Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
it's not like this is loving 1997 where not pre-ordering means you might have to wait longer to get a game because the store sold out of their first shipment. poo poo's all digital now.

"hurrrrr yeah i'm gonna give publishers my money in advance so that if it turns out the goddamn reviewers are full of poo poo and the game sucks, i'm locked in to the purchase!! hey why do games keep on sucking and shipping with huge bugs all the time????????"

goddamn you're so loving compulsively desperate to spend spend spend that you can't even wait for the product to be real before you buy it. loving incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

it's not like this is loving 1997 where not pre-ordering means you might have to wait longer to get a game because the store sold out of their first shipment. poo poo's all digital now.

"hurrrrr yeah i'm gonna give publishers my money in advance so that if it turns out the goddamn reviewers are full of poo poo and the game sucks, i'm locked in to the purchase!! hey why do games keep on sucking and shipping with huge bugs all the time????????"

goddamn you're so loving compulsively desperate to spend spend spend that you can't even wait for the product to be real before you buy it. loving incredible

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
game reviewers

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I pre-ordered Slime Rancher. Only correct decision I ever made in my crummy life.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Well its early access I mean.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

i pre ordered a SA account and it definitely was a bad idea

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The day before Star Ocean 5 came out I was all "Man I should have preordered it. Star Ocean games are usually fun despite their flaws" but I missed the deadline by the time I got home and so decided to look up a few reviews. lmao did I dodge a bullet.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I remember in 2004 I went into Gamestop and felt guilted into preordering Halo 2 from some sad sack clerk. Some dude was there and made fun of him, and the clerk was like "hey, some people like Halo!" And the guy was like, "not making fun of that, making fun of you!" And an argument ensued.

I get all my poo poo online now so as to avoid the sad pathetic human element of going in stores.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i like to put the vibrating controller on my nipples while playing

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

I remember in 2004 I went into Gamestop and felt guilted into preordering Halo 2 from some sad sack clerk. Some dude was there and made fun of him, and the clerk was like "hey, some people like Halo!" And the guy was like, "not making fun of that, making fun of you!" And an argument ensued.

I get all my poo poo online now so as to avoid the sad pathetic human element of going in stores.

You ever see those dudes who go to the shop just to hit on the what ever high school girl with multi colored hair they tricked into working there?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Between star citizen, the division, and sim city 5, I don't anymore. I am a bad buyer of video games.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
It's really actually about ethics in games preordering

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

smug n stuff posted:

It's really actually about ethics in games preordering
"Pre-order exclusive from gamestop"

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
retards do, op.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

satanic splash-back posted:

i like to put the vibrating controller on my nipples while playing

:same: even when not playing, sometimes

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
the american consumer is sometimes willing to invest 65 dollars with the guarantee that they get an action figure or soundtrack of the game now, and then possibly a very bad game later

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I díd it with MGSV. The game sucked, never again.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

extra stout posted:

the american consumer is sometimes willing to invest 65 dollars with the guarantee that they get an action figure or soundtrack of the game now, and then possibly a very bad game later

shameful

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I think preordering would be a much better deal if the incentive was, "Hey, for pledging to buy this game in advance, you're going to have a locked-in price of $50 instead of $60 if you pick it up on release date," or "if you preorder now, when you pick it up on release date you can grab any pre-owned game for the same system for $14.99 or less for free."

I think the only time I preordered a game was when I was going to get something like $15 in store credits for doing so.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

im not condoning it, i would never put 65 dollars down ahead of time for no mans sky, unless you offered me at least a pack of trading cards, stickers, other high quality """"swag bag""" stuff

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Yeah I'll preorder a game for a toy, what's up? IDGAF, I'm a piece of poo poo and I know it.

Having said that, I don't think I've preordered a game since ~2008. I'm just saying, if the toy was good enough, I would do it.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i kickstarted barkley 2 and it still hasn't come out. i'm gonna loving die before barkley 2 comes out i just know it. gently caress

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The same.e reason people spend $170 on ultra special editions of games that come with a $4 art booklet that highlights all the corners they cut in development and a $5 vinyl statue that looks like it's melting.

because marketing hype

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Amazon Prime gives a discount if you preorder

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Gamers who want the full battlefield experience can purchase a "pro pass" to get the ultimate in modern combat videogame experience

also 14 year olds

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Edgar posted:

microsofts response to this: ship games to amazon 6 months later, without the custom blue LIGHTNING AWP GUN that you get if you buy from the MicroShop

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

extra stout posted:

im not condoning it, i would never put 65 dollars down ahead of time for no mans sky, unless you offered me at least a pack of trading cards, stickers, other high quality """"swag bag""" stuff

sorry, didn't mean to say you were, just that what you described is shameful

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

uhhhhh special preorder DLC, idiot

yeah video games these days are stupid

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hell Yeah posted:

i kickstarted barkley 2 and it still hasn't come out. i'm gonna loving die before barkley 2 comes out i just know it. gently caress
kickstarting is worse than pre-ordering because at least you know for a fact you're going to get SOMETHING when you pre-order

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I pre ordered Skyrim for like thirty five bucks but I knew fully what I was getting myself into there

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

sorry, didn't mean to say you were, just that what you described is shameful

1v1 me on quake or this aint over

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Edgar posted:

They also ive u a discound if the game is really crummy, os it works before and after it comes. out

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

extra stout posted:

a good challenge

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Like for instance they were elling No MAn's sKy on the release day for like 48 dollars becuase it was relly obvious that it was a turd u had to sell as fast as possible before word got out.

oalso u knotice tht the server went down on SA right afound that tiem?? :tinfoil:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

extra stout posted:

which version of quake? i'm busy tonight and tomorrow but maybe this weekend? let me know

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

yup

"oh but I get a little plastic thingee" lol

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Sometimes they hook you up with sweet deals like free DLC that other people have to pay for.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I know you're joking but you're totally right.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
get it on sale for 50% so you can get the game and the DLC for like $40 total after the bugs are fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

so many new titles come out i bought GTA V like maybe 2???? years after it came out and im pretty happy, its a great game, spent $30 bucks.

plus there is a ton of big content for it

• Locked thread