Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thoguh posted:

Rule 12 is the only rule I'm still aware of.

I want to say "Reggie Ball is the worst quarterback of all time" was a rule eventually. Also that the Mike Valenti "MAKE PLAYS" rant after MSU-ND 2006 was mandatory listening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

So what's there to know about Cal? All I remember is that their defense usually kinda sucks and that they have two big running backs.
And Hawaii?

Sonny Dykes is a good offensive coach with a funny name but they're breaking in a new quarterback and it's probably not gonna be pretty, though Davis Webb at least has playing experience.

Hawaii are hecka bad but whatever let's go Rainbows bitch

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
First douchey QB photo of the year!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Watch ESPN keeps doing that drat skipping thing

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Aussies are about to get a lot more football whether they want it or not
https://twitter.com/wilnerhotline/status/769359615557455873

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol did he fall while kicking that?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

I do like that Hawaii managed to travel 6000 miles or something and still managed to end up playing a game that kicks off this late for US time.

Huh, after looking it up Australia is only like 1000 miles farther away from Hawaii than New York is.

I honestly figured it was closer

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is that Austin Collie's brother?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I usually don't make it to the Pac 12 After Dark experience so this is nice

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

siriuslysomething posted:

I cannot think of less interesting banter than where the goalposts came from.

I'd watch a How It's Made on them

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I can't tell if that quarter was long or if it's just been to loving long since I watched football and I have to get used to it again

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Heaf posted:

Games are longer in college as per usual. Apparently it's making high school games (12 minute quarters) go on 3 hours

I probably also watched too much Rugby Sevens in the Olympics where the games are shorter than a quarter of football

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

was that a goat noise

Glad I wasn't the only one who heard that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Alright, I'm tuckering out. This was fun for a quarter but I need the full CFB experience that starts next week. Post-June Jones Hawaii is hard to watch even with major football withdrawal.

• Locked thread