Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

[TRANSCRIPT FROM CONFESSIONAL BOOTH #3, ORDER OF OUR MARTYRED LADY, CALIXIS MISSION, PRIMARY SECTOR ABBEY]

Sister Superior Erzsébet Vandimion: Forgive me, Confessor-Servitor Alpha-Gimmel, for I have proven wanting in the eyes of the Emperor. It has been about seven hours since my last confession, and I accuse myself of the sin of pride.

Confessor-Servitor Alpha-Gimmel: IN WHAT WAYS HAVE YOU FELT THAT YOU HAVE BEEN GUILTY OF...SIN....OF....PRIDE?!

EV: I have felt what I believe to be an undue amount of satisfaction in my personal performance in my previous mission on the planet Regulus. After purging a foul den of the heretical cult, the Beautiful Lords, discovered thanks to the local Arbite precinct and assaulted effectively and with a strange amount of subtlety thanks to the wise tactical acumen of Canonness Wacchus, I’d noticed a distinct quill left on an unused lectern, not where any of the present burnt cultists lay dying in ruined pieces. I felt it was distinctive, and decided to pick it up, wary of taint

A: KEYWORD “TAINT,” CONTEXT: OBJECT, 87% LIKELIHOOD! TAINTED OBJECTS AREM DANGEROUS TO THE SOUL! SUSPECT TAINTED OBJECTS MUST BE, TESTED THREEFOLD! ONE: VERBAL THREAT, TWO: PRESENTATION OF HOLY ICON! THREE: APPLICATION OF FORCE! FAILURE TO DO SO CONSTITUTES CLASS TWELVE PROTO-HERETICAL BE—

EV: I KNOW! Father Alpha-Gimmel! I know! I’m not a novice, I am steeled against the wiles of the warp. I put it to the test. I screamed at the quill to stand down in the name of the Emperor of Mankind, I then touched my chaplet to it, and nothing happened. And then I threw it to the ground. And sure enough, it passed the test. It was just a quill! A very nice quill with a vybreth feather, and an integrated inkwell and reactive nub. And I noticed the nub had the symbol of a local noble house, and I shared my findings and suspicions with with the Canoness. And then after reviewing maps of the nearest municipality, by the grace of the Emperor Himself, a plan sprang to my mind.

A-ג: VERY GOOD MY CHILD, IT IS GOOD, TO SHARE SUSPICIONS WITH, YOUR, SUPERIOR! A SUSPICIOUS MIND IS A HEALTHY MIND!

EV: Exactly! And I wouldn’t question a Divinely inspired plan! since after all—

EV: To question is to doubt.
A-ג—simultaneously:TO QUESTION IS TO DOUBT! PLEASE TRY TO HAVE LESS DOUBT, AND MORE ZEAL!

A-ג: VERY GOOD, PARISHIONER! YOU ARE AWARDED…THREE…RECAF INDULGENCE TICKETS, PLEASE RETRIEVE THEM ON YOUR WAY OUT OF THE CONFESSIONAL BOOTH

EV: Your kindness and understanding is limitless, Alpha-Gimmel. Anyway, I took the convent to the town square outside of this noble's villa, and began to perform a carol, the Song of St. Huk III Of the Venom-Flats, and gathered a crowd of some four hundred souls. And, in keeping with sector customs, the Lord of manner came out to greet us and give us a small consideration for the church, that they may fall into our and the Emperor’s good graces. And THAT is where I took his quill from my sleeve pocket, and when he looked at it with surprised recognition, I shrived the fiend with my inferno pistol. And sure enough, in addition to boiling brain matter, we all felt the sting of a psychic death shriek.

I told the crowd what the meaning of this was, and what had transpired, and sure enough, I had awakened the fires of faith within their souls, and the entire villa complex was reduced to ash. A majority of the dead within had sufficiently high levels of suspiciousness to be deemed excommunicatus or, otherwise with sin.

A-ג: SO, YOU HAVE… KILLED HERETICS WITH, ACCEPTABLE INNOCENT CASUALTY MARGINS? BE PROUD, CHILD. SERVING THE EMPEROR IS SERVING MANKIND. IT IS BETTER TO DIE FOR THE EMPEROR THAN TO LIVE FOR YOURSELF.

EV: But that is the problem, Confessor Gimmel! Is it not pride which leads to the worst of downfalls? Did my actions save the world from the grip of The Beautiful Lords, an insidious cult with its fingers in the planetary nobility? Very possibly! But I truly worthy to be called a hero, to be put on track for promotion? To be granted favored seating in Mass. The Canoness has been implying she wants to recruit me for some special, secret task. These awards and opportunities are given to me, and I do feel like I deserve them, but should I feel that?………Father Gimmel? Why do you speak not? Are you in deep thought? Oh, I see, your cogitator is caught on your hair, from your old days as textile weaver Gerald, some of the strands the plasma-loom didn’t shear off along with…Do you need some help? I am not trained in the ways of the Machine God but…if I could just cut—

A-ג: THO—THO—THO—THHHHHHH——THOUGHTOFTHEDAY: TO QUESTION IS TO D-D-DOUBT! PLEASE TRY TO HAVE LESS DOUBT, AND MORE ZEAL!

EV: …By St. Katherine, you’re right! Just as I do not question the Emperor’s wisdom, I must not question his bounties. My mind is at ease, Confessor. Thank you. Now please Confessor, I ask for absolution, for almost losing my way.

A-ג: …PENA—INDULGENCE!—MORTIFIC—MOR—RECAF!

EV:Um, how about for penance I just spill half of my recaf onto my bare lap, okay? I’ll go fetch the engineer. Farewell Father Alpha-Gimmel. And thank you, you are an inspiration to me.

[TRANSCRIPT ENDS]

pre:
Name: Erzsébet Vandimion
Homeworld: Schola Progenium
Family Past: Slaughtered by Rebels
Career: Battle Sister->Palatine (once ascended)
Alternate Rank: Seraphim

Divination: 79: “The only true fear is of dying with your duty not 	.” +2 Wounds.

WS:     38 (20+13)(+5 adv)
BS:     63 (20+18)(+20 adv)(+5 armor)
S:      40 (20+10)(+10 armor)
T:      31 (20+11)
Agi:    40 (20+10)(+10 adv)
Int:    29 (20+09)
Per:    30 (20+10)
WP:     50 (20+15)(+15 adv)
Fel:    51 (20+16)(+15 adv)

18, 16, 15, 13, 11, 10, 10, 10, 9 

Wounds: 20/20 (11)(+7 sound constitution)(+2 divination)
Fate: 2/2
Insanity: 0
Corruption: 0

Movement: Half-4/Full-8/Charge-12/Run-24

Influence: 

Skills:
Literacy (Int)
Speak Language (High Gothic)
Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy)
Common Lore (Imperial Creed)
Forbidden Lore (Heresy)
Performer (Singer)+10
Awareness+10
Trade (copyist)
Intimidate
Dodge+10
Command
Pilot (Jump Pack)
Climb

Talents:
Basic Weapon Training (Bolt, Las)
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive, Chain)
Pistol Weapon Training (Bolt, Flame, Melta, Las)
Hatred (Heretics)
Pure Faith
Flagellant
Sound Constitution x7
Faith Talent x5
Mighty Shot
Quick Draw
Litany of Hate
Charm
Fearless
Miraculous Survival
Tests of Faith
Ambidextrous
Two-Weapon Wielder (Balistic)
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Dual shot
Peer (Ecclesiarchy)
Gunslinger
Leap up

Faith Talents:
(6 total. can change which)
Emperor’s Sign:
Emperor’s Mercy:
Emperor’s Wrath:
-Wrath of the Righteous
-Divine Guidance
-The Passion
-Righteous Frenzy
-Religious Hysteria

Traits:
Schola Education:
Common Lore (Administratum, Ecclesiarchy, Imperial Creed, Imperium, War)
and Scholastic Lore (Philosophy) are Basic Skills.

Sheltered Upbringing:
–10 penalty on all Charm, Command, Deceive and Scrutiny Tests with lower class 
(cultists, traitors, narco-addicts, gutter scum, mutants etc.)

Tempered Will
Very Hard (-30) WP tests are -20 Instead

Equipment: 
Godwyn De’az Bolter +2 mags
Godwyn-De’az Storm Bolter +2 mags
Sororitas Power Armour
Shield Robes
Chaplet Ecclesiasticus (re-roll Charm Tests on Clergy)
Ring of Suffrage(has large golden T)(charm) 
Copy of Rule of the Sororitas
Scoriada (-10 T test to take no wounds from Flagellation)
Writing Kit
Auto-quill
4 candles

Wealth: 50 Thrones
Monthly Income: none (50T replenished at Church bases)

Acquisition: 
50: Auto-quill

Requisition:
Godwyn-De’az Storm Bolter
Seraphim Inferno Pistol x2

Armor:
Sororitas Power Armour:  7 Arms/legs/head, 8 body
Shield Robes (when out of power armor): 3 arms/legs/head

Weapons:
Name: Godwyn-De’az Bolter
Class: Basic  Dmg: 1d10+5   Type:  X     Pen: 4
Range:  90m   RoF: S/2/-    Clip: 30     Rld: Full
Special: Reliable, Tearing,

Name: Godwyn-De’az Storm Bolter
Class:  Basic  Dmg: 1d10+5    Type: X      Pen: 4
Range:  90    RoF:  S/2/4    Clip: 60      Rld: full
Special: Reliable, Tearing, Storm

Name: Seraphim Inferno Pistol
Class:  Pistol  Dmg: 2d10+2    Type: E     Pen: 10
Range:  10m    RoF:  S/-/-    Clip: 6      Rld: Full
Special: Reliable, Special*
*(If paired and fired with Dual Shot, +1d10 dmg and x2 pen)	

Name: Scoriada
Class:  Melee  Dmg: 0+SB    Type: E     Pen: 2
Range:  —      RoF:  -        Clip: -         Rld: -
Special: Primitive, Flexible

Total Exp Spent: 13,000/13,000
Exp Remaining: 0

1. - 4. Militant        0-3000 (3000/3000)
------------------------------
250: Weapon Skill (simple)
750: Agility (Simple-intermediate)
850: Willpower (simple-trained)
850: Fellowship (simple-trained)
200: Ambidextrous
100: Trade (Copyist)
000: Take Seraphim Alt. Rank 5
000: Pilot (Jump Pack)

5.  Seraphim         3000-6000 (3000/3000)
1400: Sound Constitution x7
1600: Ballistic Skill (simple-expert)

6.    6000-8000 (2000/2000)
1800: Faith Talent x5
100: FL (Heresy)
200: Pistol Weapon Training (flame)
200: Pistol Weapon Training (melta)

7.            8000-10,000 (2000/2000)
100: Pistol Weapon Training (Bolt)
100: Climb
100: Awareness
200: Awareness +10
100: Perform: (singer) +10
100: Dodge
100: Intimidate
200: Mighty Shot
100: Quick Draw
200: Rapid Reload
200: Command
300: Litany of Hate
200: Flagellant

8. Battle Sister  10,000-15,000 (3000/5000)
200: Charm
200: Fearless 
400: Miraculous Survival
300: Tests of Faith
300: Resistance (Psychic Powers)
300: Peer (Ecclesiarchy)
100: Dodge +10
100: Two Weapon Fighting (ballistic weapons)
300: Gunslinger
300: Dual shot
300: Gunslinger
200: Leap up
Characteristics: http://orokos.com/roll/430775
Wounds: http://orokos.com/roll/430776
Fate: http://orokos.com/roll/430777
Insanity: http://orokos.com/roll/430825
Corruption: http://orokos.com/roll/430828
Divination: http://orokos.com/roll/430832

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 10, 2016

Adbot