Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Greetings Goons,

Any gardening advice for the following situation is appreciated.

There's a lot of lawn in front of my house. However, petroleum pipelines run under most of it, so I can't plant anything higher than 4 feet in that region. In addition to this, the lawn along the pipeline is in a long row clear of trees running mainly east and west, so there is a lot of sunlight and it gets a lot of sunlight. I live in the Atlanta metro area, so it gets very hot over the summer. I've tried planting grape vines along the edge of the pipeline, but after 3 days of being unable to water them due to travel, they died.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for good native plants that can thrive in this type of environment with minimal watering (biweekly or so) in a hot summer with lots of sunlight and don't grow over 4 feet tall. I've heard red clover and purple pixies as possible suggestions. Any others are appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Thanks for all the suggestions! Weed is out since it's (stupidly) illegal here. Blackberries, watermelons and hostas look like excellent candidates.

• Locked thread