Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ole MIss game should be fun. Always a good time playing a SEC team. (except for those jort wearing fuckers in Gainesville)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Michigan has plenty of talent. Their issue under Hoke was never recruiting. They legitimately had one of the best defenses in the country last year and bring basically everyone back. They have issues at QB, but they should be really good if they can get even average play there, and Harbaugh is a great QB coach.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 28, 2016

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I kinda hate Ohio State, and I don't know why. Hell, it's not like FSU ever plays them.

Also, they allowed UF to win a championship. Come the gently caress on.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Had the chance to see Last Chance U (aka Hug U) during my posting sabbatical. It was great, there's not much I can add that hasn't been said already, but watch it immediately if you haven't already.

I'm also really glad that ten years from now Clint Trickett will be able to watch this and remember at least one season of his football career.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
gently caress Rhode Island.

They're going to beat Kansas, but in case they don't, gently caress 'em.

It should be noted that the last time Rhode Island Athletics played Kansas, it was in 1998 in basketball, and Rhode Island won, so I'm not looking forward to history repeating.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
One week from today I'm going to be in Houston watching OU kick the poo poo out of UH as they start the route towards 2017 national championship god bless

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

It should be noted that the last time Rhode Island Athletics played Kansas, it was in 1998 in basketball, and Rhode Island won, so I'm not looking forward to history repeating.

go rams

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

Was that Lamar Odom era Rhode Island?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
The closer it gets to UNLV's first game, the more bothered I am that neither QB could win the starting job. It really doesn't matter since the first two games are vs Jackson State and UCLA which give a lil more time to make a decision, but still I wanted a starter named already

Kendal Keys, one of our starting WRs is out for the season now too. Please don't be another two win season :ohdear:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah I watch pretty much everything through my parents' xfinity account.

A true millenial.

I do the same. Although they use my Netflix, Hulu, and Prime so I think it's an even trade. gently caress signing up for cable TV until a la carte exists.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

A true millenial.

I do the same. Although they use my Netflix, Hulu, and Prime so I think it's an even trade. gently caress signing up for cable TV until a la carte exists.

I also use their Netflix and Prime plus my sister's Hulu account. The only pay streaming service I buy myself is the single team NBA League Pass so I can watch the Pistons.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
yall should root for teams you don't want to see play (Illinois) as well as ones that are on national TV every week (roll tide) so you never have to bother with streaming crap

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Quandary posted:

One week from today I'm going to be in Houston watching OU kick the poo poo out of UH as they start the route towards 2017 national championship god bless

Same but I'm in Houston and flip the schools.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Probably Magic posted:

Man it's weird URI has been brought up twice in as many days for football. If you guys lose to them it's gonna be the worst season. I grew up in RI and their games were unwatchable for how bad they were even when I was little and didn't fully understand football. That said Go Rams

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska had a practice last night that was open to students

quote:

After the practice, hip-hop artist DJ Kool, known for his "Let Me Clear My Throat" song that became a Husker anthem last year, performed briefly for the students and team after being introduced by quarterback Tommy Armstrong. A short fireworks show followed.

For the curious, DJ Kool projects the Huskers to win all their games in 2016.

drat right

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
A successful season for Texas and really the entire world would be wins against Notre Dame and Oklahoma, ruining the playoff chances of both.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
how did you make someone that mad about anti-virus

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Scionix posted:

how did you make someone that mad about anti-virus

Goons

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx

whiteyfats posted:

I kinda hate Ohio State, and I don't know why. Hell, it's not like FSU ever plays them.

Also, they allowed UF to win a championship. Come the gently caress on.

Pretty sure everyone hates Ohio State.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Quandary posted:

Go to Gatlins BBQ while you're here

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Was that Lamar Odom era Rhode Island?

Cuttino Mobley. It was Paul Pierce doing the losing too.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

SaltLick posted:

Go to Gatlins BBQ while you're here

They apparently have a concession stand at NRG now

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Real Name Grover posted:

Nebraska had a practice last night that was open to students

drat right

One of my coworkers was trying to convince me Nebraska is a dark horse contender this year. Not for the B1G, mind you, for the national championship.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Raku posted:

Plus the media has to constantly push their narratives and one of them is treating Jim Harbaugh like he's accomplished something.

Uhm, kiss his NFC championship ring!!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Uhm, kiss his NFC championship ring!!

He needs to win a real conference, like the AFC or SEC.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

go3 posted:

He needs to win a real conference, like the AFC or SEC.

this but unironically

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Do his Pioneer League championships mean nothing to you guys?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Well I guess Sean Maguire will be back in time for the Ole Miss game

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

Raku posted:

this but unironically

He made Stanford good. Stanford.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He's a real good football coach. Urbz is still gonna own him though

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It's fun seeing MSU fans talk about Harbaugh like Michigan fans talked about Dantonio as recently as last year

'oh call me when he's won THREE BIG TEN TITLES, what a joke'

Urban Meyer is a joke of a coach, too big of a coward to even go to the NFL, and Nick Saban? He quit like a baby because he sucked too bad. I guess there are actually zero good coaches in football.

Except Jim Caldwell of course

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Nick Saban was wildly successful in the NFL, but the players mutinied because he was too good for them

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Jim Harbaugh is a good football coach, very similar to Lovie Smith.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

Pretty sure everyone hates Ohio State.

I like Ohio State.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

kittenmittons posted:

I like Ohio State.

gently caress off

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

kittenmittons posted:

I like Ohio State.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Nick Saban was wildly successful in the NFL, but the players mutinied because he was too good for them

I'm going to put this on my loving tombstone

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Lessail posted:

The closer it gets to UNLV's first game, the more bothered I am that neither QB could win the starting job. It really doesn't matter since the first two games are vs Jackson State and UCLA which give a lil more time to make a decision, but still I wanted a starter named already

Kendal Keys, one of our starting WRs is out for the season now too. Please don't be another two win season :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/tdewey33/status/770045855189569537

Complain on the internet and your problem goes away :woop:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
just got approved for a battle at bristol photo pass :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy