Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

For nigh upon seven centuries, Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Cornelius Dukovich has dedicated every fiber of his being to hunting down a heinous sorcerer whose maelific rituals had ushered in an age of darkness and dissent to the sector that was once under his protection. Small as it was, the sector once contained numerous paradise and shrine worlds, and now, under the iron fist of a chaos warband headed by the villainous wizard, has become one of the most dangerous regions on the fringes of Imperial space.

Shamed and ostracized for his constant failures and inability to track down the sorcerer and his band, Dukovich's sanity has long been damaged by his endless hunt; now paranoid and delusional about the very scope and importance of his hunt, the Inquisitor lets nothing stand in the path between him and what is, to him, his righteous redemption and vengeance. Some would argue the majority of the sector's fall can be attributed to Dukovich's tireless hunt, but few do for fear of his precognitive abilities and the 'excommunication' that would follow.

Time and again, he has sacrificed all he owns and commands in the pursuit of this villain, rebuilding when his efforts are discovered to be for naught, only to spend it all in one devastating blow after another upon the purported heretics and apostates of his sector. You are but one of the latest and likely last of his group of acolytes, purchased with the final scrap of the good will he had with his peers and drawn from all over the Imperium. You are his final hope, and if his visions are true, the only prayer his devastated sector has.

Now, it seems that the sorcerer has made a mistake, and your team is moving in for the kill..

-------

Welcome to some good ol' Dark Heresy 1e! This game is going to start out as a short, simple one shot to establish a villain before moving into an Ascension game against more sinister powers.

I am looking for FIVE acolytes to take part in the last mission of a desperate inquisitor; if he fails this time, then there's no redemption or vengeance for him, and you lot are sent back to the inquisitors you came from.

You will get 13,000 XP to build your acolyte. You may or may not come from Dukovich's home sector, but give me a description of the world you grew up on, how you came to the Inquisition's attention, and why your inquisitior selected you for this assignment. If you came from Dukovich's sector, give some insight of what you think of the Inquisitor and his efforts as you perceive them, as well as how you came to his or another Inquisitor's attention. What events set you apart from your peers? Are you doing this on faith and duty alone, or is this atonement for crimes?

For your stats, roll 10#2d10 and discard the lowest set, and assign as you please. If you take an alternate rank, make sure to make note of it. You will not be ascending YET; this will be a base DH1 character, so don't apply any ascension packages or anything to them yet. There'll be more XP later for that.

The recruit will be open until September 10th, and if you have questions or need help, you can find me and other knowledgeable players in the #acolyte channel on Synirc.

Let's rock!

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

FireSight posted:

How much money do we start with, or how many months of money?

Let's say at least nine months of your highest rank's salary. That should be a fair amount of money to kit out; you guys should be seasoned acolytes but I think with that much only like the nobles will have a full suit of power armor and all that other stuff.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 27, 2016

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Werix posted:

I do want to point out that on page 29 there is a box that says that for higher level characters you are supposed to get one month's salary for every 400 exp, so that is like 32 months worth.

Not saying 9 isn't fair, but just putting into perspective what the book thinks we should have.

I missed this part, so yes. Change it to 32 months.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Yeah, no Grey Knights or Space Marines as of yet. If you want to be one, we can arrange for your character to die in the intro or during the interim and come up with a way to have a marine, but for this part you guys are just acolytes.

The threat isn't big enough for an Astartes response.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
No, I actually had less time and internet access when I was out of town than expected, so that's on me.

I just got in after a six hour drive so I'm gonna have picks made tonight. So sorry for the delay guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Sorry for the delay. I was pretty much dead all day yesterday.

Dachsundofdoom - Julio Kierkegaard XII
Werix - Davith Waelon
Wiegieman - Polonia Samsara
MaliciousOnion - Zacharias Enos
Esser-Z - Valencia de Lucinda
Schizotek - Loire Merovech

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3789992 Thread is up.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 13, 2016

• Locked thread