Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
i decided msg is what makes food taste good so i'm gonna season all my food with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
MSG owns.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
it is and that is a great idea man

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
here's a tip: use it as shampoo for silky smooth hair!

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I too think this is a smart move.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

right on op

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i use msg in my food and cook it for people and don't tell them. it turns out people love msg

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
put it in food? pussy, rail that poo poo

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Buy two big ole things. It's magic food dust.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

fact

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

also i like high fructose corn syrup. it's real sweet.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

its not not bad for you

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Just ate some curry I made with MSG like a boss #curry (9,001 retweets, 1,488 favorites)

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
where does the idea that its really unhealthy come from anyway? its good as hell i use it all the time

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Sonofsilversign posted:

where does the idea that its really unhealthy come from anyway? its good as hell i use it all the time
1960s era superstition and anti-Chinese racism.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

i decided msg is what makes food taste good so i'm gonna season all my food with it

MSG is also known as soy sauce

Just buy a bottle of soy sauce

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
MSG is also naturally occurring in tomatos and mushrooms, among other things. If you were MSG-sensitive but still gobbled up Italian food without incident you're probably a hypochondriac

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I knew a lady who said she was allergic to msg and I was like "lol lady you're missing out"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sonofsilversign posted:

Some guy felt a bit twitchy after eating food made at a Chinese restaurant, he hypothesized that it was due to MSG. He actually experimentally decided he was wrong, but retards clinged to his original theory, and turned MSG into a total evil.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

steinrokkan posted:

Some guy felt a bit twitchy after eating food made at a Chinese restaurant, he hypothesized that it was due to MSG. He actually experimentally decided he was wrong, but retards clinged to his original theory, and turned MSG into a total evil.

oh cool thanks

Al Cowens posted:

anti-Chinese racism.

imma use this to guilt some organic raw food weirdo into eating some lemon chicken

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

Good... Myself I do not use it but I don't really have a reason why.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Put it on vegetables so the vegetables taste better and you eat more of them you unhealthy corpulent lardass fucks

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I would bathe myself in it if I could. Just gonna settle for bathing my food in it I guess. :shrug:

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
umami jokes are so played out

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

sudonim posted:

Put it on vegetables so the vegetables taste better and you eat more of them you unhealthy corpulent lardass fucks

i already do this except with like balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese and poo poo

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

i already do this except with like balsamic vinegar and parmesan cheese and poo poo
The first 2 I'm okay with, but I'm not a big fan of eating poo poo.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

a hole-y ghost posted:

The first 2 I'm okay with, but I'm not a big fan of eating poo poo.

huh? why not? :confused:

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

i don't want to make a new thread for this and i think it is relevant. i just made a blt and that poo poo was so good. like i don't even like tomatoes really but i made it like kenji says to http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/08/blt-manifesto-how-to-make-best-bacon-lettuce-tomato-sandwich.html with some heirloom tomatoes and it was dank as gently caress

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

it's relevant bcause tomatoes have glutamate

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

Add msg too and blow your tongues mind

I mean the Japanese will put soy AND msg together on a meal and they invented the hentai you can't stop jerkin it to so they must be right???

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
A chinese take our place would call my father Mr. No MSG.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

i don't want to make a new thread for this and i think it is relevant. i just made a blt and that poo poo was so good. like i don't even like tomatoes really but i made it like kenji says to http://www.seriouseats.com/2016/08/blt-manifesto-how-to-make-best-bacon-lettuce-tomato-sandwich.html with some heirloom tomatoes and it was dank as gently caress
whoa that sounds good

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Only $47 for 10 pounds

https://www.amazon.com/Monosodium-Glutamate-MSG-lbs-Bulk/dp/B008BK60XM

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

this is a good link sincerely thanks to the op of this thread

e: i mean its a little spergy in its presentation but w/e theres some OK usuable advice in there for those of us who arent used to spending $75 on a loaf of artisanal BLT bread

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

Kenji owns, I love his book

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

I went to college with a guy whose family owned a Chinese restaurant and he had a large container of MSG in his kitchen and used it all the time, so this isn't that strange of an idea OP.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if u dont have a shaker of msg crystals in your spice cabinet go gently caress yourself

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
In Japanese, MSG is called 流血の精液 which roughly translates to 'super salt'

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
idgi how msg even works, it just makes food taste better? but thts bad for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Educate me, gbs.....What is MSG?

• Locked thread