apologetic display, he runs his finger's across his face "Masks is better for hiding faces! Lots can see right through the dark!"

Smoothing down his sopping scarf, Muck continues to jitter excitedly, rocking back and forth on his heels "Muck has no problem taking drugmen job! Cleaning town of detritivores is nice for community! Nice for coinpurse too." Muck's fingers twitch, it wouldn't be surprising to find a cache of coin hidden in these warehouses, the ones they were meant to be searching or those adjacent, or in possession of this Terry Shebrom, it would be a welcome bit of padding to the meagre funds "The Whisperer" was offering for his high class services.

The excitement at the prospect of side gold passes quickly and Muck's body begins calm, slight movements still apparent as his tail and fingertips refuse to stop. Quirking his head to the side he nods at Alli and addresses The Whisperer "Wanna know 'bout warehouses too, okay to rough people up if we have to? Or want this done quiet like mice?"

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 26, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Garrod Stormbrewer

Grunting as a cacophony of voices call back and forth, all manner of information being passed about, I shift aside as the rest of the company do what I see as a fine job of getting information out of the man. Never was that good dealing with people. Still feeling as if we could have gotten a better price, I return to my pitcher of ale that I set aside, annoyed at the kobold wasting another. That was the third time this week if I was counting right, and I was certain I had. Regardless, I settled into a rickety chair and quietly listened; if I wasn't going to be any use during negotiations, then the least I could do was pay attention to who was useful.

Alli and Bruno were their names? Good heads on 'em. Half-orc was keeping records, even. I hadn't thought of that. Hadn't thought of much, really, going into this line of business. Just...expected it to go smoothly. Well, that hadn't gone well from the start. Would just have to prove I deserved my keep in other ways then. Hearing Muck speak, I grumbled to myself. If he wanted quiet, he had the wrong dwarf, though there were a fair number in this company that were skilled in that regard. Taking another sip of the ale, I continued to listen.

pre:

General

Covok
May 27, 2013

"I'm going to make this clear: anymore discussion of the price will result in a 20% deduction. I tire of this bargaining. Anyone can do this job: you're just convenient." His tone is as tough as steel and sharp as a sword: I'd suggest not talking about the price anymore.

Crouching down to eye level with the Kobold, "I don't wear a mask because I'm not that afraid if you knew. It's more for those outside that I might have run into on the way here. You, aren't worth that fear." Taking a breathe, "As for the warehouse, you may deal with things as you see fit. Know, though, that, if you're caught, we have friends in the town guard who will ignore any claims you were hired and not investigate into who we are. You're being paid, but you're on your own."

Ali, you must feel a little annoyed. He completely ignored you. Not too uncommon for a street urchin like yourself, but must be annoying none-the-less. That does set off a spark in you. I mean, if he didn't know anything, a man like him would have just said so. He must know something. Why would he dodge? Why would he jump to the first distraction to get away from you? He knows something and, as he looks back up, you can tell he knows that you know.

"Very well, hunter. You seem too perceptive to fool this way. We had a feeling that a local halfling, Smegal, may be involved in the trade. Letting the Daask use his warehouse at night in exchange for profit. But, he is involved with the Boromar as well and is good friends with their leader: we were told not to interfere with his warehouse by my employer. As such, I never said anything about it. As for Terry, it is well know that he is a womanizer and a pretty face can easily deceive him. But, considering your lot, I felt that was useless information." He laughs a little as he finishes his sentence and gets back upright.

No more negotiations on the price. It's fair to say you failed it enough lol.

Wahad should be able to post in two days.

Any female PC has a +2 bonus to social checks against Terry.

DC 0 check on the Boromar clan reveals they are the most powerful criminal organization in Sharn. They are powerful and influential in ways that are, honestly, depressing. A lot of the guard and politicians are in their pocket.
DC 15 Streetwise can reveal more on the clan.

DC 0 on Smegal reveals nothing.
DC 10 Streetwise to know anything about him.

Covok fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 27, 2016

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

K'atya Duskryn

K'atya felt like she made one step forward by getting some more info on Dagger Horns, but another pair of names she didn't recognize sent her reeling like a drunk on payday. "Smegal? You sure you aren't just pulling these names out from beneath that shadowy cloak of yours? I've at least heard of the Boromar before, but if you keep trying to lord this information over us, you're just as likely to make our bells ring."

Streetwise (Boromar): 1d20+7 18
Streetwise (Smegal): 1d20+7 15

pre:
K'atya Duskryn
Surges: 8/8 (V: 8)	Fort:	12 	Deft Strike	[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Handspring Assault

Passives:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

The instinctive desire to poke holes in the logic behind The Whisperer's fashion choices is quickly brushed aside when the man offers up that violence is very much on the table and that there are no particular restrictions on the job other than not getting caught. Muck's eyes glaze a bit as his attention is drawn away from the client and drift toward the box in the corner where his gear is stored, a mighty desire to begin mixing his poisons and to check the condition of his blades welling up in his tiny stomach.

Muck's fingers begin to drum against his leg as he tries to draw his attention back to the situation at hand. Having only recently begun the process of weaning himself off of Dreamlily, Muck's brain was itching for the sweet feeling of invincibility the juice offered, a good scuffle or two to get the blood flowing would stimulate his brain in a similar enough way to scratch that itch for the moment.

quote:

No particular questions or followups from Muck's direction, I'm good to proceed once everyone else is done grilling our employer for info :v:.

Covok
May 27, 2013

K'atya Duskryn

Boromar Clan:
You know that the Boromar Clan started as smugglers and run a vast ring of smuggling operations across the city. They also own most of the gambling halls. Most thieves and fences are forced to pay tribute to them to operate in Sharn. Boromar big issue with the Daask is they are normally a guerrilla organization and it is hard for the Boromar to deal with such a mobile group. The Boromar are just too big to cover all of their operations. An interesting little fact that comes to mind about them is that it isn't unheard of for them to use intermediaries to setup jobs with smaller gangs, a tacit the Daask are forcing them to. After all, it both avoids direct loss/assault on Boromar assets/members as well as aiding them in securing or attacking such a mobile group as the Daask. Perhaps the Whisperer was hired by them.

The most important thing to know about the Boromar, though, is that they are so entrenched in the city that, unlike smaller gangs, cutting off the head will not kill the body, it will simply grow a new one. In other words, never fight or cross them unless you are either strong or crazy. They can outlast you no matter who you kill.

Smegal:

Smegal is one of those halflings who well integrated into city life. As a matter of fact, it's well know that he hates being associated with the tribal reality of his people. He views himself as better than "that filth" and is easily annoyed if this questioned as well as easily pleased if indulged. Like many city halflings, he became a merchant, but quickly set up a shop in the Bazaar of Middle Dura, where as most halflings do the whole "wandering merchant" routine. It was, no doubt, an attempt to reject his nomadic culture. His shop flourished as his skills as a magewright led to him finding a cheaper and automated way of producing fire elemental sealed in glass containers, commonly called "firebulbs." A near essential item, being able to sell it for less while having a greater profit margin when compared to his competitors, he ran out most of his competitors and grew rather high in society.

He can be found in Korranath of the Upper Central Plateau in an upscale residence.

Any social attempt that indulges Smegal's view of himself as the pinnacle of wealth and class receives a +2 bonus as well as vice versa.

Just tell me when y'all want to move on and such, by the way. Just saying.

Covok fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 27, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Garrod Stormbrewer

Finishing off the pitcher and laying it down, I give a nod to the members of the company, keeping an eye trained on the jumpy kobold as I do so.

"Think we've heard enough, aye? Might have...15 days, is it? But no reason to waste more time than we have to. Let's get moving, lads."

quote:

Ready to move on whenever everyone else is. If we take it to a vote, than I prefer the warehouse first over the minotaur.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli Windham

"Well thank you very much for your patronage, Mr. Whisperer. We'll ensure your job is done, and done professionally, as hard as that may be to believe from looking at us," she says with a soft chuckle.

---

"Ok guys, now that we just about chased away our first break, we should probably figure out how to actually hit this mark. I say we start with this Smegal fellow, see what he knows about the Daask and use him to shut them out of the warehouse district quietly before we take out Terry." She then adds, "I also feel like we should definitely not cause any harm to the halfling, so that we don't draw the ire of anyone too big for us to take on." She takes a second to think before adding, "I suppose there is another option for dealing with them in the Stores, which is to just crash their party at night. It'd be more direct and more fun, but might draw some unwanted legal attention."

---

Ready to move on as well. I also will vote for warehouse first. I don't mind going straight for the Daask at night, but I'd be amenable to talking to Smegal first too.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 27, 2016

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

K'atya Duskryn

"Let's get moving then. Nothing more fun than getting a man who doesn't want to talk to tell you things."

pre:
K'atya Duskryn

Passives:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Muck bobs his head distractedly after the client has left and discussions as to what must be done come to the fore "Muck wanna poke around warehouses, free shinies laying everywhere I bets."

Slamming the wooden box containing his gear on the precariously wobbly table, Muck is quick to remove his weapons, a paired dagger and rapier that seem slightly too large for him and something that clearly doesn't belong to him; a very delicate pair of palm sized metallic leaves that seem unassuming at first, but as Muck pulls them apart a razor thin wire springs into sight.

Satisfied with the state of his primary weapons Muck nods to himself and sets to work grinding a bundle of shady looking herbs into a paste with a mortar and pestle drawn from the same box. His work done, Muck scrapes the thick paste into a small box and places it in a tiny pouch on his hip.

As he works through his little rituals, Muck notices Garrod staring at him off and on, clearly Muck's accidental waste of the dwarf's precious ale had offended him greatly. Hoping to make amends, Muck locks his eyesight on that of the dwarf and draws his still sopping scarf off from around his neck and begins to wring it out into the overturned pitcher, followed by his shirt.

Having wrung his clothing mostly dry and collected a decent amount of the fluid back into the pitcher Muck, while still keeping his eyes uncomfortably politely locked with Garrods, slams the reclaimed fluids from within the pitcher and places it down on the table slightly harder than the rickety thing was probably prepared to deal with.

quote:

Preparing Bloodroot as my daily poison.

Warehouse here we come :v:.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 28, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Garrod Stormbrewer

I glare at Muck, trying to gauge the intent of his action. Was he mocking me right now? Or was this a dare, a challenge? That I wouldn't drink the ruined remnants of the Stormbrewer ale just because it had soaked through his ragged clothes? That I would simply sit by, as the last present from the family before agreeing to keep our distance in fear of my new line of work interfering with the brewery was wasted? Without a word, I snatch up the pitcher and finish it off, keeping my eyes locked the entire time. Then, expression still completely grim, I slam it back down onto the table. I let a second pass, two seconds, three... before letting out a hearty laugh and slapping him across the back.

"Right now, I think that's enough fooling around. Next time though, make sure it goes down your throat and not your scarf. Tastes better that way I find."

Chuckling with a wide grin, I can't help but shake my head. Eventually, though, I manage to return to a more serious mood as I listen to Alli speak.

"Aye, I think she has the right of it. Let's start with the halfing and move our way up from there, eh?"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Here is the link to the roll20. Everyone has control of the PC pogs. This will be the honor system, people. Don't disappoint.

The Stores, what a lovely place. Not a shock, it's a lovely city. There isn't any taxpayers or voters here so the guards are non-existent, just like lower Dura. Doesn't it feel good to be in a place so much like home? Didn't think so.

Well, it isn't that lawless. Business man have rights and their warehouses getting raided isn't the best thing for guard to deal with. It's like everywhere else: if you got money, you're protected. If not, go gently caress yourself!

It's a dark, cold night. Not shocking for Vult. Its early winter. Honest people are sleeping in their beds. Warm and content with the lovely lives they live. You're out in a crime ridden hellhole. What does that say about you?

Smegal's warehouse is what you would expect: a bog standard warehouse. Not much to look at. I guess his extravagance ends when it comes to the lives of his workers: spare no expense, except when my employees are involved. Typical business man. I wonder what you will be like when you make it big. Hah! As if.

The lights on the factory wall keep it bright, but the rest of the area is low-light, the street lights reach near the factory, but you can still hide in the shadows. A hobgoblin is posted at each door with a large dog sleeping between them: guards, no doubt. A fence surrounds the entire structure to keep people out. A minor inconvenience.

Well, this is the place. This is the time. Time to make fools of yourself!

DC 0 Hobgoblins are big, thuggish creatures. They aren't big here in Sharn, but word is that a group of them started a small nation at the end of the Last War. They are known to be some of the original inhabitants of Khorvaire and are often grouped together with goblins and bugbears as "goblinoids."

DC 0 Dogs are cute, cuddly creatures that make better pets than cats. Anyone who thinks cats are better pets is wrong. The previous statements are absolute fact. Dogs like to bite. Guard dogs like to bite even more.

If only one person sneaks in, it will be a DC 15 Stealth Check. The dogs sense of smell makes it harder to get in. Though, even if you succeed, you will need to pass a DC 10 Acrobatics to get into one of the windows.

If you go as a group, it will be a skill challenge. Now 4e skill challenges kind of suck. So, instead, we'll use Mystic Theurge's system instead. It can be found here.

Infiltrate The Warehouse
Primary Task: Enter the Warehouse without alerting anyone or leaving a trail.
Prerequisite:
Format: 2 allowed failures; single roll; progressive

20 - You get in and have free movement within the base.
15- You get in without being noticed but those inside are aware something is up outside: they have reason to be cautious, but nothing more.
10 - You get in without being noticed but those inside are on high alert: they don't know where you are, but they know you're here.
0 - You put the base on high alert. Stealth is useless from this point forward and you're in combat.

Failure A - Split up and go in separate ways. Each character is now responsible for her own success. Reroll the primary check.
Failure B - Create a diversion. Do something to distract guards. (also “Assassination. Silently end one or more guards.”) If you fail an Easy check, the base goes on high alert and the skill challenge ends immediately.
Failure C - Use a difficult mode of entry, such as tunneling or squeezing into a very tight space. If you do not pass at least a Moderate DC, you take damage from your efforts.

Suggested helping tasks: distract the guards/dogs, boosting everyone up to the window

The gist for you guys to get is this: one person starts it off and rolls. If they want to keep going, they need to take a failure. They can choose any of the three failure actions (if it was listed as 1,2,3... you need to take them in order) to take to describe how it weakens your efforts. Because this is progressive, every time someone rolls, if they exceed the original, they replace it, and, if they don't, they increase the result by 2. If it were a "strategic" challenge, every roll replaces the last. This skill challenge is limited to 2 failures before you're stuck with the final result. You get the lowest tier your value fits into. As this is single roll, we only consider one person's result and they count for the group. If it was "everyone rolls," everyone rolls and it would be considered individually.

DC 20 - 5 per 50 GP spent Diplomacy, Bluff, or Intimidate to bribe the guards into letting you in. Minimum 10 GP must be spent on bribe. The guards will just take your money if you fail. You can get it back by robbing or killing them.

Covok fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Aug 28, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Muck's excitement about finally being on the job is quite obvious as the group makes their way down toward The Stores, his chattering surely getting on some nerves "Good shinies hidden here sometime" he points to various warehouses as though to illustrate a point, but fails to actually elucidate on whatever it is that has caught his eye.

When Smegal's warehouse comes into sight Muck scampers off into the dark, his felt padded feet making little noise on the ground as he runs a quick circuit around the fenced off warehouse. Eying his options Muck shrugs, he could easily sneak into this place on his own, but his diminutive form wasn't particularly good at hauling around the loot in the afterward.

Tapping his fingers gently against his hips as he thinks, inspiration strikes as Muck nears the completion of his loop around the compound. A pair of long ladders sit forgotten, leaning against one of the adjacent warehouses, obviously left by some absentminded contractor doing repairs on the same warehouse's roof.

A few moments go by Muck is standing triumphantly atop the building, his self-directed congratulations swept away as he begins the task of hauling the second ladder up to his position. Removing his scarf, Muck ties the ratty thing to the ends and sets about precariously lowering the ladder's now padded top silently to the adjacent rooftop belonging to Smegal's warehouse. It would be an unsettling walk across, but the group would be largely unnoticed. It wasn't like there was anything worth looking up for in Lower Dura anyway.

Doing his best to keep his breathing steady from the exertion, Muck makes his way back to the group in silence and tugs at a few sleeves here and there before whispering "Muck made us a bridge. Come! Come with!" and tottering off proudly in the direction of his makeshift rooftop entrance.

The kobold wasn't perhaps the smoothest person socially, but he apparently knew his way around the shadows.

quote:

Stealth: 24 for the group challenge so pass I guess :v:. The skill challenge thing seems neat and I imagine we'll probably have higher DCs to contend with later that will necessitate multiple people rolling haha.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Aug 28, 2016

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

K'atya Duskryn

K'atya hadn't even noticed that the little lizard had slithered away, so intently focused was she on surveying the warehouse and trying to plan her own means of entry. She'd have to make sure she continually honed her skills so that she didn't end up on the razor wire's edge of irrelevancy. Once they reach the rooftop of the adjacent building, K'atya jealously glowers into the Muck and growls, "Just remember, hatchling, you aren't the only one who knows how to play 'knives-in-the-dark'. Don't be imaging how you'll be spending my share of the job just yet." She takes a few steps back from the edge of the roof, and forgoing the ladder completely, leaps across the city chasm, landing expertly and quietly on the other side. Staying low, she returns to the ladder, securing it from this side to ease her partners' passing.

Acrobatics: 1d20+10 27

Covok
May 27, 2013

Alright, 24. That gives you the 20 result: you get in and have free movement within the base.

The Kobold did a step to prove his entire species isn't a waste of life. Well, almost. Maybe. If you squint.

Regardless, you enter into the warehouse (The Roll20 is on a new page) on the rafters. These wooden beams suspend you above the factory floor. This isn't too surprising, of course. Our corporate overlords must look down upon us whenever needed to ensure we aren't speaking out of line or thinking too hard: it's bad for business if we do.

Underneath you, goblins work on taking large quantities of red powder from some crates into small packages. No doubt for wider distribution. How disgusting. They feed on people's sickness and let them slowly kill themselves to line their pockets. They're like fast food companies: morally bankrupt and deserving of punishment.

Two hobgoblins seem to be standing guard. They seem more preoccupied in ensuring the goblins don't steal supply then checking for intruders: that's what the outside guards are for.

Well, what are you going to do, tough guys? You dying to get XP? GP? Levels? You willing to kill to line your pockets like this scum?

Of course you are, I know your type: you treat life like a big game made just for your amusement.

Sickening.

DC 0 Goblins are small creatures that fall into the category of golbinoids alongside Hobgoblins and Bugbears. Like those groups, they are known to be the original denizens of Sharn and tend to live closer to the bottom where the old city exists.
DC 15 History to know more.

DC 20 Stealth to get down on the floor without them noticing.

DC 10 Perception to hear what they're saying.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Garrod Stormbrewer

Quiet. It wasn't a word that I would normally use to describe me. Or describe me ever, really. So infiltrating the warehouse? Had me worried some, that was for sure. But the kobold, he found the company another way in. One that even I could follow without causing a ruckus. There was something to be said about that, though the drow seemed to take offense. Would have to keep watch on that, but later. For now? Now I had to accomplish something for the company other than making an rear end of myself. In an odd turn of events, I motioned for the others to keep silent as I attempted to listen closely to the working goblinoids.

"Hold on, lads; I think I can make out something."

Listening in the Warehouse (DC 10 Perception): 1d20+4 17

Covok
May 27, 2013

Well, your dwarfish ears are good for something, it seems. You can make out their talking.

"This stuff hurts my hands" one of the little goblins mutter, "It's as hot as a dragon's rear end in a top hat."

"What you would know?"

"Well...no, it's just...I mean, really?"

"Hey!" the hobgoblin guard pipes up, "Keep your stupid mouths shut. The boss needs this stuff bagged by morning. Its annoying enough the song and dance we got to do to get these aureon forsaken crates in here, but listen to you lot brattle on is a nightmare. Now, get this bagged up, shut up, and be ready and smiling for when the next shipment comes up from Precarious tomorrow."

DC 0 The skydocks of Precarious is the main docks for the entire city and is heavily guardered as a result. It is a very dangerous place to be and most people hire escorts while traveling through it. In a way, its import if why the Stores are so easy to hide things in: the guards care much more about keeping Precarious running than keeping the Stores safe.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Muck leaves Garrod to eavesdrop, the kobold eager to continue to display his prowess at flitting through the shadows. Circling around the rafters, Muck surveys the warehouse floor spotting a veritable abundance of places he can duck behind to choke out any of the present workers. As heavily caught up in tactical pondering as he is, Muck fails to notice the tranisition from rafters to stairwell and proceeds to careen head over heels downward, his tiny form rattling back and forth across the stairs.

quote:

17 stealth

Covok
May 27, 2013

"What the hell is that!?" one of the goblin cries out.

"It's a kobold" Another replies.

"It's someone who heard too much." The hobgoblin says reaching for his weapon, "End him."

DC 20 Bluff check or roll initiative!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Muck is quick to hop back to his feet and get up in the face of one of the Hobgoblins "You hear of safety railings!?" He jabs a clawed finger into the hobgoblin's chest and shakes his head "Terry want his order now! Cheaper too! Why you late? Terry want to know!" Muck begins swaggering over to one of the goblins and inspecting the goods in the crates, the natural ease with which he's moving clearly that of some high tier enforcer "You been late too many times! Terry want know why he keep having to wait wait wait!"

Finishing his "inspection" of the goods, Muck marches back toward the center of the warehouse, an attempt at drawing the eyes of the goons present toward him and away from his allies.

quote:

Bluff: :siren:25:siren: Muck is totally supposed to be here! Terry sent him of course!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 30, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'm going to make it a habit to link to this in every post.

Those hobgoblins look dumber than they normally look: total blank face. Finally, some emotion comes back over it.

"The rat-faced bitch thinks he can order us around? That guy needs a lesson. A big lesson! Oh! Oh, wait until the boss hears about this poo poo. And sending some punkass kobold? Trust a loving karrnathian to be like that. A bunch of military hotheads, the lot of them. Should have burned their home to glass in the Last War."

Looks like they're stuck in petty squabbels over Terry and not noticing you. To be expected of a bunch of two-bit, know nothing thugs with poo poo for brains.

DC 0 Karrnath is one of the five nations of Khorvaie, the continent you're on. It is known for being militaristic and requires military service of all its citizens for a set time. It has a bad rap since it has used necromancy to fill the ranks of its army. A fact often believed to be rumor.

DC 0 The people of Eberron care little of race, but care a lot of national origin, at least in Khorvaie. Few care if you're an Elf, many might care if you're from Thrane. Important to know if you're ever abroad. For the record, Sharn and, presumably, you live in the nation of Breland, the most industrial of the five nations.

You are now, essentially, stealthed.

Covok fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 30, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck
Campaign Cheat Sheet

Muck is prepared to draw his blades as irritation wells up on the gob-kin's faces, but just as quickly as their tempers flared up toward him, they've moved on to yelling at each other. Confused and now seemingly unnoticed, Muck presses himself up against a nearby crate, trying to make himself harder to notice, his tiny grippers finding the leafy clasp of his garotte and unwinding a good length of deadly wire.

Still a bit baffled as to how he managed to avoid being stabbed to death just moments ago, Muck braces himself against the crate, prepared to spring into action once his companions have decided on how they wish to proceed.

quote:

Mechanically I want to ready Garotte Strangle* with the trigger being combat initiating. I'm good to sit there hopefully unnoticed until the party is ready to go.

*Requires I be Hidden, Shift up to 2 and make the attack as an at-will standard. Have Muck's pog moved to the bottom center of the crate stacks to mirror his in fiction movement.

e: Initiative of 19 for when it becomes relevant.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Aug 30, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Alli Windham

Alli silently loads her crossbow and takes aim at the nearest hobgoblin. She whispers to her fellow mercenaries, "I'll give y'all cover from up here, you go down there and take those pricks out."

Initiative: 1d20+13 17 for when we're ready to go

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 30, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Garrod Stormbrewer

And just as I had praised the kobold too, he got himself caught by the guards. Somehow he managed to bluff his way out of the situation, but it was close. Too close. More importantly, if Muck could get caught, then me and the other heavyweights barely had a chance at all. Which meant our best bet? Taking advantage that they didn't know the rest of us were here. Speaking of, the lizardman, Ghesh... he had escaped my attention until now, oddly enough. Big fella like that, you'd think he'd be hard to miss. Well, he was here now, and that's what mattered, wasn't it? I nod at Alli as Bruno takes his own place beside me, readying my urgrosh as I whisper back,

"Sounds like a plan to me, lass. Right then, on three. One... two... three!"

Excited despite myself, there's a grin on my face as I leap off the rafters, swinging recklessly at the hobgoblin below as I descend with...not as much grace as I had hoped. The fall knocks the wind out of me, and I recover only after everyone else has made their moves.

Charging Melee v. Hobgoblin (AC ?): 1d20+8 23 with Hidden CA 1d12+4 15
I forgot you only get one Action during the surprise round, so I technically couldn't have used Brand of the Sun, so I re-rolled a Charging Basic Melee. My bad!
Initiative in the Warehouse: 1d20-1 1 :v:

pre:
Garrod Stormbrewer

General

Passives
Stand Your Ground: [Can move one less square when forced to move, can make a saving throw when knocked prone to stay standing]
Cast-Iron Stomach: [+5 to poison saving throws]
Battle Cleric's Lore: [+2 shield AC, whenever a cleric healing power allows a target to spend a healing surge, target +2 attack rolls until EOMNT]

At-Will
Melee Basic: [+7 v. AC, 1d12+4]
Brand of the Sun: [Melee v. AC, +7, 1d12+6 radiant, self or ally within 5 can make saving throw] 
Lance of Faith: [Ranged 5 v. Reflex, 1d8+6 radiant, ally within sight +2 power bonus to next attack roll against target]

Encounter
[ ] Second Wind [ ] Guardian's Counter [ ] [ ] Healing Word
[ ] Earthen Hail[ ] Favor of the Gods/Turn Undead

Daily
[ ] Beacon of Hope

Inventory
Urgrosh, Scale Armor, Ritual Book, Holy Symbol, Adventurer's Kit, Bottle of Wine, Pitcher of Ale (25)

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 30, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

"Alright, gently caress these guys! lets go!" Alli cries as she lets a bolt fly at the hobgoblin nearest her and, without even waiting to see the result, swiftly reloads her crossbow and looses another bolt at it. She quickly reloads her crossbow again, looking around and waiting for her next opportunity to strike

Twin Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 14 1d10+6 11 1d20+10 21 1d10+6 11 +2 to each due to Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx and +2 to each due to CA from surprise/hidden = 18 and 25 to hit

e: now with combat block!

pre:
Alli Windham
HP: 23/23		AC:	17 	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 6/6 (V: 5)	Fort:	13 	Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +13*	Ref:	18	Vision: Normal
Stealth: +10
Languages: Common, Elven
* With Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx

Superior Crossbow: +10, 1d10+6 (Load Minor, Ranged 20/40)
Longsword +10, 1d8+2 (Versatile)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Aimed Shot		[ ] Second Wind
Clever Shot		[ ] Disruptive Shot
Rapid Shot
Twin Strike

Aspects of the Wild:
Aspect of the Dancing Serpent: Can shift 1 at end of turn as free action;
	+1 to attack and damage on MBA & RBA vs enemy w/ none of its allies adjacent
Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx: +4 to initiative; +2 to attack in first
	turn of encounter; +WIS power bonus to all defefnses against OAs provoked
	by moving

Passives:
Crossbow Hunter: Reload "load minor" crossbows with free action
Crossbow Expertise: Ignore enemy benefits of partial and superior cover 
Ambush Expertise: When I make a Stealth check, Allies in 10sq gain +2
 	to their next Stealth check until EOMNT
Watchful Rest: No -5 penalty to Perception checks while sleeping during
	extended rest.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 30, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Muck

It's a few tense moments as Muck waits for the party to do something, when suddenly they just burst into combat. Heartily approving of this plan of action Muck jumps onto the edge of the crate behind him and launches himself through the air, his garotte finding purchase around one of the distracted hobgoblins' throat and biting in savagely.

pre:
Muck

HP: 28/28 (BV: 14)	AC:	16 	Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 10/10 (V:7)	Fort:	15 	Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: 19		Ref:	15	Vision: Darkvision

At Will		  Encounter		  Daily
Quick Lunge	  [ ] Second Wind	  Prepared Poison 1/1
Poisoned Dagger	  [ ] Skulking Spy        [ ] Bloodroot
Garrote Strangle  [ ] Shifty Maneuver 		
		  [x] Assassin's Strike
	          [ ] Hidden Lore
	          [ ] Mind Shadows

Passives:
Attack Finesse: Add 1d8 to a damage roll once per turn.
Kobold- +2 defenses vs Traps.

Surprise! posted:

Garotte Strangle: Muck Shifts 2 squares toward the right side hobgoblin and attacks.

Attack Action: 27 to hit vs Reflex for 8 damage
No Action: Attack Finesse(roll in link above) 8 additional damage
No Action: Assassin's Strike- 6 damage
Conditional Free Action: If the Hobgoblin dies during the surprise round I'll activate Hidden Lore as a free action. The trigger is killing a creature or an enemy dropping to 0 adjacent to me->Become invisible until end of my next turn.

Right side Hobgoblin is now Grabbed* until the end of my next turn. Target has a -2 to attacks they make against me and cannot speak. They can attempt to Escape by using their move action if they wanna try to do so.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Ghesh

Ghesh had been following the pack dutifully. The pack, yes, for that's what they were, to him. His new comrades in arms, his sleeping fellows, even if they were soft skins. Negotiations he had left to them, for everybody who knew Ghesh - including himself - knew that while he knew many words, his mastery of language was not nearly as good as his mastery of economics. So he had waited, and followed, quiet like the little kobold. He'd even climbed the warehouse and ended up in the rafters, waiting as patiently as somebody like him can.

And then, joy of joys! His fellows charged into battle. Ghesh's grin erupts into a full, toothy laugh, which changes into a terrifying howl as he jumps down off the rafters and charges forward to the nearest hobgoblin, slamming his flail into the unsuspecting guard. Muck would have to hold on tightly!

Standard: Charge to the hobgoblin Muck is grabbing and hit him with a Howling Strike at 1d20+11=28. Damage for 2d6+1d6+6=15.
Initiative: d20+1=9

pre:
Ghesh   						 
HP: 25/25 (THP: )        AC:   15    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 8/8 (V: 6)       For:  18    Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  13    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 13    Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Howling Strike          [ ] Dragonfear                       [ ] Rage Drake's Frenzy
Pressing Strike         [ ] Escalating Violence                   
                        [ ] Iron Wolf Charge        
                        [ ] Roar of Triumph
                        [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Flail Expertise: Choose to knock enemies prone instead of sliding.
Thaneborn Triumph: When I bloody an enemy, get a bonus to next attack against that enemy.
Rampage: Once per round, on a crit, get a free MBA.

• Locked thread